0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: timbaland beats

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Original Message                 Date: 11-Jun-00  @  03:35 AM   -   timbaland beats

biogenik

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

can someone post some timba-style beats.
all i know about his production is he uses a lot of 32nd and 64th notes.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/71                 Date: 04-Jul-00  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

r-tek

Link?:  No link

not buying the album would b a very wise investment methinks ;-)

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/71                 Date: 04-Jul-00  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

agreed...

Message 33/71                 Date: 07-Jul-00  @  06:23 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

still waiting for those links... *yawn*

Message 34/71                 Date: 08-Jul-00  @  12:08 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

deltasleep

seems to me you could just lay down random drum patterns, and then just accent on the typical boom chick....bomchick points. I'm gonna go try that.... i'll tell you all if it worked. hey H i'd love to hear those secrets, i'm in nashville, dirty south.....sorta.

Message 35/71                 Date: 10-Jul-00  @  09:37 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

k

yes, but i specifically wanted to copy beats from named tracks as examples.

Message 36/71                 Date: 11-Jul-00  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

--------outkast----------

Hey I'm from GEORGIA...that's the dirty muthafuckin' BEEOTCH!!!

Message 37/71                 Date: 12-Jul-00  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

deltasleep

georgia is indeed the dirty south. i hear alot of dirty south nonsense coming from cars, all i can say is i miss the Rodney O and Joe Cooley/Sway and King tech days. it was all so much less brutal then, it was still cool, but it wasn't so damn obscene, then the geto boyz come along.....

Message 38/71                 Date: 01-Aug-00  @  07:42 AM   -   RE: timbaland beats

rasputin_jr.

i think that timbaland is unique with his style but today most of the music in every genre - whether techno , hip hop or jungle sounds similar, what i suggest is that let the beat be DS, but develop your special baseline or specific sound by which you will be recognized. peace....

Message 39/71                 Date: 01-Sep-00  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

realtrance

Link?:  Link

Just listening, I'd guess the main thing behind the DS sound is:

1. Incredible talent and attention to detail; and
2. Having a long history of music-making you've been paying attention to (stuffy people would call it "tradition") registered deep in your synapses from close study.

Then whatever equipment comes to hand to take 1. and 2. above and put 'em together with.

I REALLY agree with the proposal to do DS if you're DS, and to do something else if you're something else. If you study DS long enough and hard enough, you are DS and can do it, same with anything else. Harder to come by the tradition if you're in Norway, but not entirely impossible.

rt

Message 40/71                 Date: 21-Sep-00  @  08:02 PM   -   RE: timbaland beats

H

I didn't mean slow down a loop.You program the beat w/
individual hits not
loops................................

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

There are 71 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum