0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Guitars & amps

Subject: did anyone see that uk TV show?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message                 Date: 30-Mar-01  @  05:38 AM   -   did anyone see that uk TV show?

k

Link?:  Link
File?:  No file

top 10 guitarists?.. i stayed in to watch it and nearly smashed the TV ... did you see who they had as their top 10 all time greatest guitarists?.. fuck me sideways... Johhny Marr?.. Hank marvin?... eric claptout?... brian (i fucked up the guitar-greats liveshow with steveie via) may, carlos 'tired' santana.. what a total fucking joke - NO stevie ray!!!!.. NO django!!!, no satchmo or via !!!!.. no gilbert, no Zak, no Scotty, no Gary Moore, NO ZAPPA (travesty!!)..!!!!.. no Eddie !!???... no Keith (the riffmaster) Richards... no Yngwie.. no Tony macalpine, no nuno... etc etc.. what a load of total wank. i was disgusted - the only one who deserved to be in the lineup was Hendrix... anorther indie media company fuck-up when they had a chance there to educate people -

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 11/12                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

d

Link?: Link

it is amazing that Beck is the Yardbird left off the list. If we put our heads together, we could come up with another 100 that belong there more 3/4 of what they came up with. blackmore? marr?? btw, I caught every Zappa/Mothers tour that came through here between 73 and 87, (and I have Verve vinyl on Freak Out, Absolutely Free and Only in it for the Money) so, yeah, I'm aware of Vai's contribution. Eeek, showing my years again!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 12/12                 Date: 09-Apr-01  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: did anyone see that uk TV show?

k

Link?: Link

not really showing your age mebbe, it's a cultural thing - those older albums/artists tend to be known by the squat brigade even tho it's not their era - I grew up with Zappa round the house for example as a kiddie, me mum & dad had Weasles, Weenie Sandwich, Rats, etc.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum