0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: kapok tracklist updated

Viewing all 97 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

Original Message 1/97                 Date: 14-Oct-04  @  07:57 PM   -   kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've finished halide (I think)...hahaha...and thanks to -mindless- I think
I've learned a thing or two about compression and Eq's. I'm no pro yet,
but I'll get the hang of it eventually...so a shout out to mindless is most
definitly called for. THANKS MAN!!!

Also in addition to uploading the new version of halide I've also added
another track to my playlist. A track that is very different then
endbeautiful and halide. Please read the "Track Details" for more. Hope
you enjoy. Also I'm hearing lots of great music out there on DT...A
shout out to everyone else out there keeping the groove movin. Keep
up the good work guys/gals!

kapok

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/97                 Date: 15-Oct-04  @  08:41 AM     Edit: 15-Oct-04  |  08:42 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

woland_ex

Hi!

Your tunes sounds definiately very good!

I'm just listened the "anywhere but here" track, and its great, I really like the beginning of that (arrangement, sounds, feeling).

Best,
woland ex

Message 3/97                 Date: 15-Oct-04  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

broken finger

Yeah, very clean, professional sound, like it a lot!

cheers,
Tamas
:-)

Message 4/97                 Date: 15-Oct-04  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

thanks guys!

Message 5/97                 Date: 16-Oct-04  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

wow>

reminds me of weather report meets system 7.

i like it.

open road my man.

Message 6/97                 Date: 16-Oct-04  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock

aye. these tracks really are very bloody good indeed.

Message 7/97                 Date: 16-Oct-04  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

good stuff

not as good as togo peffin tho;)

Message 8/97                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

milan

halide... yeah man, definitely cool thing going on. i would however recommend beefing up those drums a bit, and bringing in some varitions... the synths/atmospherics ROCK and i'd try to convince you to do an atmo dnb version by speeding it up and letting me do the drums  

Message 9/97                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  02:01 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Link?:  No link

Thanks Influx. Togo appreciates your praise. Togo is currently working on his new album.
Dr. Togo Peffin

Message 10/97                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Well done, Kapok. Not to Togo's taste, but well produced. Professional.
Dr. Togo Peffin

Message 11/97                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

premini

Hey, very Orbital-esque track, i like the acid line.
The sound is amazing btw...

Message 12/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

hey guys thanks for all the input. You know I kinda feel like a retard
cause I told you halide is finished, and after listening to it like 50 more
times, it is so far from finished. hahahahaha...milan u are so right I
really need to beef up that groove. It gets boring and the
atmospherics are cool but I need to throw something else in there to
break it up. The problem is when I was sequencing I hit the bong one
too many times and I melted into my chair and listened to the track
and I just let myself go riding on that one melody and I'm like "this is
perfect" takes me right where I wanna go...but then I listen to it again
(without the bong hits) and realize that this song needs way more
direction. I apologize for my pre-mature ejaculation on this one...

I've learned a couple of things here.

1. Don't sequence a track while wasted on bong tokes!
2. Don't upload a track and tell everyone it's done when it obviously
needs waaaaay more work.
3. Don't settle for boring drums.

But live and learn right? Thanks again for your honesty and direction.
(thanks for all of the personal e-mails too mcc) I promise I won't up
this track again or litter the forum with new topics until I know for sure
I'm done...hahahaha. Thanks again guys

kapok

Message 13/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

Nah man drugs and music are GOOD. Jim Morrison led the rest of The Doors into the desert to take their music deeper, The Beatles also wrote a lot of stuff whilst mind fucked. Even our good friend Togo's broad palettes of sonic excellence were inspired by a sachet of lemsip in a mug of hot water.

As for beefing up an already atmospheric track. From personal experience its pretty diffiucult without ruining the original feel of the track, especially if you are using lots of rich warm sounds.

Looking forward to some more stuff from you, and Togo as well, of course.

Message 14/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

i think if you feel a mix is finished...then say so_upload it...and go with it.
if you feel differently later_ then change it.
easy enough.

sometimes you just gott a let the shit fly before you can truly know....but yeah too many bong hits....cool i guess during the creative process but probably not during final mixing.

finally....(and i've only peeped the tracks once each) but one of the things i enjoyed was the way the drums sometimes felt a little distant.
that gave things a sense of space and dimension....bringing them more upfront at times could add to this whereas having them louder for the whole ride would>not.
one of the things about your music which seems to set itself apart
is this sense of space and travel and dimension.
you don't want to lose that.

okay...i'll quit bugging ya>
: )

Message 15/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

yeah...not all drums have to be bangin

I think writing while altered is ok, but...maybe the critical stuff should be saved for sobriety

and togo..I was kiddin. didnt even listen since youre yet another one of those overzealous self voter chart sluts

Message 16/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Ouch!!!! down boy down!!!! hahaha...now
thats what I call "taking the gloves off" I'm gonna try and stay on ur
good sides...peace

Message 17/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

influx---dude I just listened to all of ur tracks and they all blew my
head clean off. Fucking awesome man. Coming from someone whos
drums are always banging I find it hard to believe that u would tell me
that drums don't always have to be bangin! Or maybe ur tired of
banging drums and my plain boring drums are a nice vacation from ur
banging drums? hahaha I dunno, but fuck man...ur drums are sick...I lack
where u excel, thats for sure....u make my drums sound like I
programmed them on my fisher price "my first beat box" lol! anyways
keep up the sick grooves, I like alot! And trust me I'm not just saying
this because I'm afraid ur gonna rip me a new one like u did
togo...(omfg it's a KO folks!)...I honestly am very impressed...its a
breath of fresh air for real...I need to hear more shit like that so that I
can convince myself to spend more time on drums. Cranial gets my
vote...tell ur cousin good job too. Does he/she have a DT page? I'd like
to hear more of ur cousins tunes as well. keep that shit coming!!!!!

kapok

Message 18/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

"Coming from someone whos
drums are always banging I find it hard to believe that u would tell me
that drums don't always have to be bangin! "

all I meant was...not all compositions call for hard hitting drums, ya know? Altho, some of my favorite tracks have been pretty, melodic ones that had MASSIVE drums and basslines.

Hybrid? some of their shit is just fcking amazing.

thanks for the listen

oh..and the comment to Togo...that was just based on an old beef I used to have with some folks at DT...the ones that insist on voting for themselves on the charts so much. Its always so fcking obvious!

thats all. No need to keep on my good or bad side. Im an equal opportunity hater 

Message 19/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

Self voting ? That doesnt go on does it ? No way. I thought that Togo's 9 tracks domination the charts were because they were so good and obviously everyone had been voting for them.

*piece of tumbleweed blows past*

hello ?

Message 20/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  10:59 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

oh..and...as for badass drums...you're not familiar with the whole "nuskool breaks" scene I take it? there are a LOT of MFers doin some SICK shit with all aspects of production. Tricky sounds, huge drums, bowel loosening basslines...

of course, there's also a glut of unimaginative copycat bullshit, too.

as for my cousin, "the aimless one" I cant remember where his shit is at. He had a page at Iuma.com I believe, but not under that name

crap. totally forgot!

he does some damn good stuff, but his production isnt quite as "bombastic" as mine...

the sound of cranial is mine. he did the sound creation/sampling, and an original arrangement but the final product is my arrangement and production.

Message 21/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

lol @ jock

I dont mean to start _that_ whole thing again, though 

Im sure that thread could be pulled up tho. shit got FUNNY remember?

Message 22/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

Actually dare I say it, but I've listend to a few of Togos tracks, and although the sounds he is using is totally dire, musically wise he has got some very interesting and complex ideas lurking there. They just need refining.

I never really got into that whole chart fixing thread, it would be good to read through it though !

Message 23/97                 Date: 18-Oct-04  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

SignalRunners - BLU

influx- no way your peepin hybrid man   you gave me a hard time a few years back for likeing them as a novelty trancey breaks act! (or something like that)

heh, mebbe there new sound is diff now, i not heard in a while, i used to LOVE thios guys - wide angle album was just plain frightening at the time

need to check them out again actually.....

Message 24/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

I gave you shit?

they ARE "trancey" at times...and sometimes embarrasingly so. But...other times theyre hard as fck!

dont remember doing that, but that means nothing 

Message 25/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  12:30 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

SignalRunners - BLU

yeah, hehe - i used to love the 'embarrasing' trancy part to their sound, was the nearest i got to getting really into breakbeats (nu breaks?)

i think the last track you posted (i think) had a kinda trancy vibe to it (not to offend) - was pretty cool as i remember!

Message 26/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  12:39 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Influx, my lovely friend. You sound like watered-down Aphex Twin. Your music is spectacularly bland and repetitive. Pardon me for falling for your brilliant bait. My God you're a clever bastard. With all your lovely equipment (whatever it cost, it's a lot more expensive than mine), I'd expect something more interesting.
Jock Munro: thanks, I suppose. May I remind you that the sounds are inevitably going to be dire on the toy, free equipment I use. If I had equipment that was worth any more than nothing (so, above the value of Influx's music), I could probably make something quite good. And being quite good is an aspiration I would recommend to most of the people, including Influx, who contribute to this site. Quite good would be a huge improvement for those people.
Stop fucking otters. Stop not unmaking music. You're a cow's innards. Eat your own face, mister.
Love and hugs from Dr. Togo Peffin

Message 27/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

heh. keep on goin, dude. youre the only one that cares what you think really.

I didnt even know this was a competition really. maybe thats why Im not out there voting for myself!

funny thing is..Im pretty sure this person is someone the old school crowd here would know.

Message 28/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  03:10 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

i think we have about 3 new threads here but since kapok don't seem to mind too much......

i remember influx giving blu shit about hybrid.
at the same time...i also question any suggestion that trance music can't be hard as fuck.....
just as almost any music can have it's moments.
i can think of some fiddle music which is HARD AS FUCK! _especially to play.

as for the chart...influx why do you care about the chart
if you don't vote for anything?
i mean...do you? have you recently?
it doesn't look like a chart which has the mark of your participation.

what bothers me about togo's chart-presence is the simple fact that there's just
SO MUCH OF IT!!!!!!
do we really need to have TEN? songs up there to know you have music on offer togo?
i could care less if you're number one or ten or how you got there as long as it's good music that represents....
and there ain't a ridiculous glut of it hogging OUR scenery.

i think there should be some kind of time-limit as to how long tracks can
CLING to the chart also.
soap dodger has been up there for over a year now.
boo's other 2 pieces have been up there for 9 and 5 months each....and they're
not even that great of tunes either.
according to boo himself....they're not even tracks really but 2-hour sketches....which should've one day become real tracks.
i've told him personally but he's pretty precious about these things...
plus he's #1 in his art-class painting unicorns so.......errr...
welll.....he don't talk to idiots.
funny>

well...at least shatterstar.
what a relief.

Message 29/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  03:44 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

clay...I have voted for a few tracks recently, including one of kapoks that I thought was good.

I dont care, really. just cuz someone mentions something doesnt mean they care all that much. I havent lost sleep or anything of that sort. promise

funny to see that youre still railing against boomeister as well. Ive never met anyone who refuses to let things go and insists on takin jabs whenever possible the way you do.

oh, and..if you remember me givin someone shit about hybrid...well...it musta happened. It was probably cuz blu said "I like breaks. I like hybrid" and hybrid certainly doesnt represent breaks 

oh..and Ive heard plenty of trance that I dug, big time. Most of it was the psy stuff like shpongle or infected mushroom. VERY intricate!

not this maudlin crap that gets regurgitated over and over and over and over ad nauseum

sorry kapok for the threadjack 

Message 30/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

influx....
so what we got to say about togo-the slut (?) is valid but not boo....?

nah man....
i think only psy has written a song (dusk) which could grip this chart for a year...and be legit about it.
after that...i can't think of one.
my beef began with a valid issue but became more personal when it became addressed privately.
now it's just simply back to being an issue...with a few personal notes thrown in for.......
the sake of human interest.

oh....you... forgot to say thanks.

wink....

Message 31/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  04:49 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

sorry. "thanks. wink"

and no...ANYONE that continuously votes for their own track is a chump. dont care who it is.

the ones that stay up otherwise are there because theyre damn good work.

funny how easily democracy fails when given the chance, huh

Message 32/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

This self voting thing is pants. Its nice to see a piece of your music up in the charts, because its encouraging that other people listen to it and like it enough to vote.. But if its people pushing their own music then its not a true representation and therefore a load of old guff.

Oh and Togo, I paid you a compliment, but that doesnt give you a green light to slag off other peoples music, as your in no position to either. Influx's stuff is in a totally different league to yours.

As for the free sounds your using, I would invest in some decent kit. It would be like Jenson Button attempting to take part in a Grand Prix in his sister-in-laws second hand Nissan Micra, just because he got it for free.

You dont reckon Togo is Charlie reincarnated ?!

Message 33/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Er, screw yourself, Influx. Twice. Sideways. You all take this too seriously: I've not heard one track on this site from ANYONE (including myself, of course) that would have any hope of selling well, or would deserve to sell well.
Jock - I'll slag off whoever I wish. What's so good about Influx anyway?
Fuck your pets,
Love Togo Peffin

Message 34/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

beds

Link?:  Link

here we go again.

Message 35/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  03:18 PM     Edit: 19-Oct-04  |  08:01 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

File?:  [image]

[image file]

ding ding ding!!!! Togo...u got knocked the fuck out in the 1st round...so
maybe u should go back to ur corner and chill out for a second...

Music for me is supossed to be a positive experience not an experience
where a bunch of people vote for themselves, talk shit about other
peoples music, and beat each other up over "he said, she said
bullshit"...wtf?

Music is an extension of ourselves. Togo's music is an extension of him,
influx's music is an extension of himself, mcc's music is an extension of
himself...so on and so forth. Who the fuck are we to judge each others
styles and preferences. (hybrid ref.) If u don't like someones tracks or
styles, then oh fucking well. If u have a suggestion or a production tip
perhaps, thats great, isn't that what this forum is for? But if it is just to
degrade the other persons prefernces and style...thats fucking lame. I
hate country music, but I don't go on www.countrymusic.com and jump
on their forum and tell them how bad they suck...I keep it to myself and
try not to surround myself in that "country" atmosphere.

But thats just me and my opinion...hey if someone wants to sign my
tracks...great, thats awesome, BUT I will never take that as..Well i'm a
rockstar now so fuck all u guys...all ur music sucks, and I'm the bomb.

Well I guess I could keep going but I think I've made my point, or
maybe I have'nt made a point at all, maybe this just seems like some
rambling crap, but I wish u guys would stop fighting over some petty
ass shit. Someone once told me

"Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things"

Lets all try and make an effort to be decent to each other atleast,
(including myself) if we can't do that then...well I guess tough shit for
me right? Even though I may have been a bit harsh in this particular
post (shame on me)...when it's all said in done nad everyone has got it
our of their system I still say "peace to all of u", and keep up the good
vibe...I hate to sound like oprah or Dr. Phil but come on guys lets grow
up...lets be good to each other.

Peace
kapok

Message 36/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  03:20 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

Togo, heres a suprise for you. The motivation to compose music isnt always driven by whether it would sell well. I am sure that a lot of people on here could easily sell out and churn out a bit of commercial crap but they would rather stick to what they enjoy doing.

But really, I expect most people including myself, think your opinion is about as worthless as a exercise bike in stephen hawkings study.

Message 37/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Good point Jock about the motivations of writing music...I couldn't
agree more with u...as far as ur jab to Togo...ouch man, I think Togo is
on the ground bleeding at this point (although I think he asked for it)
maybe we should stop kicking the dead horse...I don't agree with the
guy on so many levels but I don't wanna kill the dude. I know sticking
up for togo is probably gonna come back and bite me in the ass (maybe
something like: "thanks kapok but I don't need u to come to my
rescue") but lets leave the poor dude alone for now...as Rodney King
once put it...

"Can't we all just get along"

....hahahahahaha...I doubt it but hey it was worth a try...peace to all of u

kapok

Message 38/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

wasnt it also Rodney King who said "oooof ouch arrrghhh can somebody please call me an ambulance" ?

I wouldnt worry Kapok, I think you'll find that the majority of people in this forum have a lot of respect for eachother. I certainly value everything people have to say either about my music, other peoples music or just life in general.

Just every now and then you get the odd confrontation, usually its just a healthy dose of slaggin, which should be taken lightheartedly. Although really such slagging should be reserved for The Lounge, but I'm too lazy to move my mouse up and select a different forum as I've drunk too much alcoho*SLUMP*

can somebody please call me an ambulance ?

Message 39/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

lol...good one! and good advice too. I'll try not to take myself or any of
u guys too too seriously. After all, arguing on the internet is just like
running in the special olympics...even if u win your still retarted.

http://www.neochaos.de/forumemo/arguing.jpg

peace
kapok

Message 40/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  05:28 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

jock_munro

"After all, arguing on the internet is just like
running in the special olympics...even if u win your still retarted. "

HA HA HA HA HA, oh my, not very politically correct, but bloody funny.

Message 41/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  07:19 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

well togo, you'll be booted from the chart any day now if this self voting goes on...

comprendez?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 42/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  07:29 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

in fact!... hey presto!

gone

now Togo - relax ok, it's a good site with a good userbase of peeps who DONT spend all day asking about their Creative Audigy or how to get a manual for Cubase cos the dog ate their copy - welcome aboard and all that, but y'know... relax man.

we'll put you back in to the chart soon if you behave.... it's not like it's even serious for gods sake, we only added it so the frontpage would rotate a few different artists work from week to week so there's no need for it to be overused.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 43/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

jock always says some FUNNY shit!

and kapok...dont worry dude....Togo barely even registers on my awareness scale. He's just the latest fallacy to come along and bolster his deflated feelings of self-importance by disrespectfully rigging something that would be true democracy if left alone.

there've been plenty of others before, and will be plenty of others to come. Some people simply cant be left alone with honesty and integrity as the only concepts binding them.

and, for the record, I didnt slag Togo's music. Havent even listened, and probably wont because yes, his attitude sucks.

oh and also for the record, directed at Togo: No, the stuff I write wouldnt sell on a large scale. Im well aware of that, and that has never been my motivation. While I would love to write something that connects with a large number of people on an altruistic level, I believe that is almost impossible nowadays. The only stuff that sells big is almost always a sellout of some sort, or caters to the lowest common denominator.

fact is, every single one of my efforts that has been released on vinyl has SOLD OUT, with requests for represses EVERY TIME.

AND...the best part is...here at dancetech, where the charts were supposed to be a democratic exercise, and FUN...

I have never corrupted them the way you have. The times my tracks have been on the charts were because other people enjoyed them, not because I found a way to continuously vote for my own stuff. Nor did I ever ask anyone else to do so.

so...go ahead...tell me to go fuck myself. sideways. twice. The fact remains, though, that you are a chump and that my motivations are, and always have been, pure.

Message 44/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

yo check out "shiny happy people" party people!!!!

Message 45/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:26 PM     Edit: 19-Oct-04  |  09:28 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

milan

"Don't sweat the petty things...Pet the sweaty things"

and lol@Jock!

and a @ Togo... wtf is it with you dude? put on some happy glasses (wheres that piccie when you need it?)

(K, i think the search function isnt working btw. cheers for adding name search tho! we need it!)

Message 46/97                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

yeah, i'm still working on the search section - nearly done

Message 47/97                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Ooh, sorry for subverting the natural equilibrium of your forum-based sub-universe. First I have a question: if my opinion is so worthless, why respond? Why not pretend I'm not there? Second, it was a big mistake to turn this into a moral issue. You're pontificating to me about the immorality of clicking a button that makes your name go higher up on a list, which would be fair enough if you weren't mocking people whose lives are restricted beyond our imagination by disabilities (the boy in the photo and everyone's favourite living physicist Mr. Hawking). I see a double standard, don't you? What would your mothers say? And mocking Rodney King really is quite idiotic. All the Americans here are genuinely unfortunate to live in a country where this could happen.
Again I shall resume the topic of not caring. If you don't care about the charts, then why do you keep bitching about them? Also, if I care about them so much, why have I not put myself back at the top? I have regular access to literally hundreds of PCs, and I could spend an hour on getting myself at the top until Christmas. I probably could care less about the charts, but dear lord it would be a struggle.
I'm not bleeding on the floor, but I am finding quite humorous this moral uproar. Also, you should remind yourselves that commercial success doesn't have to refer to what silly people like Britney Spears have.
Did I remember to tell you to chew your own teeth? Also, remove your left legs and then try to kick yourselves in the face with the right.
I'm only kidding. I actually love you all and want to hold your hands and dance around trees with you.
Influx: my attitude sucks but your music sucks AND blows simultaneously.
Lots of love, plenty of hugs and masses of respect from Dr. Togo Peffin

Message 48/97                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  04:57 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

whats wrong with Britney, give me 5 mins with her and she'll have a flange like Darth Vaders collar.

Message 49/97                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Message 50/97                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

you can attack my tunes all you want, my man. They dont suck, period. The stuff that goes public does its intended purpose, and sells well enough for me to feel ok with it.

thanks for that, though. its nice to hear opinions!

Message 51/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Like a vacuum cleaner, like Britney to Jock, like that Debbie lady who did Dallas .... your tracks suck like a mosquito. Did I mention that they blow too? Do I detect anger? Learn to take bad jokes, my friend. After all, through your music, you make bad jokes. To me your stuff sounds like the electric fart of a robo-goose. But seriously, learn to take a joke. You're already sounding way too serious.
Togo

Message 52/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

that last post sounded serious? It sounded to me like Im not too concerned about what you think about my tunes

I havent even listened to yours.

Message 53/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

When will they get rid of self voting and how come the ofice playlist stays the same all the time???????

Message 54/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  04:23 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

When will they get rid of self voting and how come the ofice playlist stays the same all the time???????

Message 55/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  04:26 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Would you believe I'm related to Togo?

Message 56/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Not bad Kapok, good production. Reminds me a bit of Orbital, I could do with some equipment like yours, I'm stuck with fruity loops and a few cracked synths

Message 57/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Stop harrassing me, Influx. For God's sake .....
Togo

Message 58/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

There's probably a better way to stop self voting, but really, how?... if you use cookies, then the person can delete the cookie if they know how, or by ip address they can use a second pc, mebbe at work or college.... etc

Message 59/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Thanks humble granny...ur the 2nd person to tell me it sounds a bit like
Orbital...must be the female vocal type thing going on there. Has a
hacylon+on+on type feel to it. As I listen more and more I'm kinda
getting sick of it though..hahahaha...I hate that...one thing I don't like
about writing tunes is after u hear it in ur sequencer looped over and
over a million times u start to get bored w/ it...I think I need to put it
on the shelf for a while and come back to it..OR I need to learn how to
write drums that don't suck!!! Anyways thanks for you comments.

kapok

Message 60/97                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Togo Peffin

Would you believe I'm Humble Granny's humble grandson?
Togo

Message 61/97                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

"Stop harrassing me, Influx. For God's sake ....."

what the hell are you talking about, loco?

Message 62/97                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

So you can't just take the self voting off the site? and why was it put there in the first place out of interest???????

Message 63/97                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  06:58 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

So you can't just take the self voting off the site? and why was it put there in the first place out of interest???????

Message 64/97                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  08:02 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Influx

it was put there for the community to vote for music they liked. it turned into something quite different

or...rather...sometimes.

it'd be damn hard to regulate, I think, and its certainly not important enough for k to put even more time than he already puts into this whole thing

Message 65/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  12:47 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

I would like to point out that the reason my track Overture is currently sitting at number 2 in the charts is only because I posted a link to it on some Jean-Michel Jarre chat forum, and Jarre fans, being the geeks they are, will love anything that sounds remotely like their hero, therefore they must of all voted for my cover version.

Not vote riggin, but it would explain why a pile of crap like that is currently at number 2 !

Message 66/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

shaddup jock before you start sounding like boo getting all paranoid and apologetic.
that was funny......"someone's out to get me!!!"

your tune is a decent piece of worship with some seriously cool-sounding leads.
the fat simplicity of the drums really rock too.
who cares who votes for it if it's rocking the joint?
at least it ain't like some fucking beyonce remix...

but don't worry.
i promise to quit voting for it in about SIX months.

Message 67/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Every time I use too many synths in a song it starts to crackle becoming impossible to carry on but its fine when converted to mp3, does anyone know exactly what this is?

Message 68/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  07:00 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Every time I use too many synths in a song it starts to crackle becoming impossible to carry on but its fine when converted to mp3, does anyone know exactly what this is?

Message 69/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  08:34 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

beds

a double post in the wrong thread?

Message 70/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

Message 71/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  03:05 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

You are prob taxing the shit outta ur pc with synths. What sequencer do
u use? Like Cubase or something? u have a vst cpu meter (F12) I think...
if that starts knocking on 85 and 90's door (some times less depending
on ur machine), then its time to mix some of those midi tracks down to
audio and then turn off those synths. Also if ur using a shit load of plugs
it will do the same..mix that shit down to audio and turn all those plugs
off...ur taxing ur cpu and it's causing it to crackle. Oh yeah also what
kind of sound card do u have?

kapok

Message 72/97                 Date: 23-Oct-04  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

just send everything through your mp3 plug-in at your master-output and
you'll be fine.

Message 73/97                 Date: 24-Oct-04  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

I use fruity loops, I don't know what soundcard I've got and how do I send everything through my mp3 plug-in at your master-output ? Also would a better sound card help?

Message 74/97                 Date: 24-Oct-04  @  06:55 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Does anyone know who Dj_Ginsu is?

Message 75/97                 Date: 25-Oct-04  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

nope

Message 76/97                 Date: 25-Oct-04  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Absorb Fish

haha i just spent like half an hour reading this and Togo's and this thread. Quite entertaining - not to say that your problems amuse me. Anyways - as for the charts, I admit it's kinda lame to keep voting for yourself but who cares really. It hasn't matter to me for a while now. I hardly check the charts to see the "best" tunes.

Message 77/97                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Yeah but you can bet most at the top have been self voters, I just thought it would be nice to see tunes there on merrit alone

Message 78/97                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  09:41 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

This is coming from someone who has 5 tracks in the top 30. Not all tracks up in the top 10 are from people voting for themselves you know. Some do reach the top through merit alone. You can usually tell which ones these are, they are the ones that dont sound like a pile of old amateur wank.

Message 79/97                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

beds

like well thumbed copies of "readers wives" ?

Message 80/97                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  02:29 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

nutoniom

jock, dude, overture sounds fawckin' huge ! lovely playing, awesome recording.

oh and as for self-voting, i'm known for abuse. k even changed the floating ip problem because of me

Message 81/97                 Date: 26-Oct-04  @  03:21 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

heh heh, well as I said in another thread, or was it this one, that I posted a link to that track on some Jean-Michel Jarre fan club forum (as its a cover of a JMJ track), that would explain why Overture has been floating around for some time.

So I suppose its vote rigging of some sort as well !

Message 82/97                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  09:19 AM     Edit: 27-Oct-04  |  09:27 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Jock, I never said they were all self voters and as for my "amateur" tunes they would be seeing as I've only got fruity loops with a few synths and can't afford to spend thousands on equipment like you probably have.

Message 83/97                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  10:54 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

k

nothing wrong with Fruity & s.synths

Message 84/97                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

On reflection my original point was really stupid because at the end of the day-WHO CARES ABOUT CHARTS?. Music is a way of expressing yourself and if people like it then that is an added bonus and I'm kinda embarrassed I even mentioned the chart thing now that I've thought it through

Message 85/97                 Date: 27-Oct-04  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

Humble, I wasnt aiming my "amatuer" comment at you.

And as K says FruityLoops is a brilliant bit of kit, the bloke I used to write with used it all the time and would get a sound that would easily blow away anything I could achieve with my outboard gear. In fact you can achieve so much more sophisticated results and production techniques with soft synths and computers these days, stuff which is totally depressing coz I know I could never get my hardware to do the same thing.

As for the charts, I've said it before, I think it is important, if they are a fair representation to what people like and dont like. Its a great way of judging whether you've written a corker of a track or a pile of shite. I cant see any harm in feeling good if you've got a piece of music up in the top 30 coz obviously it means people have listened to it and voted.

Message 86/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  03:53 AM     Edit: 29-Oct-04  |  03:54 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

Jock, upon reading your comments with a clear head I can see you were not aiming them at me which is good because I don't go for all that slagging off stuff (exept with Jason J) and as for the not caring about the charts, all I was saying was I make my music because I like it first and foremost, and don't care if it is in the charts or not and would never make a tune specifically to try and get in there.

I also think that fruity loops is a great bit of kit and very easy to use but I just have a severe lack of samples which leads me to the question : Do any of you know some good sites with some free samples including vocals and perc?

Message 87/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

this isn't the link i was looking for but this might help..

just search for "free audio-samples" in your browser.

web-link

Message 88/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

When you search for that kind of thing you tend to get a load of crap like sites selling cd's, I was looking more for specific names but thanks anyway.

Message 89/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

Well, it depends on how moral you are with regards to file sharing and bittorrent stuff. (i.e internet piracy/stealing/not having to pay for anything) I can point you in a couple of places where you can download samples until the cows come home. Not just samples either, music software as well.

Failing that, if you would rather stay within the law, then I'm quite happy to email you some samples from some of my sample CD collection. And this is stuff that I've actually paid money for !

Message 90/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  08:37 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

I didn't want to get illegal samples, just free ones, I know there are sites around like sampleswap for example

Message 91/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  08:40 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

I didn't want to get illegal samples, just free ones, I know there are sites around like sampleswap for example

Message 92/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

what kind of samples? like loops and stuff u mean?or .wav's u can use in
ur sampler, battery kits etc?? Do u guys use loops? Like pre-made
drum beat loops and stuff?

Message 93/97                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Jock Munro

aye most of the time ! I'll usually start programming my drum patterns using single hit samples from the Akai, then 99% of the time beef it up with a loop thats been timed up usiing Acid, and imported into Cubase, but then run that loop through a weird effect or filter so its not that obvious, just to give it a bit of "ambience" to the track.

Message 94/97                 Date: 30-Oct-04  @  01:41 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

Humble Granny

I was looking for single wavs that could be put in to fruity loops like drumhits or pads etc

Message 95/97                 Date: 03-Nov-04  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

cary850

ahhhhh I see, can't help u there man...sorry

kapok

Message 96/97                 Date: 04-Nov-04  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

mcc>

i've got thousands of single-hit wavs but unfortuntely....sometimes you even have to pay like 20 bucks for them.

Message 97/97                 Date: 06-Nov-04  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: kapok tracklist updated

milan

i got thousands of single hit wavs too, but they were all collected for free over the years... this place (files section) is a good start and there are many more on the net, just search for them...

Viewing all 97 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 10

There are 97 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum