0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: an announcement - read

Viewing all 83 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

Original Message 1/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:09 PM   -   an announcement - read

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

can we please stop responding to the baiting of trolls like GT & loopy - it's (as they want) creating negative energy on the site.

if you ignore them they'll go away - they just are a couple of young guys getting a kick out of taking the piss and watching the reaction.

ignore please.

if a decent conversation entails over various issues of this nature then fine... but dont respond to 'troll inserts' or troll started threads.

let's all chill and make some good vibes i suggest.

Every little helps, as ASDA would say, and this trolling and the vibe it's making is really wearing on me, I dunno about you.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:53 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

Link?: Link

they make me laugh, but i guess i see what you're saying.

psylichon

Message 3/83                 Date: 04-Nov-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

formant

don't forget me k, i fit in the stereotype :-)

so GT is pro isreal

and loopy appears to be pro insanity in general

so no one is to speak out on the side of the oppressor, only the oppressed, right?

got it!

jamey

Message 4/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

Link?:  No link

hey, a troll...

Message 5/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Steve Roughley

You've got a point there K. The lounge was definitely delving into SOS territory there.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 6/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

some little pecker called me today.

Message 7/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

I dunno..GT...yeah...definitely throws some inflammatory stuff out there...

but...what did the loopy guy say? I kinda thought he made some sense...

is it so offensive to wish that people would quit harping on the past?

dealing with the present is DEFINITELY a necessity and we need to recognize where people are mistreated and eliminate that effectively

but...aww hell I dont know...

Message 8/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:02 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

troll? cos i disagree?

"Troll: To utter a posting on Usenet
designed to attract predictable responses or flames; or, the post itself"

kinda indicts just about everyone here innit?

try this...don't lacerate people and they're cool with you.

Message 9/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:15 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

thats what a troll is? as in "trolling" like fishing...

heh. never understood that one.

I dunno GT...you do sometimes say stuff that seems intentionally inflammatory.

and you kinda have this "I know better than you guys" thing goin on...as if youve got it figgered out and the rest are idiots

oh..Im sposed to be ignoring you. oops 

Message 10/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:30 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

i understand influx, and -you- are right

i do not understand how people get so upset at oppsing view points...but it looks like doesn't like fair minded, balanced chat and it's his site...so, fogetaboutit.

Message 11/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Def Z

and you kinda have this "I know better than you guys" thing goin on...as if youve got it figgered out and the rest are idiots

This pretty much describes most posts here...

Message 12/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

I dunno...I dont agree. Usually when I read what someone has typed I can see the "this is my take...nothing more nothing less"

but some people come off differently. shit. Im probably one of em!

Message 13/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

pict

Influx trolling is when you drag a single baited line from a boat,trawling is when you drag nets.

Message 14/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Defector Z

I thought trolling was putting on some beer goggles and bangin' the fattest chick you could find...

oh, nevermind.

Message 15/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

look, to me GT and loopy are sort of doing the equivilent of for example, taking the piss and generaly dismissing the haulocast to some jewish people.

i dont think that's very tasteful and goes beyond 'reasonable', especialy as it is only being done to deliberately fuck with people. It's already been pointed out to GT that peoples family & kids are affected by these issues, and that makes it DELIBERATELY distasteful.

For example would these two say to jewish people similar things? - "fuck your whining about some incident in the past, and btw, you just hate everyone" - etc etc ?? - would they?.. would they go and preach their belief as spoken here in a public place?...

i doubt it.

it's pathetic. That's not a discussion, I'm sorry.. to 'disagree' is one thing, that's debate, that's a discussion, fine... the rest isn't.

Do you disagree with that? - I'm not saying censorship _i'm saying it'd be nice not to respond to deliberatly inflamatory posts that's all.

Better still GT grows up and stops posting them. I mean the internet is like cars, people get in them and behave differently to they would in real life.

But lets magine the scene: In a bar, GT is holding forth tro everyone about jewish/black (you choose) people whining about the holocaust and getting upset about it and being filled with hate and whatnot.

Someone says to him... FUCK YOU, half my family is Jewish/black you're talking shite! - someone else says "Hey fuck you man, my wife was attacked over this shit recently" - and the first person sits down and is quiet... after a while GT turns to the group and says "Guess he pussied out then!" (ha ha so funny)

yeah... really tasteful I'd say.

is it asking too much for more taste?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

k, your comparison’s a bit off but...

if you think for that one minute that my opinions are intentionally directed at your or anyone else’s personal/financial situation, it just isn't so. i'm just as financially strapped as the next guy, but it's my own fault in my case.

i speak my mind by just as i would in person...if some cat gets frustrated and steps to me cos he doesn't like what i'm saying...who dares wins.

i don't get personal and i DON'T threaten people i don't even no what they are capable of, take note.

all i'm saying is the it seems you have a real slant on balance here. you jack with people... replying with flames (and encourage other to flame) to their posts and then get upset when they flame you or others in return.

don't ya think it works both ways? Ying and Yang man, no? you've been on the streets, you know.

i don't recall being anymore rude or immature than the next guy...so your message is a bit unclear, but if you're going to moderate, won't you put both sides in check?

if you don't want opposing view points, just say the word k...but i thought it was about teaching each other about personal experiences, which formulate new opinions and perspectives, empathetic or sympathetic.

thanks for your time

DT'er since apprx '96

Message 17/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

my slant...

while I don't agree with nearly any of GT's viewpoints, I would hardly classify him as a 'troll' or even a 'punter.' Sure his posts may knowingly instigate response, but I aim for that in all my posts, too! He's just a little less subtle about it... and his views are different than most on here. Doesn't make him wrong.

i'm not sure why this is such a personal issue for you k, but i think if you look at everything in perspective, this shit doesn't really matter. You run a forum board... you should know that if you don't like what's said, don't read the thread and don't respond! It's not like this guy's outside your front door shouting obscenities. It's the internet, just log off and smoke a spliff if it gets too much for you!

Nothing but respect for you and your site, but don't let little things like this bother you. There's lots of people out there, and we don't want to send them away because they communicate a bit differently than us, do we?

It IS the lounge, after all!!!!

psylichon

we're just typing out words here, people

Message 18/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  11:59 AM     Edit: 06-Nov-02  |  10:56 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

yes psylichon but it IS k's front door, isn't it? conflict isn't pleasant, even legit conflict. k's asked him to shut up about it for a bit of a rest, that's all! let's have a break, make tea. it's fucking wearing, so can we have a rest on it for a while w/o you saying 'oh dickhead's got a legit write to put his program caca all over'

read next message for dipshit acting as if i must be k's dog.

Message 19/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

he didn't ask me, he asked EVERYONE...you feel special?

....and what you just said perpetrates the negative, good job

Message 20/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  12:59 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

milan

you know, k could easily ban all o/t debates easily if he wanted to, like all the other audio forums out there... not like i´d miss them either.

think about it.

Message 21/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

look again I'll say - if someone wants to come on the board and says: Look, this and that because here's the evidence or here's the constructed argument etc - then fine... you CAN have a hot discussion WITH legitamate points being raised, evidence, examples etc... all I'm saying is lets less-it with the wind-ups... Loopy made some dumb remarks about ireland in another thread for example... well they weren't reasonably constructed arguments, it was just stuff that 'could' be inflamatory to someone reading the forum.... that's all I'm saying.

debate is ok, who the hell is saying otherwise?

But OBVIOUSLY if someone appears posting words that (in a nutshell) "the irish are pathetic if they get pissed off over some skirmish that happend a few hundred years ago" - that is obviously a stupid statement with no basis in reality or history..

that's what I mean - But IF loopy wants to come and say... "Blah blah, yes, sure what happened was shitty, BUT..." - and make a reasonable proposition about the present situation, then fine...

It's just the dumb inflammatory stuff which might offend readers.... y'know there is already some irish/celtic readers on this site, never mind those people we never see who read/lurk so have some consideration - no-one would be so crass to appear here saying the haulocaust was 'overblown' and jewish people are just whining and bitter overall as a people...

why should we accept the same type of sentiment regarding any other people?

I ALSO dont like the suggestion (which is more stereotyping) that anyone who suggests that historicaly there was a wrongdoing or NOW there is wrongdoing ALSO is 'bitter and hateful' and wants to kill people or supports the killing of innocent people today - that's rubbish, but at the same time you'd be insulting those people to try to 'rubbish' an aspect of their collective history.

I used the example about the holocaust because it is quite inflamatory & rubs home the point I'm making... people react to that...They find a comparision drawn between that example and their statements is tasteless, but why?... it's the same thing for the irish or the africans... and if it comes to that, so it was for everyone, cos we all were on the receiving end at some point.

So, to repeat again.. IF someone here thinks differently, fine, bring some cohesive arguement to refute that or to prove your point, something tangible. But you cant just blast in with some crass generalisations and not expect that to be taken as insulting to some people.

That's all I'm saying - trying to be reasonable.

We're not children here, surely we can be a bit intelligent? - why?

I tell you why exactly - I was at Sonic State one day and there was a big 'hip-hop' discussion thread.... inside the thread it had descended into a row - a bunch of young dumb US white boys were trying to persuade the rest of the group that 'black' people were 'whining about the past', this group within the thread was suggesting there was no slavery issues in the past, and it was that sort of vibe, and it descended into this pathetic rubbish of cliche's and stereotyping...

I just was put right off the site, I thought, "Well that i dont want to converse with people who think like that"

and I've never been back. It didn't matter to me that these people were a minority in the thread, it just was unhappy to rewad and brought home to me each time that the world is still full of dangerous ill-informed right-wing boys who will grow to be potentialy dangerous right-wing men... so i dont care if it was justa a few guys, i dont want to mix with that vibe.

Y'know, it puts people off, it insults people. i dont want that for the site here is all I'm saying.

People dont think if it doesnt effect them... they see it as some game of intellectual bantering & pure theory.

But mebbe their kids dont come hom in tears cos at school the teacher said: "I know what 'you people' are like", when disciplining some black kids in the class...

y'know that is TODAY, IN OUR EDUCATION SYSTEM for s sake... or mebbe your wife/GF doesn't get assaulted in public, on a bus at the end of the street she lives in by some old nazi man, or your kid doesnt come home in a state cos he was pinned face-first into a brick wall in broad daylight in front of everyone on his local hight street where everyone knows him at the age of 11 (yes ELEVEN!!) by 3 fully grown adult policemen etc etc - or your kid comes home in tears cos he saw a stabbing at school during a fight between 4 kids over some out of school issue, and then shaken already he turns on the Tv and see's the London news report: "a gang of 50 black youths...blah blah, stabbing... blah blah" - which was not what he saw with his own eyes.

so dont tell me this shit is gone away. Being sensitive to that would be good as a starter mebbe. But that sort of crass denial that these events happen, and the painting of people who claim they do as somehow 'bitter and twisted' is right out of order.

Message 22/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

BJT

Dragging a line behind a boat is trawling innit?

Message 23/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:29 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

"but i thought it was about teaching each other about personal experiences, which formulate new opinions and perspectives, empathetic or sympathetic"

well what's your 'personal experience' of this then GT? - I'm still waiting to hear that. Like you say, we CAN learn from that something mebbe?

tell me... Did some armed gov't agents come to your church and drag your pastor away? - or come into your community and drag off some people you knew? to hold them indefinatly without trial??... did your family get attacked or insulted by a 3rd party on the basis of race or religion recently? - were you or your family attacked by muslims or 'bitter' black people recently?

tell us please your 'personal experience' cos I'm keen to learn what you mean.

Message 24/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

"So pull out the protestants then, give Ireland back to the catholics and ship all the Irish from Britan back to Ireland then eh? Then withdraw any trade agreements and government help? All because of a skirmish back in the days of James6th/1st? It makes me laugh when all this crap gets bandied about, like black people going on about slavery - duh ancient history (cue some dickwad saying that slavery still exists) if you really feel that strongly about all this crap then don't buy anything German, Japanese, Vietnamise etc etc. MOVE ON."

Thats the sort of thing I mean from Loopy that is just so crass it's ludicrous.

"duh ancient history " - ANCIENT HISTORY!!... that's odd cos when i was a kid they had to live in a segregated society with different bus seats, drinking fountains, schools, colleges, toilets, ghettos etc... when we turned on the Tv we just saw them being beaten to shit by guys with huge clubs...

ing idiot.

Message 25/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

to put this in perspective loopy - please read my reply in the thread: 'human rights watch'

Message 26/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

loopy

Well first let me explain, those comments were made to be sarcastic (which was probably wrong) they were not intended to be taken seriously due to the crude way they were written. I was trying to make a point by "glossing over" the issues and coming to a ridiculous "solution". If ppl read the whole posts and make comments about the points raised (no matter how they are written) it would be plainly clear that they were written with a degree of sarcasm, but the points made were with good intent. I really could bring loads of my personal experiences of racism and general thuggery to the fore and be bitter about it, but I choose to try and view the bigger picture without dwelling on things. Hope this explains a bit better (I'm not a Historian or a Writer or even well "educated") I just try and air my views, and thats all they are.

Message 27/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  05:29 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

well blimey man, perhaps it's not a good idea to be sarcy about it?... it might be your way to deal with it, but... anyways cheers for making it clear.

Message 28/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

one thing that is sure is we're not all master debaters (huh huh, heh heh). we're not all going to express our ideas with the utmost of clarity and sensitivity to others at all times. when most people debate on here, I'm willing to bet they're writing out their ideas for the first time (i know i am). Can't expect them to get it right and do it all nicely and such, especially when we talk about such juicy subjects.

I think no matter how crass a thread starts, the more we lay in and try to 'correct' the viewpoint, the more refined and intelligable the original argument becomes. we help each other to become better debaters. If we respond with name-calling and hot heads, we'll get that in return.

I can't speak for the race thing. It's a whole 'nother world from where I'm at, and I can respect your feelings. I just don't think gt and loopy were playing it like that.

psylichon

Message 29/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

i'm a natural entity, gt, and in the natural world, respect isn't as meaningless a term as the cuisinart of modern human culture tries to make it out to be.

in the natural world, you demonstrate respect for me by staying THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY, CLEAR?

that's evident to any natural creature.

now you christian robot shits of existence don't respect a fucking thing. your policy, programmed by your controller, is simply not to respect anyone or anything, but to go to it and include it, homogenise it.

you and your fucking fig tree are programmed to go out and involve it, convert it, conquer it, or destroy it (fig tree.) you think you're fucking saving the world by giving it a greater grace, but you're just robots of some power shit and a fucking a pain in the ass, you know that? do you know that, you idiot?

now i dsaid it jsut over there. i'm big, you're gonig to be wearing that arm.

you don't respect k, you don't respect me (i'm obviously not interested in pedantic rhetoric for the sake of provocation) you don't even respect your own dialogue (or you'd be absent as promised/threatened) you're not worth saying anything to, because you think it's all just a joy to say whatever you like if you think it will generate a response. guess what? fucking making somebody react isn't an argument, or a debate, nor is it clever. and child of any species on this earth knows how it works.

as far as i'm concerned, it's simple: there are a collection of free beings here, who recognise that we are free beings in light of global slaver situation with you and your little institution, we treat each other with respect.

you, on the other hand, are a robot shitling of your lords and a betrayer of the mind, and in this forum, as far as i am concerned, you deserve nothing but a constant rain of sewage, and no right to return. you need a glass rod shattered in your eurethra. you need to get tiger striped and tossed in alcohol and lain in a bed of liver flukes for good measure. your ideology is garbage, and you don't need any respect. all you need, gt, is extermination. outright.

Message 30/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  08:07 PM     Edit: 05-Nov-02  |  08:08 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

"let's all chill and make some good vibes i suggest." -k

Message 31/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

d

"whatcho need. a little respect.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T." -- Eurethra Franklin

Message 32/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

wow.

hey k...thing is...lemme ask you this...in america, slavery is OVER and there ARE people who refuse to let it rest

NOT glossing it over, but saying that...aside from the cultural impact, why is it still an issue? Why should it have anything to do with NOW?

Honestly...the race thing is so maddening, because both sides are just wacky sometimes. Anyone mistreating anyone based on skin-tone etc...wow...full blown idiocy. But at the same time..things HAVE changed drastically. Its not the same as it was in many ways, and the opportunities are there for the taking, but some folks choose to mope about it, hindering their own progress.

Message 33/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  10:15 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

99devils

Influx, would you not agree that there is a serious difference between what I think you're talking about - people using it as a scapegoat for something they themselves might be responsible for, versus for example a car driven by a black kid being pulled over in an affluent white suburb just because he's black (and if you think that doesn't happen, come visit me sometime)..

I'd think that there are more people who are legitimately discriminated against than who use race as a scapegoat.. True it does happen, but in my experience it's more likely someone is harassed because of race or gender.

Sad world, isn't it?

-Craig

Message 34/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

That'll explain why a black guy in the US is six times more likely to be convicted and jailed for a first offense than a white guy.. because they moan too much and need a little jail time to sort their whining butts out? Or what? You tell me...

The National Institute of Drug Abuse estimated that while 12 percent of drug users are black, they make up nearly 50 percent of all drug possession arrests in the U.S. Although African Americans make up less than one-third of the population in Georgia, the black arrest rate for drugs is five times greater than the white arrest rate. In addition, since 1990, African Americans have accounted for more than 75% of persons incarcerated for drug offenses in Georgia and make up 97.7% of the people in that state who are given life sentences for drug offenses.

O, but that's ancient history right? They should just stop moaning and server their life sentences?

Can you imagine what this does to families? Mother's brothers, sisters, children?

A friend of mine got picked up by the police for 'being in the vicinity of a street disturbance while black'. As it turned out he is a gentle, well spoken, highly educated Nigerian who was with his brother at the time (who happens to be a molecular biologist trying to find a cure for heamophilia)... and after his beating at the hands of the police, took them to court and won 10K in compensation. Most people don't have that backup. The police thought they had some street guy who they could intimidate into pleading guilty.. tough on them. And they wasted 10k of my tax money!

His brother recently spent 2 years applying for work and got nothing, no interviews, nothing. It finally occurred to him to change his Nigerian first name, let's call him 'Enoke' for here, to 'Ethan' on his job application forms. Within a week he had 5 job interviews and got 3 offers.

Go figure.

Message 35/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0 da white guy

WOW! I missed something.Glad I did
though.All I know about life doesn't come
through statistics.But here in my town you do
get massive chances as long as you don't kill
anybody.It really doesn't matter if you're
black,white,or hispanic.It more or less
depends on which judge you get.Judge
Fitch(black) will give you a chance at getting
things back to where they need to be.But if you
go up against judge Brown(white) you're
SOL.Now when I shot that guy across town
they didn't print it in the paper cause it was an
everyday ghetto occurance.That just goes on
here.NC has a bad crowd in it in
general.There's not much to do here but fall
into the traps of society.Where I live it's known
as little Jamaica because of the high
concentration of dreads and yardies.Naturally
when you have a group so large that is feeling
so opressed by the system,violence plays into
it so easy.We have 2 cops for each "criminal"
and they roll w/ subgunz and what not.Just
trying to get by day to day in this enviroment is
wicked tough.Look at me for example i'm
white but all except 2 or 3 white people here
hate me cause i'm a "race traitor".I mean
come on that's so wack it's out of line in any
social fabricated society.The thing is if I were
to totally flip out right now and start gunning
down police half the ghetto would hide me
out.They show me more love than any hicks
even my own so called "family" of cousins and
such.They aren't shell people like the resty of
the crackers here.These white people have
nothing better to do than sit around talking
about each other and spreading rumors
around the country club.The coolest thing
about this town is that the police chief is
black,the sherrif is black,and one of the
Superior judges is black.So for a race traitor
like me it gives me a level of security I haven't
found anywhere other than ATL.Sure it's small
and boring but at least the racial purifiers
aren't in total control.Anyway as one of my
homeboys told me i better walk a pretty
straight line cause do a black crime i'll get
some black time.But you know if that's the way
it goes then that's life.Sure I had a choice as
to what peer groups and so on I could hang
with.But my choice was between real people
and shell rednecks.But the way things have
turned out I feel pretty good and proud of my
mishmash culture.Sure I might not have
someone I can go to and ask for a handout
cause most of my peeps is broke.But in the
end to get back love in exchange for being me
is far greater a reward than to be a racist pig
like the other whites.So I guess my whole
point pf rambling on is that to throw out a
stereotype from a lilly white perspective is just
inbred and stupid.So if k can't deal w/ a certain
type of stereotypical behavior than who can
really blame him.It's just not right and shows
your true ignorance if you think that just
because it's a screen and can bounce off of
you like that is dumb.We're all real
people(maybe not xoxos) and expect a degree
of sanity on our computers when we try to
escape whatever it is we call our lives.To be
confronted w/ racial politrix when you come for
the music flys in the face of what k is trying to
achieve here.This is a community and it
allows outsiders to have a place to kick
it.seen.

H- to say the holocaust didn't happen is
disgusting and evil,not some sort of subject
for jokes.Slavery sucked but black peeps don't
"whine" to me about it cause they know how I
feel.This shit gets depressing as it can when
the race card starts flying around.sorry bout
the rambling,just had to say my bit.seen.

Message 36/83                 Date: 05-Nov-02  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

ok zazza...youre totally running with the ball on what I said

I never said racism doesnt exist. I never said people arent horribly mistreated for such a truly small facet of their "being"

I said NONE of this.

and craig..I live near Irvine, which has a really bad rep for hassling "suspicious" types.

its wrong and there are no two ways about it, but PLEASE zazza dont go putting words in my mouth or making inferences that I didnt make.

Message 37/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  02:29 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

BJT

Hank you shot a man?!?

Message 38/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  03:37 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

lol!!! ... it's off again!!!!!!!

oh well... and yes, most non whites I know just get one with it, they dont carry any 'chips' etc - just cos people here are making a pointing something out about the realworld doesn't mean they are bleeding hearts who bang on about it all day.. i never talk about this shit with anyone i know - why should we? - we know what happened, we know we all aknowledge that, we get on with it.

and of course it doesnt mean we think it's restricted to one group of people either. It's in all people/cultures practicaly, we also know that, I've been on the receiving end from both sides abuse wise so I know THAT, and we can all see examples from recent times of each nation genociding their people in all sorts of political or tribal or religious or whatever conflicts... europeans, africans, asians, they've all had a go at it.

So no-ones singling anyone out it should be noted.

Message 39/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

sox

JX3P0 and K... respect.

I think most (not all)of the users on this forum feel the same way about colour and race. Probably through life experiences and not the the propaganda fed us through our parents or governments.

Assholes come in all colours. Most people here seem willing to accept someone who puts out respect for others but won't tolerate and/or bitch and moan about the rest. Thats why this forum IS different that the others.

sox

Message 40/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Steve Webster

I am half black, half white. I think during the last 5 years, attitudes have changed. Being black in England is cool. There are black people in Eastenders, half the english football team is black and even the 10 o'clock news presenters are black.

Alot of inner city white kids have adopted black (street) culture. Especially in the London garage scene. I see black and white kids on inner city London estates getting on great. The Black Mans culture has been adopted neatly and I love england for that.

The real problem is with the asian community. They don't have anything to identify with. No sportsman, not a big asian (nationally) music scene and not alot of asian actors on TV for the asian kids to identify with.

Seriously, I think being black in England is cool now. Being an Asian britian is not.

Message 41/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

Yeah, I know what u mean.. at my daughter's old school (North London) the bottom of the heap were pakistanis and bangladeshis..

Interstingly she's now at a college where she is in a minority (in fact she's the only white brunette in the entire college).. and it really turned her head around.. she recenly told me that people were stupid to characterise others by race/religion because they were all just people..

Message 42/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

arent there a lot of asians in the UK tho? Not "chinese" asians but indians, pakistanis, etc?

I sincerely had the impression that prejudice was almost nonexistant in england

perhaps Im just trippin?

Message 43/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  11:09 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Steve Webster

Influx, yer I'm chatting about indian asians. Its not so much that they suffer racisim from whites (although there are still some cavemen that enjoy this), its more the fact that they (and their culture) have been ignored by british society.

Message 44/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  11:47 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

The Indian/Pakastani chicks in London are sooo friggin hot...imagine: tanned skinned, jet black hair and some have brigth blue eyes. (I'm talking "westernized" if you will)

IMO, they are the most beautiful women in the world

I'll have to go and rub one out now.

Message 45/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

when i was over there last summer there was a bit of rioting going on over asian racism.

it's not just humans either.

Message 46/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

yup, BIG riots in bradford.. and of course there is racism in the UK.. no shortage here mate..

Message 47/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  12:12 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

sorry GT?.. (sorry to pick it up again but:

". (I'm talking "westernized" if you will) "

what?.. cos some have blue eyes? (er)

dont get it?... besides, pakistanis and indians are caucasians. So are aborigines.

Message 48/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0

I know he drops back in w/ those chicks are
so hot.What about the people in
general?huh?You have alot to learn about
culture.But I guess like I said,lilly white rubs
off on a majority of whites.It's not a shocking
revalation or anything.

H- sort of like the slave owner stealing the
wives out to the barn for a lil in and out while
the husband works the field.IMO.

Message 49/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

"dont get it?... besides, pakistanis and indians are caucasians. So are aborigines. "

EH?

H...dude...again with the "white = stupid" thing. WHY?

Message 50/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  07:41 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

yeah, i know about the rioting...kinda has BEEN going on innit (every country has their pigment issues)

well, prior to embassy guard time on audley street, i've never seen a far east girl with eyes like that (never after either). i met her on a train back from another bird's house and she was simply stunning. i've fancied them every since. i can't stand MOST american women, but that's another thread.

westernized (semblance of european fashion?)- imo, jeans, skirts, blouses vice the sari, which we tend to have more of here. remember, what may seem common for some, might not be for others.

Message 51/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

what's wrong with american women GT?

Message 52/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

questions, questions

What are fecking Plato? ;)

GT wrote: "..but that's another thread."

Message 53/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

wait..

GT...are you english? or american?

Message 54/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

zazza: they open their mouths and make that horrible noise. but at elast gt ain't breeding  

not like i'm keeping track but as a fyi there *are* some strains of dark skinned dark haired folks that have blue eyes.. and green.. south/central american tribes..

Message 55/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:21 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0

white=brainwashed,ignorant.Not all
whites.About 1% are cool.Probably more but
they sure aren't in our country..

H -tracker X?

Message 56/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:28 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

"white=brainwashed,ignorant.Not all whites.About 1% are cool.Probably more but they sure aren't in our country.."

here we fuckin go again.

BULLSHIT, dude.

you know what...by making a distinction, saying "whites aint it":

what are you doing? what is that called?

your dreaded racism. pure and simple. youre saying that "white people" are inferior for whatever reason

fuck that, bro. absolute bullshit.

Message 57/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:36 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

errata

Influx has you there... I'll take a queue from Zazza's trick in another thread...

black = brainwashed,ignorant. Not all blacks. About 1% are cool. Probably more but they sure aren't in our country.

hehe

Message 58/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:38 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

Im gettin fuckin sick of this backlash shit. People claim to be "color blind" and then run off screamin about WHITEY

we arent all rednecks

we arent all robots

we dont all have nasal voices

we arent all xenophobes

we arent all racists

there is no such thing as ALL anything, and if there WAS it sure as hell wouldnt be based on skin tone.

think about it H...some serious re-evaluation is necessary here.

Message 59/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:48 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0

My homeboy just read the last couple of posts
and asked if i've been screaming out against
whitey.All I can say was I had to bait my own
hook for that one.Fishing isn't as fun when you
only watch.

H- look ma I caught a big one.California
minnow.cheers.

Message 60/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0

I won't get mad this time but I thought we
agreed to disagree.No need to quote me on
the next posted response.

H- i'm sure if they want to figure out why you
need a tampax they can scroll up.seen.

Message 61/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  09:55 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

Im not mad, dude. Dont start talking shit, please. I didnt say ANYTHING about you personally, did I? So maybe you ought not.

why would you "bait" like that?

I know you didnt say anything "whitey" directly...but if you were serious you need to rethink it. If you werent then...thats a pretty fucked up way to go about things.

are you saying you were attempting to be ironic? If so, I missed it.

PLEASE dont start the name calling and shit, man. Totally uncalled for!

Message 62/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

JX3P0

Ok i confess most white people suck.I'm white
so it can't be racism.seen.BTW I baited by
saying I was baiting.of course you fell for
it.Sort of predictable that way(not you but
peeps who bitch about baiting).The ole
switcheroo.Maybe I should say most
American whites?

H- club cracker

Message 63/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

imho hank's estimate is rather generous. i could be joking, but seriously. most mature humans=fairly decent cooperative/homonid equilibrium skills. but critical awareness? oppressed have the edge there because they caught a whiff. life eats. that's all you need to know! that's _all_ you need to know. obviously life is evil and totally without a shred of merit, and even amongst this lot, the *greatest* hope for humanity (yes you, you.. are) you're too afraid to do anything but pretend it's not. ooh the universe has given you mystical experiences, ooh, it's cool, i had astral sex and floated over a forest. the universe is your enemy, and you don't even know it!

fucking buddhists you claim? then you claim to ENJOY things?

okay, i'm taking a 15 minute break  

Message 64/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

alright. Im stupid and predictable.

next?

Message 65/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  10:05 PM     Edit: 06-Nov-02  |  10:54 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

see, influx, like i said? gt AND hank  

now that this has been read i can go back and edit this in as a mysterious little subversive thing in here.

it might not true, or concious, but one should remember that all these people are basically here to influence you. carefully worded. aquamarine.

Message 66/83                 Date: 06-Nov-02  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

well, imho anyhone who can't see another person as a little precious fragment of it all, but only see their fears and predjudices reflected back in their faces aren't using their one door out of this shit...

wheeeeeeeee...

Message 67/83                 Date: 07-Nov-02  @  07:59 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

psylichon

man, x, that must be some good 'cid because from your posts tonight, I almost get the feeling that you CARE!

{shudder at the thought}

psylichon

Message 68/83                 Date: 07-Nov-02  @  11:58 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

aah, i was having a lovely time yesterday  

z: i hate that door! it's bloody stupid!  

Message 69/83                 Date: 07-Nov-02  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

i think they wired the handle...

Message 70/83                 Date: 07-Nov-02  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

So!... no wonder GT is so 'for the shitstem' - so U used to work security in the American Embassy GT??

Message 71/83                 Date: 07-Nov-02  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

Ok... this is NOT a dig, just curiosity - GT, this is a music tech website right... but i was thinking about it the other day... I never saw you mention what gear you use, or heard any of your music, there's no links to an mp3 page or anything, your profile lists nothing, you made a GT homepage, but it's blank ... do you make music?

Message 72/83                 Date: 08-Nov-02  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

Zazza

he's a plant, and i'm not talking ficus...

Message 73/83                 Date: 08-Nov-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

actually he writes some pretty good shit. Sorry but what the fuck does that have to do with ANYTHING?

what if he was just a FAN of "dance music"...

Message 74/83                 Date: 08-Nov-02  @  08:09 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

GT

thx influx

kilo...umm, i'll be real nice here...lol! you listened to my track "Big Blue World"...dbase search would reveal previous post.

keep smokin the stuff

have a good weekend peeps, i'm out for a while

Message 75/83                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  12:28 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

No i was just genuinely interested if you made music, cos i couldn't remember anything by you I heard (might have done but don't remember)

Message 76/83                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

k

well I searched for: Big Blue World

nada - where can I hear something?

Message 77/83                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

it was here, no? had a ReALLY cool steppy breaks track...

Message 78/83                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

it was pretty rote.

Message 79/83                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

milan

it was. but now it isnt. i liked it, apparently. not that i remember what it sounds like...

Message 80/83                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

nonsense. it was good stuff.

formant did some, too.

Message 81/83                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

milan

i meant it was here, not that it was dross. wish i could hear it again, cant remember the tune...

Message 82/83                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

xoxos

see, a real winner, nobody can bloody remember it. it probably had soe good drum work is why influx likes it 8|

Message 83/83                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  11:26 PM   -   RE: an announcement - read

influx

ahahahaha. yeah...I could listen to drums all day long

I like melodies, too..but you sure cant tell by listening to my own stuff 

Viewing all 83 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 9

There are 83 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum