0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  08:14 AM   -   7 vocal tracks uploaded

horizens

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hey everyone,

i was bored so i decided to encode some
tracks of downtempo-ish breakbeat stuff i've
been working on. the vocals are from my
friend betsy ullery. hope you like em.

horizens

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  07:05 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

jack

File?:  No file

Haven't listened to all of them but I'm digging
the 'your love' remix! Kewl..

Message 3/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  08:34 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

influx

Link?:  Link

well why dont you check MY remix out then, jack? 

how did this stuff encode, H? I gave my CD to someone to give to someone so I havent listened to it in a while...

Message 4/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  10:22 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

horizens

[image file]

like crap. lofi mp3s suck ass. they always
sound really washy, especially the hats. is that
stereo phasing or something?

thanks for listening jack. check out all of the
remixes. i believe that roller8 has the rest
posted up here and influx has his.

Message 5/16                 Date: 22-Oct-01  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

k

sound fulipping great to me!... i voted for a couple that's for sure  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

influx

yeah K...I think Horizens has found his calling. Told him to listen to some Lamb

you really otta hear this shit in a good system. its very well done. I, for one, am impressed

Message 7/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:29 AM     Edit: 23-Oct-01  |  06:55 AM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

influx

Message 8/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  05:29 AM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

influx

and you KNOW you ganked that logo from TEMPEST

Message 9/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

horizens

[image file]

influx, am i paying you enough?  

and ugh, my calling is down tempo-ish vocal
tracks? that's too bad. i thought i had a future
in salsa.

Message 10/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

roller8

I still think "Rescue Me" is great. Gets my vote. And I always thought you had a very promising future in uptempo bossa nova with tropical island chants. oh wait, that's MY promising future!

Message 11/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

bedwyr

i think that 'phasing' thing on hihats is a cool thing about 24k mp3s, resample and use it!

Message 12/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

Jack

Listened to Influx's mix and Roller8's too. Both
are banging (I especially liked the Spinner mix).
Horizen's mix is most song-like. The build up to
the lyrics is quite good. I find it pretty
challenging to keep a song intact but still make
it tracky. I just finished another Nina remix
that's supposed to be coming out on a cd release.
I should maybe throw that up...
ps- Influx, that 'Darkness' track is really good!
Awesome bass noise.

Message 13/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

horizens

[image file]

man, i wonder how bad it would sound to
resample lo fi hats and then repost an mp3
with them. straight distortion probably.

Message 14/16                 Date: 23-Oct-01  @  10:55 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

influx

Jack..

NINA? you serious?

you talk to that person..in person?

glad you like some of my stuff. I know you know your shit

and yeah..horizens is good at writing genuine songs. All this stuff hes put up with Betsy is top notch, with great changes and nice subtle listener pleasing effects. good use of delays and stereo...

Message 15/16                 Date: 27-Oct-01  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

milan

nice tracks Horizens! Top of the World and the rest, good stuff...

Message 16/16                 Date: 28-Oct-01  @  10:42 AM   -   RE: 7 vocal tracks uploaded

xoxos

listened to 'rescue me' and 'top of the world' (others would entail me having to track down everyone else's mixes as well.. HEY! I NEED TIME 2 MAKE MUSIC TOO!  

yeah, nice  

except..

'rescue me..' your singer sounded like her intonation/styling is perfect (portishead-like) but her pitch seemed just a bit off.. sharp a lot? that didn't do it for me.

and 'top of the world..' i want to bring something up.. might be a hallucinatory point.. (btw she's not so off in pitch and the b/g sighs are stylin'  

i get this feeling that you've got this thing i'm sorta heading towards.. it's like you're so good in your visualisation and execution, maybe jealousy is killing it for me..

but all the drums and frequencies are so right-on.. it seems like there's some energy that's lost from it. it could be that.. that it's so smooth i'm just hating out of jealousy, or smooth that i'm hoping for a roughness/out of placeness that isn't there, since all the sounds work as part of the song.. like all the sounds are so accurately depicted that there's nothing of 'the shadows on the cave wall' that are nice to watch distort.

like in 't.o.t.w.,' saying.. everything's in there in it's place.. when your buzzy rezzy lead comes in.. well.. maybe it's just got the presence in hi-fi it takes to make it really work.. but in the lofi listen i'm wishing for just a bit of messy noise there.. a tape crumple, digital clipping.. an irregularity of any kind..

it's not so much about predictability, because it's about making a song.. since the song most people hear and listen to, not the technique.. well.. that's as much as i'll say.. give you a chance to respond..

and i mention me because.. even tho my stuff's crap (i don't have the facility to polish stuff at present) i can feel it on the fringe of future ptoential.. ie. my sax bit in one track i was tweaking the sequence, took a break, and just left the rest. sometimes i get this feeling like i'm listening to something and i've made it so perfect that it's no longer interesting. i've tweaked the life out of my sax solo.

any tips on avoiding this? try to avoid using saxomophone solos (but i loove them!)??  

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum