0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Vocal samples

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/14                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  07:05 PM   -   Vocal samples

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Any suggestions where to get vocal samples? You know like where a female is singing a short 'Oh Baby' riff, or even better just an ooh or an ahh.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/14                 Date: 22-Mar-01  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

BassProShop

does your downstairs neighbor sing in the shower? lower a mic with a long cable down an air vent.

Message 3/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

sitar

Too much reverb. I need a dry sample.

Message 4/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

0/d

get some bimbo off the street,or go to your local recording studio and ask if you can look through some of their old multitracks,you'll find a goldmine of stuff to sample on these,most of the bands and musicians would have packed up a long time ago so they probably wouldn't mind,well worth the try.

Message 5/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  03:51 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

sitar

hmmmmm. There've gotta be vocal samples somewhere on the web. I've recorded in lots of studios in new york city....Skyline, Mastersound, the one in the Edison Hotel that's a deceptively major studio. Can't think of the names of most I've recorded in. I can't imagine walking in off the street and them letting me take recordings home with me. But thanks just the same. Maybe if I lived somewhere else not so time is money oriented.

Message 6/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

damballah

whispering

(I may be able to help, I'd have to check if I got anyone singers who want to cooperate these days. email me.)

hey, I stayed in the edison once upon a time. school trip to NYC. joint trip with art, music and theater departments. one of the theater majors had an incident in the edison with a male prostitute and his hammer-wielding pissed-off pimp. ahhh, New York.

Message 7/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  05:09 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

deetee_sounds

Link?: Link

the problem is.. a killer hook phrase can make a hit record... so ...

but what sort of vocals do you mean?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/14                 Date: 23-Mar-01  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

sitar

could be lots of things. for different tunes.

Damballah I'll email you dude.

Message 9/14                 Date: 02-Apr-01  @  06:36 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

Espoo2

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hey sitar, if you havent forgotten about this
thread, I think i have some public domain
samples like that...

email me @ scottmcfreedom@hotmail.com

Message 10/14                 Date: 03-Apr-01  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

sitar

Cool. Never forget a thread at Dancetech I always say. I'll try to email you in the next couple of days. I'll be away from home mostly till friday. Thanks Espoo2.

Message 11/14                 Date: 22-Apr-01  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

sitar

I guess I never did email you. I'm useless sometimes.

Message 12/14                 Date: 22-Apr-01  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

PointBeing

SOMETIMES?!?!??!?!?!?

Message 13/14                 Date: 23-Apr-01  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: Vocal samples

TechNo PrizNuz

No comments from the peanut gallery.

Message 14/14                 Date: 24-Apr-01  @  04:22 AM   -   RE: Vocal samples

k

we're sorting that out soon for you

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 14 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum