0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: neccessary force

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  12:20 AM   -   neccessary force

n3

Link?:  No link
File?:  No file

So there was a high speed chase that happened a few hours ago around here, and it ended a few blocks from my house. This guy apparently had been running for an hour or something, while firing shots behind him at the 20+ police vehicles following him. After his second collision with another vehicle, he's stuck and the police approach the vehicle, at which time he decides to pull out a rifle and point it at the cops. Apparently every cop on the scene felt it neccessary to put a few bullets in him. From my house I heard about 30+ shots fired, and I don't think he even got one off. All within about a three second period. Somebody also wanted to 'make sure he's dead' or something, because after about almost a second of silence somebody put 3 more rounds in him.

[ back to forum ]                           [quote]

Message 31/39                 Date: 15-Nov-02  @  11:49 PM   -   RE: neccessary force

influx

Link?: Link

"And heaven forbid they should live to go to trial "

YES. heaven fucking forbid because some asshole that drives around taking potshots at EVERYONE does NOT deserve the fucking LUXURY of being locked up on some posh prison.

hell..or even a nasty ass 3rd world hovel!

they deserve to DIE. right then and there. in the street like the rabid dogs they are.

BAM!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 32/39                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: neccessary force

n3

Then that should be policy changed at the top level. I don't disagree that they deserve some serious punishment, perhaps one more severe than our curent system hands out, but the role of the police is not judge/jury/executioner. All I'm saying.

Message 33/39                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  01:16 AM   -   RE: neccessary force

psylichon

the role of the police in this case was one of self-preservation, not justice.

psylichon

Message 34/39                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: neccessary force

influx

exactly!!!!! and immediate protection of the public. Fact is 'we' dont know what happened except for the tidbits that were passed on by you...but based on what you said I think the cops did fine, except for the waste of ammo (Ive always wondered why they fire so many times...and Ive come to the conclusion that they are SCARED! and rightfully so. such lunacy is rare, despite what the papers want us to believe, and ANYONE who was exposed to this sort of shit...would probably react the same way out of sheer terror!)

Message 35/39                 Date: 16-Nov-02  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: neccessary force

influx

"but the role of the police is not judge/jury/executioner. All I'm saying."

agreed. on paper. but sometimes the fact of the matter is that they almost have no choice!

would you want your brother, dad, husband, etc, to try to ARREST some asshole with a rifle?

fuck that. BAM! problem solved

Message 36/39                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  10:56 PM   -   RE: neccessary force

n3

Influx, your points are valid. It was just disgusting hearing that sh!t happen.

Message 37/39                 Date: 17-Nov-02  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: neccessary force

Zazza

How many of them do it to get on tv you reckon?

Message 38/39                 Date: 18-Nov-02  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: neccessary force

99devils

Good point Zazza... Probably too many of them.

Maybe they do it so that the cops will save them the trouble of spending 20-to-life as some guy's bitch..

-Craig

Message 39/39                 Date: 21-Nov-02  @  09:03 AM   -   RE: neccessary force

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

Running from cops on car is bad,on
superbike good.besides I ride w/ roadracers
and understand the physics of the bike.I
would never ride under the influence because
to ride a superbike is pretty influincing on it's
own.

H- Only endangering my own life that
way.Cages suck anyway.So do redneck harley
bikers that want to fight for no reson.Luckily
they'll fall off before they catch me.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum