0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: The Return of Togo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/55                 Date: 17-Oct-04  @  02:00 PM   -   The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

'Shoulders' is finished. Togo has news. Togo is working on the next album. Togo hopes to call it 'An Egg Hatches and the Wrong Animal Comes Out', but Togo is unsure about whether 7161 will let Togo have a title so long. Togo encourages you to hear his first album. Togo welcomes you to place feedback on this forum. Togo thanks you for reading. Togo gently reminds you to start listening to 'Shoulders'.
Dr. Togo Peffin

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/55                 Date: 19-Oct-04  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

mcc>

Link?: Link

i have to admire your persistence togo.
though i question the nature of your so-called humor at times....(and the degree to which you've chosen to assault the chart scenery)......
the initial bad-taste fades and/or one just becomes used to it (or one simply assumes it's a temporary situation).
you do remind me a lot of a guy in phoenix i know.
he's mad and brilliant and honest and known to be inflammatory.
musically...there's many similarities.
however....for my tastes...your works tends to be a little intellectually high-minded....
and quirky.
i would encourage you to do more poppy stuff so slower souls like me could become more engaged and feel safe in your warm and tender protection.
i enjoyed listening to several songs this morning (though i'm not sure why)
and chose to vote for
shoulders part 4.

my advice: choose pop music. varese and zappa and all that....
oh yeah....high-minded....i so easily forget.

Message 3/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

MCC: I'm not quite sure if you're being serious or not, but thanks, I guess. The advice you're giving me is probably well-founded; accessibility is not a thing to disregard. However, I wish to continue along the path of disingenuous, contrived oddness. Why? Good question.
Togo

Message 4/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

k

Link?:  Link

you can arrive wearting a tutu made of pink tofu & carrying a dead trout clenched between your teeth for all i care - just stop spamming the chart

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  04:11 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

horacio.larrechea

hi my lord, mid age, gentle giant, win mertens, michael nymanns i can associate your music with them. "dOGS ATE IT" is the best of shoulders, it sounds like a melancolic little boy
you know, me gusta la musica programada just cuz i feel it very primitive, you know everybody loves things when it seems to start. Es un gran desafio para mi encontrar sensaciones, sentimientos y paradigmas en algo tan acotado como la musica programada.

Message 6/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

mcc>

nah togo...i wasn't kidding when i suggested that you should make pop music.
i love good pop... it's just that so few with the acid intelligence actually do it.
there's fun in irony and fun in romance....
fun in intricacy.....

and fun in beating cliches sideways etc.

i liked that alphabet bit.....in helsinki.

Message 7/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  06:44 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

cary850

I'm not even being a smart ass when ask u this, I am really curious
though...why do you talk about urself in 3rd person. Like um....
togo no like, togo has a new album? Just for shits and giggles or? It
reminds me of that smegal (prob spelled that wrong) dude from lord of
the rings. whenever I read ur posts I read it with his voice in my
head...kinda spooky actually.

kapok

Message 8/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

beds

he's a roleplaying i.t. guy ... scary

Message 9/55                 Date: 20-Oct-04  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

k

heh....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/55                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: The Return of Togo

Togo Peffin

If it makes you feel happier, I'll use the first person when I ask that you don't associate me with anything the product of Tolkein. As for being a smart arse, thinking that there's something inherently 'smart' in knowing something so simple as the meaning of 'third person' is not really smart-arse behaviour, is it? So I don't think you're a smart arse. Or, if you prefer, Togo doesn't think you're a smart arse.
Oh, yes, why the third person? I don't know. It felt right at the time. Happy?
Hola Horacio - que tal? Gracias por el complimento - te tengo algo en el otro forum.
Por fin ... sorry, finally, MCC. This time real thanks. It's just that your tone is unexpected, that's all. But I'm sure it's not insincere. Shame I don't know how to say the alphabet in Finnish, eh?
Togo

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum