0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 10-Nov-02  @  05:39 PM   -   cheap yet good sounding mixer.

JX3P0

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Behringer VMX 100.$80 USD.Sounds better
than my vestax PMC-06"Pro" did.HTF did they
do that?The 200 and 300 have VCA ctl too.For
not much more.I definitely wouldn't even think
about another brand for a cheapo.

H- BPM meters too

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 10-Nov-02  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

milan

bpm meters- just dont let anyone catch you even glancing at them. that would be soooo uncool  

Message 3/12                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  08:05 AM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

JX3P0

Link?:  Link

considering that i'm not a dj and only use the
1200s for other djs who work at my studio,I
find those meters as a nice maybe i'll learn to
mix one day feature.But seriously the mixer
sounds great.Now if only I could find
someone to show me how to dj i'd swap
production techniques for the instruction.

Message 4/12                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

milan

yeah... you know, its getting harder and harder to get a decent quality dj mixer on a budget. my previous one lasted six bloody years although it was just a cheap no-name thingie with just two faders and a cross. and now that i´ve got a numark my x-fader started bleeding after only 3 months of use. and i´m not even a very agressive dj when it comes to x-fade chops!

and regarding mixing... well, just use your ears really. find two records with relatively simple (and hopefully similar) beats. let one play, put the other one in your cans and just listen. its all about aural dexterity, being able to follow different beats coming from monitor and headphones.

if you have any more specific questions just ask. i was able to help people over a distance before.

Message 5/12                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

xoxos

milan - can't you 'tweak' your numark? "1200's for guests" sheesh

Message 6/12                 Date: 11-Nov-02  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

milan

tweak? give me an idea... its a normal jobbie, none of this fancy optical business.

so... x-fader is just two resistors going in oposite directions, right? so when it starts to bleed one is loosing contact or something? cmon, hit me up with your superior skillz ;)

Message 7/12                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

toast

Link?:  No link

deoxIT from Caig does wonders for extending the lives of old faders just dont try it with an optical one. You should be able to pick some up at any hi-fi repair spot. When it gets really bad and the deoxit no longer works remove the fader and clean the contacts inside it with a q-tip.

Message 8/12                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  07:37 AM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

psylichon

and if that fails, just get a new xf. the ones for cheap mixers are under 20 bux.

psy

Message 9/12                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  10:04 AM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

milan

some engineer you are psy :P

cheers@toast

Message 10/12                 Date: 12-Nov-02  @  10:17 AM     Edit: 12-Nov-02  |  10:19 AM   -   RE: cheap yet good sounding mixer.

psylichon

always attackin' the manhood.

engineering has nothing to do with cutting.

the stock xf on my stanton sucked, no matter how much I sprayed it. get a new xf ya pussy.  

psylichon

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum