0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: What Can I do for my DJ?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  04:08 PM   -   What Can I do for my DJ?

Drop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just got our (me and my production partners)first gig. I'm not the DJ, more the engineer. The thing is that I sold my MPC and 3000 to pay for my 75% digital set up. That means that I ain't got shit to trigger samples, loops, fx, etc over her DJ set.

I wanna look cool you see :-), so any ideas on what a good piece of kit would be (not too expensive) that would enable me to interact (on the fly) with my DJ?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/11                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

bedwyr

Link?: Link

maracas? you could dance like bez too. or if your budget doesn't stretch you could go for the poor man's maracas, a box of swan vestas.

Message 3/11                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

k

harmonica??  

Message 4/11                 Date: 17-Oct-02  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

psylichon

spoons, washboard, kazoo, rubber bands on a shoebox. The possibilities are endless!

psylichon

Message 5/11                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

Drop

Ha, ha, ha. You bastards! :-) I'll show the lot of you!!! I'm gonna be a staaaaar!!!!!!! :-)

Message 6/11                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

proximus

lol :-)

How about a cheap phrase sampler with Alesis AirFX?

Message 7/11                 Date: 18-Oct-02  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

k

Link?:  Link

i'd suggest an old s/h s1000 or whatever keyboard - then you can load up samples mapped across the keys and jam along!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/11                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

bedwyr

what about one of those kaos pads (?) i've seen a couple of djs use them, bit of flanging here and there never did any one any harm/good.

you need some sort of sampler and some sort of fx i'd think, but i try not to think too often.

Message 9/11                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

Influx

Korg ES-1

Message 10/11                 Date: 19-Oct-02  @  02:31 AM   -   RE: What Can I do for my DJ?

JX3P0

I second the ES-1.I still have my MPC and
want one of those for the backpack abilities it
exudes.Add an Air FX and engineer away.

Henry

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum