0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: NEW TR909 clone

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  12:58 AM   -   NEW TR909 clone

nimanda

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

yup that’s right! and its from Roland I don’t know if its going to be a knew drum-machine or a clone , but its going to be a beeft up TR909 (or maybe their releasing it :-( ) I heard this through a friend that heard it through friend so this could be bullshit, has anyone heard anything about this????

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

controlvoltage

I believe your alluding to the Jomox X-Base-09. It is a completely analog drum machine styled after the 909. It has a full MIDI spec, yet retains the small LED screen of the 909. It has less drums sounds, but more control of what is there, including pitch on the kik, so you can tune it down to make an 808 kik as well. Again, fully analog. No imitation. Looks great as well. They sell in the US for $900.

I would highly doubt that Roland would undercut sales of their MC-303 ( yucky...) which they tout as being a capable 909 emulator. If it turned out they rereleased the 909 with upgraded spec (not much they could add...) I would be surprised, but thrilled.

Message 3/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

kilo

well I just called Roland UK, and they say: no.....no new 909 machine.....no MC-303 MK2...........no expansion for the JP....... as far as they know.......

Message 4/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Hilevelt

Link?:  Link

I remember talking to Yamaha about the AN1x.....they told me 'nope, no new synth' after I'd just played one in Germany!

Message 5/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

kid303

I'm suprised Roland didn't mention the mc505 Kilo.
Check out the unofficial tb303 page for pics and stuff.
Maybe thats what you mean Nimanda.....

Message 6/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Spoooooooooot

whats the adress kid303??

Message 7/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

sbr

where is the address?
where is the address?
where is the address?
where is the address?
where is the address?

by the way; what synth would u say be best? juno106 or jx8p? (Just the synth, not the jx8ps sliders)
i dont mind that the juno has and the jx8p have sliders
i just want to know which one sounds best
ok?

Björn

Message 8/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Ufo

Hej Björn.

Mind your grammar boj;]

Message 9/17                 Date: 14-Oct-97  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Hilevelt

Bjorn, you're so jumpy with kit! Kit sucks! Takes control of your life, then you realize that old se-50 you haven't touched in months adds more to your sound than the last 4 synths you bought! Meet girls, party, eat better, exercise, tell your mom you love her, DON'T BUY MORE KIT! (less kit=less time learning kit=more time creating music=happy Bjorn)

Message 10/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

nimanda

excuse me guys but I state what I state not because I have nothing to say or talk about,.. I have very good contacts.... I'm not talking about the Xbase (that's history to me man) I'm three or four moths ahead of you I'm talking '98, just wait and see what time gives us,.. but then again if you start waiting there's always going to be better shit coming around the corner. ..fact: its not the toy's that do it, its what you do with them!

Message 11/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  05:24 AM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

controlvoltage

nimanda: It wasn't clear in your first post exactly what you knew about a new 909, the Jomox was the last thing I'd read about. I don't believe it was anyones intention to question your statement or contacts. But now that you mention it, if the X-base is 'history' to you, then why are you interested in a 909? Nah, I'm just hackin' on ya. I agree with the last part of your last statement and shall gladly stick with my 909 through '98 and beyond, though I would be very interested to learn of any Roland doings in these regards. Lets see if they don't drop the ball again.

Message 12/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

kid303

The unofficial tb303 page can be found at:
HTTP://WWW.TEKNET.CH/TB303.HTM
(Sorry,don't know how to do that whizzy thing so that
the address take you straight there when you click it.How is that done??)

Message 13/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Spooot

i just went there and the link to the mc505 page says document not found...bizzare!

Message 14/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Avene

It looks pretty darn wierd that mc505 thingy. From the picture it looks really large, which seems stupid. One of the main things the mc303 had going for it was its size.

Message 15/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

has anyone managed to read about this thing yet, it says document not found

Message 16/17                 Date: 15-Oct-97  @  06:18 PM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Sedusa66

Yeah, I went and checked the mc 505 page out... I think that the URL had a dash "MC-505" and now it doesn't, or the other way around... But all the text seems to be in system characters (Or Japanese... it's on a Japanese site, and I'm a stupid isolated American.. the closest thing to a global conciousness that I have is listening to european dance music, what the hell do I know?).. Someone sent me some specs partially translated, but I think I threw 'em away. If not, I'll post them here for you.

Message 17/17                 Date: 17-Oct-97  @  06:30 AM   -   RE: NEW TR909 clone

Avene

I saw it a few days ago when the original thread came up

Viewing all 17 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum