0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: What kind of interface/mixer

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 18-Oct-14  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: What kind of interface/mixer

deanb028

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, i am looking for the right piece of gear for my set up.
I have macbook running logic & would like to integrate my hardware equipment into the logic set up & also be able to jam without logic. The equipment i have is mainly the Roland Aira series T-8 ,TB-3 & the VT-3 vocoder, alongside a Jomox xbase 09. So my question is do i need an audio interface, a hybrid interface or is there a unit that will solve both audio & midi integration? if not how how do i bus power separate units from one firewire/USB? my understanding is that i do not need a separate mixer & future expansion is also a consideration.
the options seem overwhelming so i am not sure what would best suit my needs & would rather get some information before i go to a store & get sold something just because i haven't done the necessary homework. all advise will be readily appreciated
regards dean.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 19-Oct-14  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: What kind of interface/mixer

admin

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

well first define what you mean when you say: "& also be able to jam without logic"

if you have some sort of external sequencer allowing you to create & build up compositions (jamming) tthen you can sync that sequencer to logic and then record any 'jams' you like into logic on instrument at a time onto seperate audio tracks until all instruments are recorded, and then mix it in logic. - To do that you'd need a mixeer with enough inputs for all your gear OUT's, and a stereo send to feed Logic, one instrument at a time.

But some hardware-instruments you own have multiple outputs, so another options is to get a multi-IN audio interface, route all the OUT's from the hardware-instruments IN to logic on seperate inputs/tracks, and monitor the lot THRU logic; then you can record any time you like and the hardware-instrument outputs are already routed IN to logic.

the other solution requires both a multi-input audio interface AND a multiple-bus mixer, and mixers with multiple-output busses now are rare or cost alot unless you get an older one second hand.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum