0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: The Slot - Akai MPC2000XL card reader

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 09-May-09  @  02:17 AM   -   The Slot - Akai MPC2000XL card reader

contact

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi and welcome to all music producers here!

I am a beatmaker working with akai mpc 2000xl and recently I have decided to look for a inexpensive card reader or a hard drive for my machine, to get rid of the old floppy drive and hundreds of floppy disks which I couldn't keep in order. Unfortunately I couldn't find one to afford around Europe so I decided to build my own.

I though it would be a great idea to make few more as the production of a unit is not that expensive and spread the word around so that anyone could upgrade and finally bin the slow and crappy floppy drive.

Please visit my website http://www.theslot.spirythm.com to check how it looks and read a bit more about it.

Thanks and I wish fresh samples and creativity to everyone!

Peace.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 09-May-09  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: The Slot - Akai MPC2000XL card reader

admin

Link?:  No link

superb idea. I assume this can work with larger sized cards right?

Can I suggest you should make a video of fitting the unit for Youtube, because it'd show people how to fit it which could encourage sales, and a video would promote the product at the same time.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/3                 Date: 17-May-09  @  10:34 AM   -   RE: The Slot - Akai MPC2000XL card reader

Maarten

Link?: Link

Dude, that is a GREAT initiative. About two years ago my Jazz drive click-of-death'ed and I swore to never ever use Iomega products again. At the time I had been dissecting the world-wide-web in search for compatible card-readers but (can't remember the exact details as to why) these were no longer manufactured. In the end I gave in and upgraded to the MPC2500, grown used to the additional functionality but somehow the 2000xl drives more punch IMO. Anyway, if the availability situation is still the same I think you're on to something here.

Spread the word.

Cheers,
Maarten

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum