0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: What Xmas Prezzie???

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 12-Nov-08  @  02:34 AM   -   What Xmas Prezzie???

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

........So the little lady has asked what I would like for xmas.

So as theres nothing that springs to mind imediatley I thought you guys may have some suggestions.

Id like to get somthing to compliment my DAW set up & that I will have some fun with in the process. Budget is £250 - 300.

With all of the virtual devices available is it worth looking at drum machine or sampler hardware, or any other hardware for that matter?

What do you reckon?

This is my current set up,

Dell Dimension 9150 & Dual Screens, Edirol UA25, Korg MicroKontrol & Casio LK300TV keyboards, B&W 5:1 M1's, B&W AS2 sub base, Denon AVR 1707, Sony Acid Pro, Soundforge 9 & Izotope Ozone 3, Reason 3, Recycle, ReBirth & Steinberg Cubase, Melodyne 3, 17" Apple Macbook Pro.

Your thoughts & comments are welcome

Cheers guys

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 12-Nov-08  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: What Xmas Prezzie???

Musineer Productions

A mic?

Yes, it's that time again. I suppose I should start to think about what to get the missus. Maybe she'd like a new electric guitar (not that she plays - yet)? Or perhaps the latest Cubase (not that she's got any previous versions)? A condenser mic? A decent keyboard? There are so many things that I could introduce her to the joys of!

Message 3/5                 Date: 12-Nov-08  @  06:06 PM   -   RE: What Xmas Prezzie???

nme

.......LMAO, yeh that reminds me of gifts from the Mrs from past christmas's, receiving CD's of groups I never listen to & then mysteriously a month later they end up in her car!

Ive been looking at the Korg Kaoss Pad which looks pretty cool, any thoughts......anyone?

Message 4/5                 Date: 13-Nov-08  @  04:42 AM     Edit: 13-Nov-08  |  04:43 AM   -   RE: What Xmas Prezzie???

sitar

Like the year I bought my wife a subscription to the NFL (American) Football Network.

Message 5/5                 Date: 21-Nov-08  @  09:00 PM   -   RE: What Xmas Prezzie???

nme

So with the lack of any real inspiration from you lot it looks like it could be these then?

..............wtf!!!!

Seriously though, is it me, am I just not getting it?

Whilst these would look pretty cool hanging from my center mirror when driving at night I dont really see what other real benefit they would offer???

They just seem to be a gimmick & the guy in the demo didnt really explain there use that well either, he talked about there features but not the benefits why you would want or need them?

Can anyone enlighten me?

What next I wonder?

Audio Cubes???

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum