0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 02-Nov-08  @  07:40 PM   -   Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

nme

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Great to see that he has acheived his dream of being world champion.

Dont know if any of you saw the documentary on him on the tv last night but it shows what can be done if you want somthing bad enough.

What impressed me so much was that Hamilton wasnt born with a silver spoon in his mouth, he came from a working class back ground & lived an ordinary life having to fight his way to the top.

His dad was just a normal guy but he spotted the natural hand & eye co-ordination that Lewis had as a very young boy & started him out racing remote control cars & who helped develop & support him at every opportunity.

Who would have thought, from racing remote control cars, he would some day win the world F1 championship? (well apart from his old man, I mean)

As well as being proud that Britain has yet more success to shout about following on from the Olympic achievements I think its great to see the 'underdog' make it.

The first of many championships for him Im sure

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 04-Nov-08  @  10:47 AM     Edit: 04-Nov-08  |  11:02 AM   -   RE: Congratulations Lewis Hamilton

k

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

yes, brilliant. Someone said the docu' is on iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b008017w/Lewis_Hamilton_Billion_Dollar_Man/

the docu has some complete bollocks in it tho from the so-called 'body language expert' otherwise it's really a good watch.

The win was fantastic to see that wasnt it? and what a great race!.

it was quiet deep i thought. F1 to me is the world's most visible highest tech industry and is also generaly a big part of the social calendar of the worlds wealthy elite society, and right at the center of it all there's a black family; a father and his sons, functional, supportive, positive and winning... absolutely brilliant stuff, a great role model that father is imo, and such a welcome change from the usual negative images of disfunctional fatherless boys, gangs, violence, and all the rest of that rubbish which is pretty much all british people get over recent years in the media and news.

Hamilton & his dad should get the team on a tour of Uk inner city schools imo. Get the truck on a tour with one of the cars and some display engines on service stands etc and use this as an opportunity to rekindle an interest in engineering and related technologies in the young boys coming up. Young British boy's have kinda been detatched for so long from engineering & related technologies which is a huge shame because it offers great potential careers. They should do it; take this superb opportunity and do something with it, it'd be awesome. The kid's would love it.

oh well, that might sound like psycho-babble, but as a father myself of a son who looks very simiilar to Lewis Hamilton, that's how i saw it. You fret about that kind of stuff cos it can often influence your children's lives. I mean if my kid asks an old lady in the street if he can carry her heavy shopping they run away it terror, that kind of thing happens, and that's all down to the image black boys get in the media.

I attach an image of my kid's first encounter with machinery , lol, I couldnt keep the little bugger off that bike   lol

um... i'll get me coat then

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum