0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: www.softcore.net.gr

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 20-Apr-08  @  10:09 AM     Edit: 20-Apr-08  |  10:10 AM   -   www.softcore.net.gr

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello guys!!!After about two weeks of sinking deep into HTML and Flash creation - and without ANY previous knowledge - Im proud to present to you my humble "virtual home"!!!
As most of its sections are solely designed by me (and Im not a professional web developer - far from it) Ill be glad to hear any feedback from you all!!!If you spot any malfunctions,wrong rendering or such gimme a shout!!!!

www.softcore.net.gr

Thanks!!!
Oh forgot to mention I have included my 7161 profile in the "links" section - sort of trying to promote this great place - I know currently its disabled but i really dont mind!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 20-Apr-08  @  12:41 PM   -   RE: www.softcore.net.gr

admin

Link?:  No link

get rid of the flash intro - flash intro's are pointless nonsense added by 'designers'

the music page is wider (firefox) that the other pages, you need to ehck the width of the content on that page

perhaps the menu would be better if it didnt have to 'load' (fade up) each time a page loads. also flash menus cant be followed as links by search engines (thats why we got rid of them here)

although all the above is mebbe not so important for a personal site.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 3/4                 Date: 20-Apr-08  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: www.softcore.net.gr

milan

not being a programmer i find the intro ok. my only gripe is with the music on site-> every page loads sounds although i pressed "off" on the first page. so what happens is, i'm listening to a tune in the pop-up player, but then another tune starts playing from the tune, causing a "train-wreck" with the beats  

otherwise, not half bad with someone with no experience.

oh, and your music keeps on getting better and better!

Message 4/4                 Date: 21-Apr-08  @  06:55 PM     Edit: 21-Apr-08  |  10:52 PM   -   RE: www.softcore.net.gr

softcore

Thanks a lot for the input guys!!!!

Im checkin out the width issue and the weird thing is it shows up the same width here (IE & firefox in both 1280x1024 and 1024x768 resolution settings) although I did find that the height of the "menus" was different!!!

....and about that "sounds always on" thing..oh well ..Im a .....Im still wondering how I let such a thing escape my attention!!!Now I got to figure out a way to avoid this from hapening!!!
Thanks again!
Oh and thanks for the comments about the music!!!Really appreciate them!!!

EDIT: OOOOpsssssss........yes you were right - and IIII should have put my foot in it!!!!The content "looked" the same in width but apparently a spacing command was causing the "music" page to appear about 10-20 pixels wider!!!!Thanks a lot for pinpointing that!!!!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum