0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 12-Jan-08  @  12:53 PM   -   Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland      [Link: ROLAND - MC300]

davis_clapp

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

You state that "Please note, our file library also includes Roland's
disk-maker .exe utility which allows you to create non-DOS OS
disk for super mrc." can you tell me where it is exactly? I have
newer computer and cannot create a disk for a MC 500. It requires
a DD " Double Density" disk? Roland site has very little info as
these have been discontinued for a while now.

Thanks for the help

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 12-Jan-08  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, hi, they sent it over, i can upload it here but there's no instructions with it and i cant figure out how to use it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5                 Date: 12-Jan-08  @  06:52 PM   -   RE: Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland

k

ok, i added it to the file library, you'll have to work it out, there is some read-me's included, but I never tried using this app myself.

www.dancetech.com/file-library/downloadfinal.cfm?file_ID=1459

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5                 Date: 12-Jan-08  @  07:02 PM   -   RE: Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland

k

btw, i dunno if ity is possible to use HD disks, the only difference i think is the HD has an extra missing tab (or added tab, can't remember which way round), like the sliding write-protect tab on disks, the other side has a missing notch (or it is covered, as i say i forget which way round it is)

anyways, if you can't find any DD disks, mebbe you can use an HD and set the tab right for DD

does someone know more about that without me looking and checking? - I know on the old win98 you could format a DD at 720k But i dont think you can do that in win xp, again, not sure without checking all this.

I'm sure there's some old floppy DD's (and HD's) lying around here somewhere, so let me know if you run into probs and mebbe i can find time to check it out.. i dont have a roland MC tho.

Message 5/5                 Date: 14-Jan-08  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: Where is disk-maker.exe for Roland

davis_clapp

Link?:  No link

Nope this is not happening. The disk maker will not recognize any of the Roland .OUT files that it says you have to place on disk. I guess I will have to look at some other Midi record device. No one seems to have any way of creating a system disk and Roland does not respond.

Thanks anyway

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum