0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 28-Dec-07  @  06:23 PM   -   Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

My friend has bought an Ion USB turntable which comes with Audacity and has a macbook with
OSx 10.4.11. Tis software came with EZ vinyl converter which sorts everything out for you and
imports everything into Itunes, all you have to do is name the files. The problem is that this
software is only for PC. He has very limited experience with computers in general and wont be
able to go through the rigmarol of trimming the files and importing them manually. So does anyone
know of any other software like ez vinyl whic works on MAC please?

Thanks a lot

Lloyd

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 29-Dec-07  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

k

Link?:  Link

surely it can output into any s/w? just select the usb TT as the audio input

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 30-Dec-07  @  06:08 PM   -   RE: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

Lloyd Duddley

Yes that side of it is fine but I think this other programme (EZ Vinyl) actually does the next part for you i.e the trimming, exporting into Itunes for you and all you do is name the tracks. Its that part which he can't do. Plus the other way is quicker.

Message 4/6                 Date: 31-Dec-07  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

k

but any 'auto-trimming' surely can only remove start/end silence innit? other editor programmes can do that too as mebbe a batch process afterwards on the whole dir of samples

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6                 Date: 07-Jan-08  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

soup

Personally I think your friend should stay away from trying to digitize his vinyl if he's that uncomfortable with computers. Having digitized a lot of vinyl I think it's far too much work to let some automated program fuck everything up so you have to go and do it again anyways. Trimming and normalizing in a wave editor like audacity and dragging the files to itunes is not that hard to get your head around and will get much better results than the machine that just decided that that breakdown was a break between songs or that those two songs butt up against each other on the vinyl are really one. Let alone automated noise reduction...

Message 6/6                 Date: 07-Jan-08  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Advice on Vinyl to Itunes

k

i agree, every soundcard comes with a free editor nowadays doesnt it? or use the old cooledit demo for free

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum