0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Advice on which synths/sampler production kit to purchase

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 27-Dec-07  @  11:19 AM   -   Advice on which synths/sampler production kit to purchase

martinjones941

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Iam just starting out on music production having never done any production before.

I need advice on which is the most suitable equipment to purchase.

Iam wanting to produce house, mainstream, funky, electro.

I have seen the Roland MV8800 advertised, however is this useful for producing house as it is advertised as hip/hop, r&b producers most favourite equipment.

Any advice on this and other equipment would be most welcome, have also come across the Korg M3 workstation.

martinjones941@hotmail.com

Martin.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 23-Jan-08  @  07:25 PM   -   RE: Advice on which synths/sampler production kit to purchase

joegornall

Link?:  No link

Hi Martin,

Ive just started out aswell and have just completed my setup. I'd strongly reccommend buying a book called The Dance Music Manual by Rick Snowman, it gave me a wealth of information and I found it/am still finding it extremely useful for all sorts of things and takes everything from beginner upwards. It also talks about the various genres of dance music and their production techniques.

Im trying to produce trancy technoey pretty hi energy stuff and electro and I chose the Access Virus Ti synth in the end, its perfectly suited for it and for making great sounds from scratch. Check it out on their website there are a few demos of some of their sound banks. Also get down your local music store and check out a load of different synths and see what you like. Nord leads are pretty cool and the moog voyager is pretty awesome analogue modelling type thing and would all lend themselves well to the type of music you want to produce. I dont know anything about the Roland you mentioned but you might find a video review (not just of this synth) on sonicstate.com.

Apart from a synth you'll need a quick computer with a sequencer and a sampler. Industry standard seems to be a Mac with Logic pro at the moment but try not to get sucked in without researching other options. You can only use Logic on a Mac so if you're using a PC then check out Cubase, Cakewalk Sonar and Albeton Live. Kontact is a great soft sampler.

Hope this helps,

Joe

Message 3/3                 Date: 24-Jan-08  @  04:20 AM   -   RE: Advice on which synths/sampler production kit

k

Link?:  Link

well it depends Martin geatly on wether you use a computer or not - hardware or software basicaly

or a mix of both

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum