0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: The Police at Twickenham Stadium

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 10-Sep-07  @  12:21 AM   -   The Police at Twickenham Stadium

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Well fucking hell. Firstly, heres the positive things....

The first support group Fictionplane, where fucking awesome, really really good. They had a freshness and energy that blew me away.

The Police were awesome, and out of a two hour set, only 4 tracks hadnt been in the Top 40 at some point.

The stage set up and the lighting, was awesome. LED screens a plenty. Fucking brilliant. NEG Earth put in the kit, but whoever actually planned the lighting and directed/controlled it, did a fucking awesome job.

Now for the negative things.

The second support group Maximo Park were shit. The usual generic crap that is deemed "fashionable" these days, like the Artic Spunkeys...etc...

The fucking front of house mixer who did The Police should be shot. Totally shot. He fucking fucked up totally, Stewart Copelands kit was mixed totally wrong and the worst thing is... the cunt didnt mix his bass drum prominent enough. To the point where you couldnt fucking hear it.

All the support groups had their kit sounding good, so it wasnt a case of bad acoustics, bad area to sit, bad sound system. So it must be down to piss poor fucking mixing. I mean, for a group like The Police, one of the most important sounds must be the drummer. Fucking hell, fucking cunting hell. It ruined the gig totally.

Considering it was a Clair Brothers rig in there, there's no excuse.

Furthermore, the ignorant northern fucking twats sitting behind me decided to talk or phone their mates on their mobiles throughout the whole gig. Fer fucks sake. They werent the only ones. If you were in a cinema watching a film you would be instantly ejected out the place, why not a concert ?

Its not the first time I've had cunts doing this sort of shit. The behaviour of people at gigs these days is fucking appalling.

Oh and for 77 quid a seat, and we werent in a good position at all. Fucking hell.

Thank you.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 10-Sep-07  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: The Police at Twickenham Stadium

k

Link?:  Link

lol, so a good gig then?... i'd have thought you'd turn round and twat them - yeah, prince's gig @ O2 Dome was appaling sound to )opening night), very dissapointing, couldnt hear the snare drum at all and everything in the midrange was mush except the vocal... then the fact he did hardly any classic songs while bragging about how many classic songs he had to choose from

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/4                 Date: 13-Sep-07  @  01:35 AM   -   RE: The Police at Twickenham Stadium

Bedwyr

Link?: Link

helo jock you old man. you're complaining about crowd noise at a gig?

at least nobody rushed the stage in a tantric jazz style and lamped sting for being a cunt.

Message 4/4                 Date: 13-Sep-07  @  03:03 PM   -   RE: The Police at Twickenham Stadium

k

Link?:  Link

Bedwyr wrote:

helo jock you old man. youre complaining about crowd noise at a gig?

at least nobody rushed the stage in a tantric jazz style and lamped sting for being a cunt.

which they should have.. ha ha ha hahahahahahahah HE SUCKS!!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum