0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Birth.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 09-Aug-07  @  12:19 AM   -   Birth.

pict

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've just been a midwife.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 10-Aug-07  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: Birth.

k

Link?:  Link

daddy! congrats mate, she looks a nice hound, do you work her?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9                 Date: 13-Aug-07  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: Birth.

pict

She's learning,good instinct but needs to listen a bit more the father of the pups is a superb worker so she picks up a lot from him,she's actually my daughter's dog so she does lots of tricks for her they need constant mental stimulation as I'm sure you're aware or they find their own stimulation in dismantling furniture and appliances with their teethThey open doors and let themselves out or in which wouldn't be so bad if they would just close them behind themselves..We're getting shot of all the sheep for this winter though and getting new stock in the spring.So haggis and chops r us.The pups have all survived even the wee runt.8 pups for a 1st litter is good going.

Message 4/9                 Date: 13-Aug-07  @  11:34 AM   -   RE: Birth.

k

yes, 8 is high, are the pups worth anything? do you do the lambs for the freezer or do you sell em?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9                 Date: 15-Aug-07  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Birth.

pict

The lambs are mainly for the freezer but we get the ewes made into salamis and smoked sausages plus some legs of mutton for Irish stew and of course there's haggis which we make ourselves.We will sell some of the salamis and sausages but as I have a clan of 6 myself there's plenty of demand for the grub at home.The pups are worth about 300 quid each more if I could be arsed to get the papers organized but for me it's not for money but about keeping the line going .The grandfather of the pups was a champion showdog and the grandmother was from solid working stock.The father of the pups was her 1st litter and he was the only one no other pups so he is totally bonded to me as in he doesn't listen to anyone else but he watches my every expression I just make hand signals and he does what is required really top notch you couldn't get better imo.The thing is people are breeding border collies for conformity now (which really means looks) and not for working ability the working dogs are all sorts of sizes,coat lengths and colours.We had one once that was like Alsatian sized and short coated the fastest dog I've ever seen all legs it had a bad habit of plucking the chickens while they were still alive!.It wandered off then 2 years later we were at the local animal show and there he was on a lead fat and docile with some middle aged woman.She had found him and he was good natured so she kept him and had his balls snipped which got rid of his wander lust(and any other lust).

Message 6/9                 Date: 15-Aug-07  @  04:30 PM   -   RE: Birth.

k

heh, i was up in helvellyn last autumn and they were bringing in the flocks from off the mountain (and there was a mountain fox hunt going on too but that was co-incidence) anyways there was alot of sheep, about 20 people and 20 dawgs and they were using those new zealand sheep dogs, the short haired ones like a large sheepdog sized terrier with a standing up slightly curved over the back tail

plent of diahatsu's in evidence, heh, we got talking to them thru that cos me mum's also a faithful 4-track owner, she uses it to haul a horse box

Message 7/9                 Date: 15-Aug-07  @  04:34 PM   -   RE: Birth.

k

btw, you are a scot yes?.... did you ever see that film 'Sweet Sixteen' ? i was watching it the other weekend (which i allocated to lazing & watching films)... great film but they had added english subtitles, lol, because you're supposed to need it for the broad accent, a bit annoying having the titles over it all, but still watchable

you seen that one? i thought it was great

Message 8/9                 Date: 16-Aug-07  @  12:05 PM   -   RE: Birth.

pict

Aye I am that.I've seen it it's a Ken Loach isn't it?I enjoyed it too especially the cheeky wee red haired guy driving the gangster's car into the sports centre.The scene when they got the lead boy to stab the guy in the bog was well done too.Fairly close to reality unfortunately.The start was good too I would have enjoyed to guide a lorry onto a cop bike like that

Message 9/9                 Date: 16-Aug-07  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: Birth.

k

yeah, thats the one, excellent stuff

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum