0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: what's going on?

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/12                 Date: 16-Jun-07  @  12:42 PM   -   what's going on?

Bedwyr

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

innit?

nobody got anything interesting to report? me neither!

i'm waiting for my results from first year of school, making songs for sprogs and filing forms, preparing exam papers and licking envelopes for cardiff university @ 6 squids an hour. woot!

any one want a copy of a resit exam paper?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/12                 Date: 16-Jun-07  @  01:57 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

k

Link?:  Link

same here, all exam finals, everyones on it. I just lost tons of marks for a late hand in

I've got some new 7161 stuff coming too but have to wait til zazzas back from thailand to implement & cant get any videos done cos the whole f*ckini building's covered in scaffolding and they are knocking out windows all day, so it's just banging and hammering all day coning thru the walls. Before that we had 5 non stop weeks of the royal horticultural society's chelsea flower show, with 2 huge fork lifts 20 yards opposite firing off 100db reversing alarms all day from 8am straight thru ... and i mean every day inc' sundays and both bank holidays ffs... so we've had 7 weeks of non stop noise all day making video filiming and college work mpossible. finaly the flower show stopped and the scaffold work carries on with hhammering all day, and then to cap it all the next door neighbour decides to be mr home renovation, but one of those amateur home decorators who miraculously find a way to hammer and chisel something all day non stop for days on end...

what he's hammering i cant fathom cos what the hell on any site requires hammering all day, day in day out... fucking hell - home amateurs are the worst, i went to talk to him and noticed like a twat he's used an old fashioned blow torch to take all the paint off the woodwork, which means the fool now has burn marks everywhere... meaning... weeks of orbital sanding with a crappy old sander with dud sanding pads, so it's was grinding sanding noises all day for week coming thru the walls

man, it's becoming impossible to do anything in London it's so noisey and theres no way to soundproof this place cos it comes thru the structure

good kids singing track there Beds who's that for S4C?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/12                 Date: 18-Jun-07  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: what's going on?

psylichon

Message 4/12                 Date: 18-Jun-07  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: what's going on?

psylichon

Bedwyr wrote: making songs for sprogs

Holy bass, batman! Yer gonna make the kids shit their pants! And damn you for being, like, 10 dB louder than my fully mastered album. Asshole.

That'll sound great on TV though...

What mics/kit for the kids? They sound fantastic.

Message 5/12                 Date: 18-Jun-07  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: what's going on?

milan

hello geezers  

shit... i dont know where to start... i lost my mom tragically less than two months ago. business wise, i have a chance to trade audio work for decent suit&tie work if i dont fuck it up. kinda lost the wind in my back some time ago, but am trying to get back on track (see 1).

music wise, i lost the thread last year after not having a chance to touch anything in 9 months or so.

currently listening to a lot of jazz.

oh btw Psy... the link you made doesnt show any replies to your post?

Message 6/12                 Date: 19-Jun-07  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

psylichon

That's ok, I posted it in the wrong forum anyway.

You'd think I was new here.

Any way to move it to Tracks, k?

Message 7/12                 Date: 22-Jun-07  @  06:26 PM     Edit: 22-Jun-07  |  06:35 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

sitar

psylichon wrote:

Thats ok, I posted it in the wrong forum anyway.

Youd think I was new here.

Any way to move it to Tracks, k?

OMG LMAO!!!!

I am engaged to be married to the most wonderful and devastatingly gorgeous girl I've ever met.

Apart from that nothing new here either.

Milan I just scrolled up and read your post. Sorry to hear about your mom m8

Message 8/12                 Date: 22-Jun-07  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

Bedwyr

sorry to hear about your mum milan.

no idea what they used for the kids, too lazy to turn up for the sessions. Although, i regret it now, some of the songs have needed too much cutting and timestretching and there's a few mistakes. we get a cd with pt stuff on and just mix them in over what we've already done. Sometimes we have to re-record our bits to fit (key & tempo changes).

yeah it is for s4c, an animated series thing. there's a push to get some international deal going. it might already be on the cards. 20-odd episodes, maybe another 32 to do as well. good thing is we get to keep the royalties woo hoo.

you're the asshole psy, that omnidrive link just killed firefox for ten minutes. sounds great though.

and i always put too much bass in, they do get touched a bit in the sound dub as well, so if we've gone too far they'll reel it in, hopefully.

Message 9/12                 Date: 22-Jun-07  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

k

Jeez, sorry to hear that Milan mate, hope all is ok with your family and that

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/12                 Date: 26-Jun-07  @  03:18 AM   -   RE: what's going on?

craig

Sorry about your mom Milan..

I haven't had any time for music lately.. I traded my posh government job for private consulting - been doing rich internet application programming for one of (if not the) best RIA shops. It's fun and challenging but on occasion (like today) a 12 hour day at the machine can suck the life out of you.

K - what are you taking in school?

Message 11/12                 Date: 26-Jun-07  @  08:38 AM   -   RE: what's going on?

rags .aka. welder

Sorry to hear that Milan... Good luck with the new job and take care!

Message 12/12                 Date: 26-Jun-07  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: what's going on?

k

K - what are you taking in school?

teacher training, community music. good stuff, learned tons, but they cram alot in, really it'd be better i you had more time and if tha hands on 'in the classroom' stuff started earlier you could fine tune the other stuff in context, still it's good stuff tho, I'm gonna make an edu section for the new DT

Viewing all 12 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum