0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Stripping is art, Norway decides

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 06-Dec-06  @  04:04 PM   -   Stripping is art, Norway decides

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

quality stuff

A Norwegian appeals court has ruled that striptease is an art form and should therefore be exempt from value-added tax (VAT).

The owners of the Diamond Go Go Bar in Oslo had refused to pay VAT of 25% on entry fees as tax authorities demanded.

The local authority had taken the club to court over its refusal to pay tax.

Lawyers for the club's owners argued that striptease dancers were stage artists just like sword-swallowers and comedians and deserved the same status.

"Striptease, in the way it is practised in this case, is a form of dance combined with acting," the judges ruled, according to AFP news agency.

The court's ruling upholds an earlier verdict of May 2005.

"One can suspect there were moral scruples behind the tax authorities' claim since all forms of stage dance are free of value-added tax," Reuters news agency quoted the club owners' lawyer as saying.

The court ordered the state to cover the court costs of the owners of the Diamond Go Go Bar. .

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 06-Dec-06  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

milan

Link?: Link

nice  

Message 3/10                 Date: 06-Dec-06  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

Zazza

Link?:  No link

awesome, they are so sensible those norskies...

Message 4/10                 Date: 07-Dec-06  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

k

yup, but they are all drunk 24/7 innit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10                 Date: 07-Dec-06  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

sitar

ha ha. makes me proud to be of Norwegian decent!

Message 6/10                 Date: 07-Dec-06  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

milan

better than the norvegian undecent

Message 7/10                 Date: 08-Dec-06  @  12:43 AM     Edit: 08-Dec-06  |  12:59 AM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

Musineer Productions

Or, following an 'artistic' performance, Norra vegan undies scent!

Message 8/10                 Date: 08-Dec-06  @  08:43 AM     Edit: 08-Dec-06  |  08:47 AM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

Zazza

Link?:  No link

k wrote:

yup, but they are all drunk 24/7 innit?

Actually no they are not and for a very good reason, the tax on alcohol.

A pint of beer costs about £8 !!!

A bottle of Absolut Vodka, for example, is a staggering £25. £16.50 of this is a flat rate alcohol tax per bottle.

Also, 'Off sales', those are sales to customers outside of a bar, are controlled by the state-run Vinmonopolets. Anything stronger than a light-beer can only be sold by the Vinmonopolet. That means; wine, whiskey, brandy and the like.

So they tend to get very, very drunk once a week and are very, very careful not to spill any.

Check this out

Message 9/10                 Date: 08-Dec-06  @  11:28 AM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

k

but i thought they all brewed herring moonshine at home?

Message 10/10                 Date: 08-Dec-06  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Stripping is art, Norway decides

sitar

k wrote:

but i thought they all brewed herring moonshine at home?

eeeeeeeewwwwwww

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum