0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: disappointing election results

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 08-Nov-06  @  12:22 PM   -   dissappointing election results

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It'll be at least another 4 years before Terminator 4 is even a possibility

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 08-Nov-06  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

milan

loved the quote tho! "i love sequels"

Message 3/18                 Date: 08-Nov-06  @  07:48 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

I heard that. It was funny.

Message 4/18                 Date: 09-Nov-06  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

Link?:  Link

so what's the vibe like over there guys?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/18                 Date: 09-Nov-06  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

I guess it depends on whether you're on the side of democrats or republicans. My friends are happy and very relieved but I see a few people online I only know through gaming saying things like "A win for the terrorists" with a sad face inserted.

There is talk of reconciliation and determination to work together amongst politicians from opposite sides of the fence. I guess time will tell if that actually happens. The analysts are saying that the man Bush is replacing Rummy with is from the camp of his dad, a camp he refused to embrace only a short time ago...and this camp might be looking for an opportunity to pull out of Iraq sooner than later.

Message 6/18                 Date: 09-Nov-06  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

"A win for the terrorists"

lol, yeah, one thing I notice is how much LESS terrorism there is now that we have the war on terror

they cant pull out surely or they'll looose the oil supply - unless they pull out US & brit troops and leave an extremely expensive private army in place to guard everything

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/18                 Date: 09-Nov-06  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

It kills me that Bush says we can't pull out now because we'll be leaving a safe haven for Al Quaeda behind. That's putting the cart before the horse. Al Quaeda and Al Quaeda allies didn't have a safe haven in Iraq before the invasion. Saddam was too liberal for Bin Laden and they didn't care much for each other.

Message 8/18                 Date: 10-Nov-06  @  05:38 PM     Edit: 10-Nov-06  |  05:39 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

Zazza

Link?:  No link

sitar wrote:

It kills me that Bush says we cant pull out now because well be leaving a safe haven for Al Quaeda behind. Thats putting the cart before the horse. Al Quaeda and Al Quaeda allies didnt have a safe haven in Iraq before the invasion. Saddam was too liberal for Bin Laden and they didnt care much for each other.

When did he ever logic stand in his way?

So, that's Ken Lay, Ted Haggard, Donald Rumsfeld etc... he's the kiss of death eh?

'Fresh perspective' for Donald.. I like that...

Message 9/18                 Date: 10-Nov-06  @  09:51 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

Jock Munro

fucking brilliant news, about time those war mongering c*nts were put on trial in The Hague for war crimes. Along with Tony Bliar.

Which is where Saddam Hussain should of been tried.

Lets hope this is the start of a new direction for US foreign policy.

Message 10/18                 Date: 11-Nov-06  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

yeah right

Message 11/18                 Date: 11-Nov-06  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

darin

Link?:  No link

Well, the way I see it is that there is good news and bad news.

The good news is that the Democrats one in the House, Senate, and most governorships.

The bad news is that it's the Democrats who won in the House, Senate, etc.

I think even the republicans are starting to admit that there was a problem. Even my FATHER was starting to break down a bit. Not without lots of help from me. Anyhow, folks around me are calling Bush a lame-duck president for the rest of his term. Coming up to the elections, Nancy Pelosi (the House Majority Leader) has been going on the offensive, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some top Bush administration officials in some really uncomfortable hearings in front of some people asking some tough questions.

In my opinion, Rumsfeld should be in jail, and I'm not the only to think so. What he did is criminal and should be heading to the Hague. You'll never get Bush there, but hopefully Rummy... Again, I'm not the only one to say so.

Message 12/18                 Date: 12-Nov-06  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

all I can say is, the whole debacle made people like David Ike sound logical, lol

Message 13/18                 Date: 13-Nov-06  @  04:24 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

some Rummy quotes for your entertainment:

http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/quotethis/a/rumsfeldquotes.htm

Message 14/18                 Date: 13-Nov-06  @  06:40 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

f*ckin 'ell, He's Rene Descartes !!!

Message 15/18                 Date: 13-Nov-06  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

k wrote:

Reports that say that something hasnt happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we dont know we dont know.

f*ckin ell, Hes Rene Descartes !!!

How the hell could so many people have fallen for that kind of bs boggles my mind. I don't get it. I can only guess that people want to trust in their "leaders" and give up all common sense and reasoning to them because I don't think most people are evil enough to actually agree with the rummies and bushes of the world were they to think about it for 5 minutes. They just want to have faith that someone from their own country could never be hitler-esque. Unfortunately that is very naive.

Here's one I remember. Most everyone fell for this too:

"It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." -in Feb. 2003

just brilliant. One explanation for that statement is lead the people on with a false sense of hope and then figure out what you're going to tell them down the road...cross that bridge when you come to it.

The other explanation for that statement is that the bastard doesn't have a clue. The rest of the time he spent trying to explain off why his dominoes kept falling.

Smoke and mirrors folks. Again....Shakespeare was right.

Message 16/18                 Date: 13-Nov-06  @  11:58 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

k

well... i dont think people are very bright really are they?.. I mean come on, a flippin Australian's been deciding who runs this country for the last 30 years, and yet british people go totaly beserk over the slightest wiff of a suggestion of external political control when it's presented differently to them.

Message 17/18                 Date: 14-Nov-06  @  04:12 AM   -   RE: disappointing election results

sitar

lol. damn aussies. yes sadly a lot of people aren't all too bright.

Message 18/18                 Date: 16-Nov-06  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: disappointing election results

Musineer Productions

Again....Shakespeare was right.

Again...?que?

a flippin Australian's been deciding who runs this country for the last 30 years

A tad contentious perhaps? Les Patterson retired ages ago didn't he?

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum