0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: before you enlist

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 27-Oct-06  @  09:19 PM   -   before you enlist

Zazza

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 28-Oct-06  @  02:14 AM   -   RE: before you enlist

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

Ok, you've convinced me, where do I sign up?

Seriously, good post. All budding recruits should watch something similar.

When I was 14 I had a notion of joining. Fortunately I was able to first join a cadet thing at school, where I learnt how to stick a bayonet into someone without getting it stuck (well, into a sack really, but the principle was there). My folks had the sense to send me for a week at Warcop training camp through my school. There I learnt to clean and fire all sorts of guns - pistols, SLRs, Stens, GPMGs, etc. It was the last one that did it for me - the bipod machine gun. Simply point in the vague direction of something, pull the trigger and watch whatever disintegrate. No skill. No subtlty. Even at 14 I could imagine what the weapons could do to flesh and blood.

That and the fact that I never did work out who to salute and when. I remember being knackered and shouted at for a week, fed dodgy food and forced out of bed at ludicrous times (am!). Put me off participating in things military for good.

Making music is a far better use of time!

Message 3/9                 Date: 28-Oct-06  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

k

Link?:  Link

Weird!... I thought it was going to be like a Game on my PS2

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9                 Date: 28-Oct-06  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

Zazza

Link?:  No link

k wrote:

Weird!... I thought it was going to be like a Game on my PS2

It is.. only with real blood!

Message 5/9                 Date: 30-Oct-06  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: before you enlist

welder

Not to mention their free online FPS (america's army) suck big time. No blood, no foul language, horrible music, shite sound effects. I am not convinced

Message 6/9                 Date: 30-Oct-06  @  07:01 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

sitar

it's really sad that so many young people feel the military's their only way out and they basically get used. maybe that's acceptable to a degree during peacetime but now...forget about it.

Message 7/9                 Date: 01-Nov-06  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

k

hey, but often it IS their only way out.. what other choices do they have in a society which offers no education unless you pay and which has based it's population centers on industries in the past which no longer exist?... welfare and food stamps?.. i spose if someone comes with lavish multimedia shows , brochures and other gumph offering them education/college and a future career they are gonna take it...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/9                 Date: 02-Nov-06  @  07:55 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

sitar

k wrote:

hey, but often it IS their only way out.. what other choices do they have in a society which offers no education unless you pay and which has based its population centers on industries in the past which no longer exist?... welfare and food stamps?.. i spose if someone comes with lavish multimedia shows , brochures and other gumph offering them education/college and a future career they are gonna take it...

Oh yea. I totally agree. I just wish things were such that it wasn't the most appealing choice of a lot of young people.

Message 9/9                 Date: 02-Nov-06  @  09:40 PM   -   RE: before you enlist

k

agreed, it's very sad

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum