0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Hate Scammers? Lotsa free time....?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 01-Aug-06  @  08:49 AM   -   Hate Scammers? Lotsa free time....?

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Check this out... A classic stringalong that goes.... well... waaaaaay far.... lol!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 01-Aug-06  @  05:45 PM   -   RE: Hate Scammers? Lotsa free time....?

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Entertaining counter scam

Hope he's not one of those 8-foot fellas with equally sized mates in the UK! Who does live at that address?

Once I stopped laughing, I had to acknowledge that the work was quite good! I remember a bloke in Ghana who carved bush roots - amazing, Bosch-like work. Hope the real artist was in pocket at the end of it all as you say.

There is a definite satisfaction from scamming the scammers isn't there?

My contribution:

I worked for an outfit in Amsterdam once, that was selling dodgy shares in a soft drinks venture (my job was not the selling). An intellectually challenged uber-pillock 'supervisor', who had failed in the sales side, liked shouting at people, and had a big mouth, took to making my life difficult. I egged him on to brag and boast about his knowledge of the business, then let him see the portable cassette recorder in my pocket. I later mentioned some phrases I remembered him saying (as the recorder had, between you and me, been brocken for a long time) to a couple of people I knew he knew. His boss was, needless to say, not prepared to go to court/tribunal to contest my potential unfair behaviour claim (as I would produce the 'tape', which would not only support my case but raise others), and agreed to pay my wage for 6 months if I stayed at home. In the end, they paid for a year - not sure why, perhaps they were amused by my gall. They too had the grace to take it on the chin, and didn't debase themselves with displays of anger.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum