0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 31-Jul-06  @  08:28 PM   -   Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

SDUB

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Ok,

Here is another song from the defunct group I was in and the completed full length album. . I will probably just flash all the songs at one point cause I want to. Anyway, this one is a little trip hoppy and dark.

Release Me

Comments and your lovelyness always welcome.

TimothyP:

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 01-Aug-06  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

Musineer Productions

Good production. Well balanced, clear.

Good start. Really liked the little wibbly synth bits barely audible throughout.

Those vocals though. I simply don't get that type of singing. Many female opera singers make the hair stand up on the back of my neck (not in a good way), and these vocals had that effect (not that they are operatic). Not sure about the lyrics either, bit corny for me. Had to stop before the end because of the vocals, which in a way is compliment, as irritation is an emotion. Others will probably love the vocals (I'm told other people actually like the sound of female opera singers)

The mix and music were fine.

Message 3/6                 Date: 02-Aug-06  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

Rags .aka. Welder

Great track (especially this sweet-sorrow melody), very nice vocals (and spoken word), great drums and effects work. The chorus part... well yes, it is on the edge, but still comes out all right. Personally, I'd make some processed "un-earthy" versions of the vocal and mix it with the "nice" ones   Maybe I'd also add some more brutally distorted bass...

See if I like something, my brain automatically switches into "remix" mode

Message 4/6                 Date: 03-Aug-06  @  01:30 AM   -   RE: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

SDUB

Musineer Productions wrote:

Good production. Well balanced, clear.

Good start. Really liked the little wibbly synth bits barely audible throughout.

Those vocals though. I simply dont get that type of singing. Many female opera singers make the hair stand up on the back of my neck (not in a good way), and these vocals had that effect (not that they are operatic). Not sure about the lyrics either, bit corny for me. Had to stop before the end because of the vocals, which in a way is compliment, as irritation is an emotion. Others will probably love the vocals (Im told other people actually like the sound of female opera singers)

The mix and music were fine.

Thanks for the listen.....that is the one thing, I beleive her voice to be an acquired taste?

Message 5/6                 Date: 03-Aug-06  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

SDUB

Rags .aka. Welder wrote:

Great track (especially this sweet-sorrow melody), very nice vocals (and spoken word), great drums and effects work. The chorus part... well yes, it is on the edge, but still comes out all right. Personally, Id make some processed un-earthy versions of the vocal and mix it with the nice ones Maybe Id also add some more brutally distorted bass...

See if I like something, my brain automatically switches into remix mode

Thanks man...remix it if you would like?

Message 6/6                 Date: 03-Aug-06  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: Release Me **Trip Hoppy Dark**

Musineer Productions

That's it, I just can't aquire it! I know there must be something to such a cacophony, but I don't get it.

Glad you took the comment in the spirit intended. It's easy to rave about a piece I like, but I hesitate to offer, er, constructively negative opinions. Your work is strong, so I'd a feeling you wouldn't get stroppy about an honest view. You see, Rags liked 'em!

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum