0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: ESI ESP1010 - Wow!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 11-Jul-06  @  11:15 PM   -   ESI ESP101 - Wow!!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Just to say, i finished reviewing the ESI-PRO ESP1010 yesterday, and wow what a superb bit of value kit!!!! - I did a Rightmark Audio Analyser test on it and it came up with a few test results which beat the RME Digi 96/8

At 168 quid it's VERY well priced, and the Rightmark results show it's super quiet and well spec'd in the 'excellent/very good' status.

I also ran SX with Battery running a beat @ 1ms latency, heh, seemed to run a basic beat ok that low

anyways, we gotta find some filespace until the new pipe is setup, but the video is done, edited and ready to upload, 45 minutes full-on review inc' a noob freindly install procedure example.

Anyways, the E-mu 1820m is out of the text box and the ESP1010 is now in.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 17-Jul-06  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: ESI ESP101 - Wow!!

k

blimey!... Just moved the machine and I needed to check some old recording done a few week sago and add a guitar... so i opened logic and set it up to record. The logic is playing back 9 tracks and recording one in stereo - everything goes ok, I then check the latency

it's still set to 1ms!!!!!!!!!!

Crickey!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5                 Date: 17-Jul-06  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: ESI ESP101 - Wow!!

k

that's on an old amd2000xp running @ 1667mhz btw !!!

Message 4/5                 Date: 07-Mar-07  @  05:07 PM   -   RE: ESI ESP1010 - Wow!!

Pieter Kruger

Link?:  No link

I just bought the esp1010 but i find the manual very limited(for thick people) I have a few questions if you could help please
1 Can the 1010 generate its own sounds or do I need a sound module
2 Can I only split the audio tracks out

I am using a US2222 FX PRO mixer with a Yamaha PSR-550 keyboard. The keyboard only has one mono out.
Pietr

Message 5/5                 Date: 08-Mar-07  @  04:14 PM   -   RE: ESI ESP1010 - Wow!!

k

1 Can the 1010 generate its own sounds or do I need a sound module

no, it's just a multi in/out sound device

2 Can I only split the audio tracks out

you can assign audio tracks or vsti instruments to the outputs, or anything you like from within a programme that can be alloocated to an audio output... so if using for example a deejay software like NI's TRAKTOR which offers monitoring you could run a pair of outs to the PA for the main signal to the disco floor, and run a monitor to the headphone out to cue up your tracks, etc

so this deviuce allows you to mix 8 outs in hardware or for example you could sequence outboard devices from something like cubase or logic, and then bring those extrenal synths into the mix via any of the 8 inputs to blend them into the onboard s/w mix of sounds by using input monitoring

it's a typical multi in/out device therefore but very good value with rock solid drivers and an excellent clean prestine sound

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum