0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: studio 1

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 27-Apr-06  @  07:58 PM   -   studio 1

rob the 303 man

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey there after years of trying to build a mini studio I have finally done it, its small but works for me..

Ive taken a pic to share with you:

http://img146.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf11370lh.jpg

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscf11395qp.jpg

Wondered if you had any feedback, is it wack or does it look ok?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 27-Apr-06  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: studio 1

Moujik

Link?: Link

Like you say, if it works for you, that the main thing.

Must be a bit tricky to use that DJ mixer tucked down there though...??

Message 3/4                 Date: 28-Apr-06  @  06:31 AM     Edit: 28-Apr-06  |  06:40 AM   -   RE: studio 1

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

what a whacky piece of crap!

Seriously, it looks fine to me, if you can work there effectively, that is. (That counts, we can write whatever we want..)

My "studio" looks quite boring now, I've finally fried my one and only piece of HW (besides computer and monitor/amp), my beloved 49-key MIDI keyboard, which - form an objective standpoint - was nothing special, but still... I bought that fucker from my first salary, that was my first piece of gear (apart from some warezed stuff), and all the music I have here was made with that. And now my desk is just a regular desk with a computer and some paper clutter.... sigh

By the way, I can't see your monitors on the picture. If you're really looking for some feedback you could make a picture where we can see things in more perspective, including the place you sit, and the speakers as well. You can even draw the layaout of your room (with all the furniture, dog's lair, girlfriend on bed, etc...)

edit: Ok, I've managed to find theother photo with the monitors, they are WAY too close .

Q1: keyboard looks cool! (sigh) what type? are you happy with it?
Q2: gear is in the corner, or in the middle of the room.

Message 4/4                 Date: 28-Apr-06  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: studio 1

k

Link?:  Link

yeah but look where the chair is right in front of the monitors... ok, mebbe i'd put them an extra 6-8 inches further aprt, but he'll be ok at that disatance. Hopefully the wall behind the speakers is solid and not a partition (could be boomy)

Yeah Rob it looks fine, although I agree about the mixer position... what about getting a sheet of 8 x 4 plywood or a bit of kitchen worktop to chuck on top of the desk to make the whole desktop bigger?

or... put the akai in the rack... aint you got the rack ears for it?

actualy that's a classic setup with the mpc and s950!!... you should get some great stuff out of that!

so you're mixing s/w synths with the hardware right?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum