0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: mono send delay pan q

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  04:23 PM   -   mono send delay pan q

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi all,

i was reading in another thread about creating some depth- ive tried the old delaying trick- dry panned right, wet delay panned left on pcs before and it works great- BUT how to do it on my spirit fx8 as the aux sends are mono...

anyone got any ideas how i can get around this- id like to be able to send a sound to my delay box- have the dry out of one side and wet out of the other but someone said that with mono sends it messes up any panning you are doing...

anyone know a work around or at least explain what is happeneing?

greg

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/6                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  07:10 PM   -   RE: mono send delay pan q

k

Link?:  Link

eh/.... simple - send mono OUT to delay - return delay to channel - pan delay channel one way and original channel the other

why is that hrd to work out   ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6                 Date: 25-Apr-05  @  01:05 PM   -   RE: mono send delay pan q

monkeybasket2001

nah not that just htat someone said with mono sends if you use stereo reverb or delay it messes up your pan positions, thought the same would ap[ply if i was using a stereo delay but only one side....

cheers

greg

Message 4/6                 Date: 25-Apr-05  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: mono send delay pan q

monkeybasket2001

ill explain that better.....say im using a stereo delay but only want say the left side so i trun down the right side, the instrument is panned say to 8 oclock and sent to the stereo delay via a mono send meaning the 8 oclock pan position is lost and the delay comes back as the left side of a centrally panned instrument...what im trying to do is have some hardleft send that to the delay and have the delay come back hard right but as my send is mono the pan isn't being retained...

hope that makes sense.

greg

Message 5/6                 Date: 25-Apr-05  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: mono send delay pan q

k

Link?:  Link

sent to the stereo delay via a mono send meaning the 8 oclock pan position is lost and the delay comes back as the left side of a centrally panned instrument

eh?... that makes no sense... how can the aux send alter the panning position of the original signal? - most stereo delays have a mono/L input & output also

i dont get it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/6                 Date: 26-Apr-05  @  08:52 AM   -   RE: mono send delay pan q

monkeybasket2001

i think through trying to save mixer channel space ive mananaged to confuse my self- i was taking a mirror image of the intrument (with its pan poistion) to create a delayed opposite side copy but was worried that cos my send were mono the pan position was being messed up...ivce since gone back to doing it the normal way by panning the return....takes an extra mono channel but is worth it...

greg

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum