0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Best mixer recomendation

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  12:20 PM   -   Best mixer recomendation

ippeshev

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Please can you advice me on good stereo mixer/amplifier 2x100-200 W with minimum 3 mic XLR inputs and CD/Casette Deck input/outputs that I need for a church and quality records.
Thank you.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

k

Link?:  Link

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/cf_shop_list.cfm?name_search=&type=PA&dt_shop_class=PAMP&x=6&y=12

try that for some examples, from around 110 UKP

the other option of course is a NON powered mixer, which woudl be very cheap, such as a small behringer etc for under 100 euros, and then add some powered speakers - a pair of 12" or 15" speaker cabs with amps built in - the type you put up on top of poles - they are very cheap now

like these

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=172577&carrywith=

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  03:59 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

ippeshev

I found in the Behringer site the EUROPOWER PMH518M Power Mixer with 5 channels. And it is cheap. Shell I chose it?

Message 4/10                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

k

well i cant vouche for the reliability of behringer powered mixers. back in the day they got a bad rep' (their unpowered mixers), and although it was mostly with the EURODESK, that unreliability has haunted them since by reputation. However, that was years ago. But i cant say anything about reliability of their powered mixers, sorry... otherwise of course, the price is right.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/10                 Date: 21-Apr-05  @  07:54 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

k

oh, btw, do you already have the speakers?

Message 6/10                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

ippeshev

Thanks. YOU remind me that I had to ask also about the speakers. This is another problem that I have to solve. Can you advice me what are good Hi-Fi speakers?
I don't insint on Behringer. If you have better proposal for powered mixer (+echo and reverb. effects) up to about 300$ I'll accept it.

Message 7/10                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

k

well, i thought it was for a church?.... you cant use "hi-fi" speakers for a pa in a church, you gotta use pa speakers.

that's why I asked. You can get a cheap mixer without power but with FX, and then use POWERED pa speakers with the amps inside the speakers.... that's one option

Message 8/10                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  02:49 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

ippeshev

Yes, I accept this. Then may be I can get some Mackei, or Yamaha also, but I don't know how much will cost me a pair of good powered speakers? They will be puted outside so they have to be resistant.

Message 9/10                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  02:58 PM     Edit: 22-Apr-05  |  03:36 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

ippeshev

I want to add that the church is not big. I don't need very high power. I need clear quality sound. What are the differences using PA speakers and others? It will be good if I can do stereo recordings with the mixer.
Thanks

Message 10/10                 Date: 22-Apr-05  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Best mixer recomendation

k

well as i said something like this for powered speakers:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=172577&carrywith=

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum