0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 24-Feb-05  @  08:04 AM   -   The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

satori

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm running PT on MAC and on PC I have some software synths and plugins like Atmosphere, Stylus RMX, Waves etc.

I would like to make some arpeggios which will be played and frequency sweeps will be adjusted to the taste. Which software synth and which filter would be the best for this job? Preferable automated frequency sweeps. Can do it in Logic or Cubase 2.0

Any suggestions or links perhaps?

I'm well advanced in mixing but that subject is my weakest point.

Help!

TIA...

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 24-Feb-05  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

k

Link?:  Link

You do realise that both Logic and SX have built-in arpeggiators which you can therefore assign to any VSTi synth?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10                 Date: 24-Feb-05  @  09:53 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

satori

Yes... Also I can use just sequencing and create my own arpeggios.

How about frequency sweeps? What is most often used?

Message 4/10                 Date: 24-Feb-05  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

groovemonkey

thats a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

SX and logic both allow you to create filter sweeps by using automation. Just enable the automation on the vsti, hit play and wiggle those nobs.

A lot of VSTI's offer an arp option.

V-STation
ARP 2600 (not surprisingly)
Albino
CS80

etc etc etc.. It all depends on what you are after. They all have different characters where sonund is concerned.

G

Message 5/10                 Date: 24-Feb-05  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

k

those arturia moog synths have wicked arps in them

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10                 Date: 25-Feb-05  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

satori

Sounds like the best solution is to use EQ automated for these arps!

Nothing new and better available.

So... I'm not THAT bad!

Message 7/10                 Date: 25-Feb-05  @  09:10 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

k

you can use channel eq automation, but all VSTi's allow automation of filter too (havent met one yet that didnt)

Message 8/10                 Date: 25-Feb-05  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

psylichon

Antares Filter. Most moddable and analog-sounding filter plugin you will find.

Message 9/10                 Date: 26-Feb-05  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

satori

Will try... Thanx. Somehow I was never impressed with filters in VST instruments. They are OK but never really going far enough.

I've tried with Waves Ren IQ and results are not bad.

Will try Antares...

Cheers...

Message 10/10                 Date: 26-Feb-05  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: The best softsynth for arps and sweeps.

psylichon

4 stereo multipole filters with resonance, with a giant mod matrix and smooth automation.... not bad for a plugin. I've always gotten zipper noise trying to automate REQ... maybe it was an old version...

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum