0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mixing in Reason 2.5

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 15-Feb-05  @  04:38 PM   -   Mixing in Reason 2.5

johnny.peebles

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I am using Reason 2.5 to produce Trance tracks.
Although im still learning about the software, id like to know what i can do to give my tracks that full on fat sound once im doing the final mix.
They sound ok when played on the sound system in my club, but to be honest i want my tunes to sound big & bangin, and not just OK.

I had thought about mixing down in Reason, then loading the whole track into Cubase or Logic and then applying some more EQ and maybe some compression using plug ins that are available. But i fear this may not be the answer

Can anyone give me some help on this one??

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 15-Feb-05  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: Mixing in Reason 2.5

dominic

Link?:  No link

there is better people on here to answer this but I know loads of kids who use reason 2.5 then export the wav file into t-racks. Sounds alot better. so in short, i think mastering could be the answer.

but then again reason takes on a different sound alltogether if you rewire it through logic, cubase or fruity loops. that way you can use native compressors like in logic. everyone loves that compressor.

reason 3 comes bundled with a mastering software to address this exact problem that the reason 2.5 users have been complaining about.

but as said, i'm sure you'll get a better answer off people like signal runners, milan, beds, influx and k. good luck anyways.

Message 3/4                 Date: 18-Feb-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: Mixing in Reason 2.5

k

Link?:  Link

agreed, this story of reasons sound quality never ends eh.... do you run V2.5 johnny?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4                 Date: 27-Feb-05  @  10:28 AM     Edit: 27-Feb-05  |  10:29 AM   -   RE: Mixing in Reason 2.5

welder

Link?: Link

Yeah, export your song into a 24 bit file and put it through t-racks, I used this combo for long (with reason 2.5) and in fact I was pretty happy with the results.

Also, you might try "endorphin", a VST mastering compressor for the same purpose here

For mastering EQ you might want to look at elemental audio systems firium plugin, a pretty transparent FIR EQ.

And yeah, I'm not really an expert either, I just had deal with similar issues before and this is what I came up with for myself. Also, mastering can be quite a laborous process with no simple and easy solutions, so be prepared for a lot of A/B-ing...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum