0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mackie_DFX 12

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 15-Jan-05  @  10:22 AM   -   Mackie_DFX 12      [Link: Mackie - DFX 12]

mgk

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yes Peeps,
My local church have recently bought one of these mixers because we have live music and 5 singers. I dont know much about mixing and there was no manual because it was a display model, any tips or website link where i can find out the basics of mixing, how to set it up and how to get a manual for this thing. HELP!!!!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 15-Jan-05  @  11:15 AM   -   RE: Mackie_DFX 12

k

Link?: Link

there's the user manual dude - "seek and ye shall find" and all that stuff eh  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3                 Date: 15-Jan-05  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Mackie_DFX 12

k

Link?:  Link

whats the band btw (drums? keys? bass? guitar?)

who has amps? - probably put vox and keys only thru pa, the kik & rest of kit will carry in church.

what you gotta do is get the band to play, and get them to adjust everything so they balance right with the drums - then adjust the channel for the keyboards thru the PA (if no keyboard amp) so it sits right with the band.

Then when that is set roughly ok, set the vocals levels - you just have to get the balance right between NON PA'd sounds & the PA'd sounds - that's the only serious criteria

then eq to taste, but with conventional dynamic mic's all you might need to do it roll off some bottom end on the vocal mic's to stop booming & pops so much from occurring and drop some mid off the kys so they dont clutter up the vocal midrange space and resonate to much in the ambient space of the church.

Also the the band has to discipline not to turn their amps up or down after you kick off or the balance is ruined.

make sure the PA speakers are in front of the mic's if at all possible - that is the speakers should be further towards the audience than the microphones, otherwise feedback is more likely from the mic's (squeely feedback)

for any FX see the manual as to how to add - most likely you just raise the AUX on a channle and the built in FX unit can be programmed to whatever FX for that AUX channel I wouldnt advise reverb in a church which has enuff reverb already

anyways it's an option to add FX to channels - see manual for how.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum