0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  09:39 AM   -   Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

well,

Soundcraft has come up with the PERFECT solution for me.

The Spirit Compact 4, check it out!!

The Soundcraft COMPACT 4 mixer is perfectly suited to many applications requiring simple mix facilities, but it comes into its own when used for recording vocals and music onto computers using a soundcard.

Several features have been specifically incorporated for this. Firstly, it’s simple to route an input straight to the record output simply by selecting the RECORD button on the channel.

Secondly, a wide variety of input sources are catered for on this simple 4-input mixer. These include microphone, line, and a special ‘DI’ or ‘Direct’ input for guitars and keyboards, plus stereo inputs for keyboards, CD/tape, or turntable (with RIAA equalisation). This DI input matches the input impedance of the mixer to the output impedance of the instrument, ensuring optimum professional-quality audio capture.

Thirdly, listening while recording is made easier thanks to a special blend control that allows you to control the mix of the computer playback mix and the signal of the track being recorded which are blended for the Artist headphone output.'

http://www.soundcraft.com/product_sheet.asp?product_id=121

£81 all in !!

Dingo

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

k

Link?:  Link

interesting the way they've snuck in a spare bus there

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

Whats really cool is that you also get a sperate engineer and artist headphone output which can have different mixes!

Dingo

Message 4/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  11:11 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

I still think you should get that one tho....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

K,

Nice one. putting money to one side, that would slot into my boxroom bedroom no probs.

PS. any chance of that MIDI lead for my soundcard K?

Cheers

Dingo

Message 6/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  12:21 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

beds

he sold it saving up for an amek. only 500k more midi leads to go!

Message 7/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

k

lol - i keep finding it while searching for something else - then it gets misplaced again - i'll have another root around for it

Message 8/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

k

found it! - btw Dingo - i opened the jiffy bag to check, and there's only ONE in the bag - i called etcetera and he seemed to remember sending ONE to me and one to an address for you or scott?

did you get ONE and are missing just one? - cos if so, i've got it, but only one

Message 9/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

K,

It was only 1 lead that was missing from the original box so its all cool and dandy. I think I'll give up on the 'Scott will pop over and pick it up from your pad' idea dont you. Any chance of sticking in an envelope to my place if you still have the address?

Cheers

Dingo

Message 10/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

k

will do - i've got your address - i'll pop it in the post in the next few days matey

Message 11/13                 Date: 28-Oct-04  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

SignalRunners - BLU

K- whats that studio mate?

I saw a docu on the rcording of the Corrs album - looks like thats the place filmed

Blu

Message 12/13                 Date: 29-Oct-04  @  10:23 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

well, the mini desk arrived today. I actually went for the 10 channel version as I need to learn from my constant 'under buying' lessons. Desk looks great. seems really geared up for someone like me who needs a desk that can take loads of different sources and allows you, and the musician/singer to monitor easily. Even has a DI button for guitars etc. fanny-tastic.

I'll set it up tonight and will post a report.

Dingo

Message 13/13                 Date: 09-Nov-04  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Sod the Yammy, I'm going compact!!

DingoStema

K,

Just a gentle reminder about that Hoonie MIDI lead that you have been holding for me!,

Cheers

Dingo

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum