0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Yamaha MG mixers

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  09:51 AM   -   Yamaha MG mixers

DingoStema

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Has anyone here used any of this range of mixers and if so, what are your thoughts. I think BS may have bought one?

http://www.yamaha-europe.com/yamaha_europe/uk/20_proaudio/10_mixers/10_no_category/10_analog_mixers/40_mg_series/MG16_4/index.html

Cheers

Dingo

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/9                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

k

Link?:  Link

he's got a Tascam I think

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  02:53 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

DingoStema

I see, well I need a new mixer and the budget just doesnt stretch to Mackie money right now, not after the HR824 outlay anyway. These Yamaha's look too cheap to be any good but I guess whatever I buy will be better than my Behringer (yes, I WAS a mug).

Dingo

Message 4/9                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  05:48 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

k

those Phonic mixers are ok actualy - Zazza's got one and it's cool, Paul White of SoS rated the one he tested also - independent phantom switching for channels is a bonus.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9                 Date: 21-Oct-04  @  10:34 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

milan

yeah, they're quiet/clear enough for a monitor mixer. i would wanna mix using the eq tho, but i think Dingo just needs to hook up few mics and keys, right? dunno if the yammy might be betther still tho, never used it :/

Message 6/9                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

DingoStema

Yup, Milan has hit the nail on the head, thats just what I need it for. However, my soundcard only has 2in x 2out so I need a mixer that allows my singer to record over the track that logic is playing back into the mixer, without that track going back into the pc and being recorded with the vocals. (i'm sure there is a better way of expalining that but I cant....grr). Any suggestions bearing in mind I can afford Mackie money and even if I did, a 1402 doesnt allow this with my current soundcard config.

Dingo

Message 7/9                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

milan

you just send the vocs to the pc via an aux , while they're listening to the headphone mix coming out the monitor/phone outs, unless you can do another mix for them using another aux, but for that you'll probably need an extra headphone amp which you dont have so forget it...

(hope this wasnt written too confusingly)

Message 8/9                 Date: 22-Oct-04  @  11:43 PM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

k

there's no need for that - if he's sending via aux 1/2 to get a stereo vocal or via just one aux for mono, then there's no fear of the main bus sending a loop round to the pc again so the vocal can be in the main mix and feed to monitors, phones etc as long as aux is kep off on pc return channels all is ok

Message 9/9                 Date: 25-Oct-04  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Yamaha MG mixers

DingoStema

ok,

well would this do the job then?

http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/products/mixer/a_mixer/mg_series/mg16_4/index.htm

Seems sensible at £160

Always though Phonic were a bit of the Behringer side of the market?

Dingo

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum