0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: New desk acquired.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3                 Date: 02-Sep-04  @  02:08 AM   -   New desk acquired.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Managed to get my hands on a Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro. I have a few questions as ever expected I suppose. I want to use my stereos speakers as my monitors for now except they have the wire output and also a blue phono lead which plugs into the back of the stereo which separately controls the high range frequencies. Without using this blue lead only the low freq's get through.Therefore I have to use my stereo in order to use these speakers. I tried taking the main mix out into the aux on my stereo but was getting no sound when I spoke into the mic. I also tried using the tape out but had nothing again. Am I doing the right thing by using this setup??? Is there another way or anything I should check in order to make sure that the signal should get through??? cheers mates

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/3                 Date: 02-Sep-04  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: New desk acquired.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

And one mor thing. When I get the new soundcard what is the best way to monitor the mix coming back from the PC so that I can use the mixer as the volume control etc. Do I just use tape in and out puts?

Message 3/3                 Date: 02-Sep-04  @  12:19 PM   -   RE: New desk acquired.

k

Link?:  Link

yup - send L/R out from mixer to AUX IN on amp - switch amp to AUX and you should hear sound from mixer if channel is routed to master l/r out mix

thru is different - send mic channel to sub-bus out l/r and send that to IN on soundcard... send return from soundcard to mixer stereo channle or two channel panned l/r and rroute ONLY the pc-return to the mixer master l/r mix bus - dont route the mic IN channel to the main mixer l/r our or you'll get a loop

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum