0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: wot dem mean?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2                 Date: 05-May-04  @  12:47 PM   -   wot dem mean?

Gentleman Thief

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

"I know the track you're thinking of - it's not a vocoder he's using, it's a harmonic delay ... it's basically a delay effect, where the delay time is tuned to the wavelength of a given note - you then use three of those in serial, one for each note of a chord.
Rich, I've been trying to get you to code one of these things, remember? You can basically use the Harmonic Resonator - take out the filter and replace it with a delay line, that should be it "

Wot dem mean den? How can you put a delay on each note of a chord? Dem mean dat you have 1 note of a traid on 1 track each and a delay on each of dem tracks?

But my delay only has the option of ms not wavelength. Dem chattin bare joke?

Shizzle my nizzle peeps!

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/2                 Date: 06-May-04  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: wot dem mean?

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sounds like the resonant programme of a Lex PCM reverb/delay

if you take any delay and set the delay time low and set the feedback up, then when you send IN a sound it comes out as a ringing resonant sound... like on a snare you get a sort of "Boiiiing" flange-y ringing output... the delay-time sets the pitch of the delay output (once you get into lower figures)... add a bunch of them together at different times giving different pitched resonant delays and you get a chord.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum