0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: chickensys 'translator free'

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4                 Date: 09-Mar-04  @  11:48 PM   -   chickensys 'translator free'

Purple Haze

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey! Just a tip!

Yesterday I downloaded 'translator free' from chickensys. I had been looking for ages for a tool to make iso's from my akai/emu hd's and zip disks.
Well, it works like a charm. I'm very pleased since after lots of struggling trying to get 'disk2file' to work I gave up.
I burned the akai hd image on cd and lo and behold... tataaa... it even worked! I was even able to mount the images using 'daemon tools' (free too) and read them from halion (only tried that with the akai images though).
Was surprised to see all the zip disks were still working too... some of them were even from pre-historic '97.

As I said... just a tip for what seems to be a very nice (working!) product. The free is basically the same as the full version, but with some limitations.
And ofcourse converting akai/emu formatted media seems only to be a tip of it's iceberg of possibilities.

You can find it here:

http://chickensys.com/translator/translatorfree/

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/4                 Date: 10-Mar-04  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: chickensys 'translator free'

k

Link?:  No link

yup, chickensys have been around along time and do the biz!

Message 3/4                 Date: 10-Mar-04  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: chickensys 'translator free'

influx

Link?:  Link

had no idea there was a free version.

wonder if they do an accurate emu to kontakt

Message 4/4                 Date: 11-Mar-04  @  12:02 AM   -   RE: chickensys 'translator free'

toast

Link?:  No link

Not any more. NI just gave knotakt a new file system.

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum