0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: Akai_S3000XL

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 11-Nov-03  @  08:27 PM   -   Akai_S3000XL      [Link: - ]

wtmty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

How do i load original samples(wav.) to my s3000xl?

do i have to change the sample format to an akai format?
If so, how do i do that?

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 19-Nov-03  @  05:16 PM   -   RE: Akai_S3000XL

k

Link?: Link

connect via scsi from summat like Wavelab, or use a converter programme & load floppies mebbe - I'm not an owner but such proggies do exists.

Prolly be quicker to just run a cable over and sample them

[This is a question post from a dancetech product page - Replying will send a flag to the person who has added the question.]

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5                 Date: 20-Nov-03  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Akai_S3000XL

Stuff

use Mesa (free) or Millennium (faster and more reliable) to send your wav-files to the sampler, arrange it in keygroups and programs etc from the computer. SCSI rocks  

You can also use Recycle to send files directly to your sampler (i think Recycle works all the way back old s1000 too..).
So if you add say 10 drumhits in one wav-file. Load it in recycle and fix so every sound have it's own slice. Then, when you transmit to the sampler it automatically creates a program with your 10 drumhits in their own keygroups.

Message 4/5                 Date: 24-Nov-03  @  06:17 PM   -   RE: Akai_S3000XL

craig

There's also a translator for wav to akai files, and it reads akai disks too. I can't remember the name of it.

Life's been so much better since I got an S6000.

-Craig

Message 5/5                 Date: 31-Dec-04  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Akai_S3000XL

Steve Yemc

Link?:  No link

Hi,

I have aquired a lovely S3000XL One thing i didnt expect is the pain in the arse to read manual. Can anybody point me at or give me a quick rundown??? I hear I can do so much with it one guy said it would spank a real expensive keyboard for sounds. How? I have a scsi card and cable. and ZIP drive. but not really getting on with it. heeeaaalp!!!! How do you chop up vocals like underworld and Hallucinogen???? shit cooool stufff!!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum