0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  12:30 AM   -   CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

errata

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm looking for one! Anyone have any ideas???

I have looked into the D4 by alesis, and this new Roland product that converts triggers to MIDI... these are what I want but I want to pay less than $100 at least...

it's for a performance art piece and it might well get destroyed within a few uses... so it has to be CHEAP... anyone got any ideas?

e

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

Maarten

Link?: Link

Check out the simmons boxes.. all triggers and many are cheap

Message 3/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  06:22 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

Phazed

buy a casio keyboard (with midi).
take it apart.
solder piezo triggers to the key conctacts
look up on the net how to make the drum heads or use some practice pads... but please make them artistic.
mount the piezo under the drum head.

bang away, figure what midi note your generating in your sequencer. Setup a vsti sampler sound on that note.

tada...

Message 4/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

errata

cheers...

I'll lok into the Simmons...

But Phazed... that's exactly what i needed... thanks

so, if you 'snip" off the quarter inch plug on a trigger and just solder the trigger wire directly to the key contact it'll work? I've done some soldering and what-not in the past, but I'm not real knwoledgeable there!

It's for an interactive drum scuplture, I assure you, it will have some aesthetic!

Thanks again!

e

Message 5/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  11:25 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

Phazed

Yeah I think so. 'cause pressing the key is like flipping a switch. Aka allowing current to pass through the path. Releasing the key breaks the path. This is on the cheap keyboards anyway.

Not sure how velocity sensitivity is read / created...

Message 6/13                 Date: 09-Sep-03  @  11:28 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

Phazed

"Snip of the 1/4 inch end"

Mmmm I wouldn't even get something that expensive. I would goto Radio shack or some cheap electronics parts store and get some Peizo sensors.

For the casio look at pawn shops or yard sales.

Message 7/13                 Date: 30-Sep-03  @  11:45 AM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

yamaha made a cheap midi trigger 'brain' unit - I used to use one and it was good - cant remember the model number tho - sorry - try google

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/13                 Date: 30-Sep-03  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

it was the yamaha TMX - I've added it to the listings so you can see the spec's (pdf manual link on page)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/13                 Date: 18-Oct-03  @  03:05 PM     Edit: 18-Oct-03  |  05:01 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

File?:  [image]

[image file]

BEATS 1 0 0 0  |  2 0 0 0  |  3 0 0 0  |  4 0 0 0
kik 1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0  |  1 0 1 0
hat 1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0
snare 0 0 0 0  |  0 0 0 0  |  1 0 0 0  |  0 0 0 0

testing drums - edit and add file dfgdsgfdsgfdsgfd

dfgdsgdfgdfgfdgfdg

Message 10/13                 Date: 18-Oct-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

tes add comment - no drum grid

Message 11/13                 Date: 18-Oct-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

test add comment again

Message 12/13                 Date: 18-Oct-03  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

k

test add comment again

Message 13/13                 Date: 18-Jul-08  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: CHEAP drum module with TRIGGERS?

juan_carreras_1

How mutch are the costs when you count all of it together?

Viewing all 13 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum