0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   Deejay & deejay kit

Subject: Shure_M447 DJ-System

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5                 Date: 15-May-03  @  02:52 PM   -   Shure_M447 DJ-System

red

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi
i've just bought the shure m44-7 cartridges and i have them on a 1210 mk2 technics turntable.the settings i made are: Tonearm height: 4.5mm Weight: 2.5g NO headshell weight Anti-skate: 0 those are the best settings i could make...but i have a problem when i try to scratch fast..it skips a lot!especially when i try to make fast chops..does anyone knows what settings are best for skratching and not skipping?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/5                 Date: 15-May-03  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: Shure_M447 DJ-System

milan

Link?: Link

icrease the antiskipping, no? alternatively increase the weight, but dont overdo it.

Message 3/5                 Date: 15-May-03  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: Shure_M447 DJ-System

Filthy McNasty

yea, tape a brick on top of each cartridge.

Message 4/5                 Date: 15-May-03  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Shure_M447 DJ-System

psylichon

Link?: Link

that's gonna eat through your records if it's too heavy though. When i started scratching, I thought it was my needle setup, too.

Then I found out it had more to do with my own style.... now I use my elbow as a bit of a shock absorber and just change directions differently. I know "practice" isn't really what you want to hear, but I think it will help more than any other suggestion.

Message 5/5                 Date: 19-May-03  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Shure_M447 DJ-System

red

thanks guys.
i increased the weight,that worked a bit!
psylichon : i could say that it's my style that makes the needle skip but i dont think so, cause the previous needle i had,an old stanton(dont remember the type)wasnt skiping no matter what i was doing!but i must agree that practice is the best suggestion..  

if someone else has a diferent option about better setting pls inform me!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum