0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: I'm too old for this sh@*

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/15                 Date: 10-May-03  @  11:49 AM   -   I'm too old for this sh@*

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It started out innocent enough. Celebrate a friend's birthday. All of us go see a show. We have a few drinks. We watch the entertaining local fav do their thing on stage. And we drink. Next venue. More drinking. Then, my introduction to the Irish Car Bomb. It seemed so innocuous. It involved my fav beverage, Guinness. My trusty liquid refreshment could never do me wrong. Even with the cloying sweet interloper dropped within the midst of the thick heady stout, there could surely be no harm to come....

At least we had the foresight to cab it.

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/15                 Date: 10-May-03  @  12:20 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

psylichon

ICB's! Easily the best drink recipe on the face of the Earth!

But dood, you should only do, like, 3 at the most. You'll have problems beyond that. I know I'm preaching to the choir at this point.

And now proceed with the bragging about how many car bombs y'all have done in one night:

Message 3/15                 Date: 10-May-03  @  01:36 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

k

Link?:  No link

we were on those Aftershock chasers last night - me! - I was ok this morning but my mate was like death warmed up the poor bastard - then he made it worse by taking a god-almighty awefuly reeking dump in the bog, which meant I couldn't venture in there for an hour and nearly crapped me own keks waiting for the pong to subside to a safe enuff level to venture into the bathroom  

Message 4/15                 Date: 10-May-03  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

psylichon

pong... now see, I learn great new slang here everyday! thanks k!

Message 5/15                 Date: 10-May-03  @  07:51 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

Influx

heh.

ever tried lighting a match, k? works wonders even on the worst of...uh...pong

Message 6/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

man called clay

one of the three craziest fux i've ever known invited me to see krs-one tonite....and i had to decline as i'm way behind on this job and even 9 hours sleep and drinking lots a water would leave me barely able to perform this project at hand.
oh yeah....it's been some time since i ordered a drink at a bar with my mate....especially since his break-up and letting her walk with 100k of assets. like he says...he's a bastard and she deserves the lot.
oh god....i'd have hurt myself terribly at this show!
when does the world end?

Message 7/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

Mick

Oh yeah. I had to beg off tonight's debuachery. I'll be kicked back at the gaff (how's that for slang usage?) reading a book and drinking iced herbal tea.

Message 8/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

psylichon

I missed you on IRC, mick. I noticed you entered and left about 8 times while I was catching up on forums. Sorry! Try again!  

Message 9/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  06:03 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

man called clay

oh yeah psy....stay away from these forums!
you'll miss all the good fun trying to stay up with us slow pokies  

Message 10/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  06:05 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

man called clay

question: any you fuckers ever actually cork your beer for the next day?
should i be embarassed about this?
not that i do it often. only when there's beer and a cork.

Message 11/15                 Date: 11-May-03  @  08:05 PM     Edit: 11-May-03  |  08:11 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

Mick

Psy, I was testing it because 1) it asked me to install software when I first tried to log on which always makes me nervous and 2)I've used IRC maybe three or four times in the years that I've been on the Internet so am not familiar with it. I also type very slow and, generally speaking, have a rather odd attitude toward the written word vs. the spoken word.

I prefer forums because participants have the opportunity to lend a considered response to any debate. In addition there is a record for future reference. I participated in a thread a couple of months ago regarding digital audio that led me to do dig deeper into the subject to because of some misconceptions of mine that were brought to light. IRC tends, for me because its perhaps a talent one must develop, not to rely on the best communicative qualities of either the written or the spoken word so I have avoided it in the past. I am, however, interested to see the flow of the conversations on DTIRC. Besides, couple my atrocious typing speed with the lack of spell checking and my ignorance would be revealed to the world.

BTW, the book I read was called "The Wooden Sea" by Jonathan Carroll. Its a great combination of pop pulp and surrealism-lite. An unpretentious Tim Robbins perhaps. Someone read it and get back to me. Oh, it didn't make my head hurt this morning either. ;)

Message 12/15                 Date: 12-May-03  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

Jock Munro

what the hell is an IRC ?

That aftershock is lethal. Makes your nob sting when you take a piss in the morning. Especially if you mix the red with the blue and have it purple. Horrible stuff.

I was hoofing up last night at 4am. It was a Stella Sunday. Lovely beer. I'm off for hair of the dog.

Message 13/15                 Date: 13-May-03  @  01:54 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

errata

Haven't heard anything about aftershock in a long time... I heard it was pulled from bars (in the US) because too much of it will tie up your intestines and kill you! Prolly an urban myth, but I don't ever see it around here.

e

Message 14/15                 Date: 13-May-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

GrooveMonkey

Foo yuck.... ftershock is the mpst vile concoction to every disgrace the shelves of any bar!

And as for Stella.... very nice indeed, but I can't drink it coz it makes me fight and seeing as I'm not very good at fighting best to stay away...

I'll take my kicks in a herbal stylee....

Message 15/15                 Date: 13-May-03  @  09:36 AM   -   RE: I'm too old for this sh@*

Jock Munro

Yeah they call stella wife beater, and thast it makes people aggressive. But I never suffererd from that. Maybe because I drink to the point where even if I felt aggressive I couldnt do anything about it coz I'd be face down on the gents toilet floor.

Viewing all 15 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum