0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: nina simone rip

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  08:13 PM   -   nina simone rip

beds

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

there goes another one

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  08:17 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Boo

Who dat?

Message 3/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Boo

Oh bugger. THAT Nina.

Message 4/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  10:27 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

milan

r.i.p.

Message 5/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

influx

Link?: Link

who? only nina I know of is Nina Hagen.

esplain please

Message 6/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

influx

oh..then there was "nina, goddess of dance"

but if she died..well...

Message 7/16                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

The Jazz Policeman

Shame on you!

Message 8/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: nina simone rip

influx

well after I saw this I went and looked around. filled in the blanks.

dont know her. not a jazz aficianado. I see that she did the "oh lord, please dont let me be misunderstood" thing. Im always interested in what original recordings sound like vs the multitude of covers (seems like its far too often whites coverin blacks and whitey gets the props, dont it?)

Message 9/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  04:46 AM   -   RE: nina simone rip

man called clay

Link?:  No link

yep...she was something else...a real queen and a firebrand.
god bless.

Message 10/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  08:26 AM   -   RE: nina simone rip

bastiaan

What a loss...what a loss...she was such a 100% authentic real artist...one with a great, intruiging, warm and such a musiacal voice and a hard backbone: not bending over to record companies or producer sharks...

Message 11/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Mindspawn

Ghostly, sometimes eerie voice. Did some really cool stuff. Sad to see her go...

Message 12/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Jock Munro

No doubt there will be a re-release of 99 Red Balloons now.

Message 13/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

moonunit

"with your kiss my life begins..."

Message 14/16                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  02:45 PM     Edit: 22-Apr-03  |  02:47 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Zazza

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Nina was one of my all-time musical heroines, what a voice.. By a strange coinicidence I watched a recording of a concert given by her at ronnie scott's on the Performance channel the night before she died...

She wrote 'Young, Gifted and Black' nd 'My Baby just cares for me' amongst others and was a huge Bach and U2 fan!

She left the US and went live in Barbados becasue she couldn;t handle the reacism in the states, travelling around europe and the world to perform.

The most amazing combination of piano player, songwriter and singer I've ever listened to..

Treat yourself.. Go look for 'Love me or Leave' on a P2P network near you, the 3:22 (3161kb) version.. listen to the vocal phrasing and the amazing piano solo in the middle!

I'll miss her..

Peace Nina, we love you..

Message 15/16                 Date: 24-Apr-03  @  12:41 AM   -   RE: nina simone rip

chroma

some freaky stuff there: "the black freighter?)" "black is the color" "put a spell on you" tried going to sleep with that on...no way! way radical stuff for the '40s(?)politically, musically etc. one of my heroes

r.i.p.

Message 16/16                 Date: 24-Apr-03  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: nina simone rip

Deano

I think she'll be remembered as one of the greatest musicians of all time. Absolute mastery of the paino and a voice with such depth and soul AND a truly great songwriter. To see her perform was amazing, she played piano and sang better than almost anybody and she did both at the same time.

Viewing all 16 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum