0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: 420

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  07:58 AM   -   420

psylichon

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yes, I'm immature, yes I smoke too much, yes it's soooo American, but god damnit, someone had to say it:

Happy 4/20 my fellow puffers... How long since ya rolled one REALLY fat?  

psy

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

Link?:  No link

Psy,

Since you are there and I am here, and we can't celebrate together this year, I wish you the very best 420 EVER! Although I must say I feel for you......... What kind of celebratory events do you have scheduled with your parents??? Just wondering........

:P

Trills

Message 3/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

'bout to get high for church. :I [shrug]

Message 4/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

*shudders*

Message 5/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

yeah....hitler's birthday....my brother's too.
do smoke up!

Message 6/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  06:02 PM   -   RE: 420

Defector Z

http://www.teamvanguard.com/boats/m/_general/c420_home.asp

This is what I THOUGHT you were talking about.

Message 7/57                 Date: 20-Apr-03  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: 420

Maarten

Link?:  Link

I thought "YOU MADE THE LONGEST DRIVE EVER!"

Message 8/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  02:08 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

unlike easter> hitler's birthday never changes. it's always 4/20.
guess who wants you stoned and complacent and just neatly in your place...bein happy?
and ready to cough up the cash for the bag....?
none other.

Message 9/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  03:15 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

four two oh!
it's weird but i've never met anyone who could tell me what this actually meant. it's always...just well....time to get high!
haha....yes.

as the sheep remain inside their pen....

i mean seriously....occasionally is cool.
shit i was smokin when i was twelve. dealin by 14. quit sellin at 15. it's no big. it's everywhere. any kid child grandma can get it.

yeah red comes by last night knocking round ten thirty~?~?~ i'm like huh??!!! red: oh...forgot my jacket in this chick's car. can i borrow yours? btw...wanna smoke one!?!?!?
not really redman but you go ahead.
here's a jacket.

Message 10/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  04:43 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

Yay! A lecture! Just what I was looking for. I've said it before and I'll say it again: let me live while I'm young...

btw 420 has as many supposed origins as there are ways to smoke, but I'm not gonna list them all.

and no, i'm not packing bowls at 4:19 anymore. It's just that April 20th is a sort of holiday just for us, so what's the harm in celebrating?

and maarten, LOFL!!!  

psy

Message 11/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  04:52 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

yeah, but why the need to announce it? its not like it...rebellious anymore.

Im all for smokin pot (actually wish I could sometimes) but man..my stoner housemates think Im the fucking MAID or something.

sit down, take a bong rip, and NOTHING gets done. EVER. wack

Message 12/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

i'm always disappointed when the opportunity presents itself for someone to clarify the meaning or origins of a matter and the proponents of whatever the issue might be won't even bother.
especially when you got millions and millions of little kids running the streets going 4-twenty man....yeah here's my mom's twenty. i'm just seeing some deeper aryan power structure ...going...tisk....yeah four-twenty kiddies. do smoke the good leaf. keep the ghetto where it belongs. i'd definitely love to hear what the true meaning is....and it just seems so weird that whoever construed this numerical symbol of good times and fellowship with nature etc.....would just be conscious enough to pick the day of the birth of the world's greatest mass-murderer ever.
it's just one of the ultimate weirdnesses if you ask me.

Message 13/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

Jesus, clay... lighten the fuck up!

ok, here's a rundown of theories if etymology is SO important:

some dudes in SoCal started it as an after-school event.

there are 420 chemicals in pot (not true)

420 is the police code somewhere for "pot smoking in progress"

I could go on... I'm sure there's one that leads back to Hitler! Maybe Satan himself!! I mean come on, we're fookin' smoking pot here. And some of us can do it and live happy, productive lives at the same time.

But you keep on tellin' us we're wasting our time, and someday when we're older, we'll understand. Sound familiar, influx? oh, btw, yer right, there's nothing rebellious about smoking pot. The thread was just good natured fun.

So Clay, why drag it back to the Nazis??? Truly unnecessary, maaaaan.

psy

Message 14/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  05:58 AM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

Another thing.......... "keep it in the ghetto where it belongs" Clay, what world are you living in?? Pot is everywhere. From the ghettos to the palaces and everywhere in between. When I get stoned, I'm not out there beating people up and raping anyone like someone might be on alcohol. People who don't smoke pot or who don't educate themselves about it can be truly ignorant on the subject. When my grandmother had cancer, I would have done anything to roll her a joint or hand her the bong to ease her pain. But I wasn't there to do so. THAT is unfortunate. 420?? Who the f*** cares where the term comes from? We have all sorts of fake ass holidays to celebrate the most random events in our lives. Give the pot smokers a day to celebrate something they believe in, for whatever reeason. None of it matters in the long run anyway. I as many others, make decisions that affect my own life. The fact that I smoke pot on occasion is not hurting anyone else. It's my responsibility as an adult. The fact that I have a 2 foot herb plant growing in my window is MY responsibilty. Forums are for opinions, and you've heard mine.

Trills

Message 15/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

hey dont get me wrong..I wasnt sayin dont smoke pot

and I dont think clay meant "keep it in the ghetto" from HIS voice...

yeah..good hearted fun, no doubt.

but trill...celebrate something you believe in? ITS FUCKIN POT FOR CHRISSAKES!

it really isnt all that special!

and...pot as painkiller, eh? bullshit

Message 16/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:14 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

[bows to trillium] You are so spot-on sometimes, chica.

And clay... this is like the fourth time you've dropped "redman's" name. Is this the real deal Redman? If so how did you meet him? And why is it so important we know he smokes pot at your house?  

psy

Message 17/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:19 AM     Edit: 21-Apr-03  |  07:14 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

"but trill...celebrate something you believe in? ITS FUCKIN POT FOR CHRISSAKES!
it really isnt all that special!
and...pot as painkiller, eh? bullshit"

influx, you're right, it wouldn't BE a big deal if they just legalized it. But by pushing it to the "underground," now it's a "big deal" to smoke pot, because you can go to jail for it! The irony of course being that it's easier to get than alcohol and everyone's doing it.

And while I don't believe medical marijuana should be the main focus of the legalization movement, I don't think it should be denied just because some who proclaim its justice have ulterior motives [;)] (they wanna get high). The fact is there are countless testimonials from people who are dying and in pain who say pot helps them. Who the fuck are you to tell them they're wrong??

psy

Message 18/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

i understand that pot is in very ritzy and exclusive regions....backrooms private limousines etc. and not only the ghetto.
i also understand that it's a wonderful thing to relax with and enjoy when you're with good friends and sharing and communion are part of the exercise....or ritual. i understand it can bring people together as barriers are broken down and certain levels of consciousness can be achieved which couldn't be achieved otherwise. i've probably smoked a couple busloads of weed in my day....and yes....drawing, painting....or just goofing...i used to love surfing, in fact...really high.
but what i'm trying to say and probably missing here is that it does all-too-often become what i refer to as a crutch. i knew two guys who were quite close who used to laugh at me and say...clay...lighten up...you think too much and they'd laugh and yuk about...and yet they were so reliant upon their joint to keep em smiling...they weren't truly able to smile without it.
first thing in the mroning....bong.
every day for a long time.
well...one guy's chick breaks up with him and then the other's...and these two kill themselves.
just emotionally unable to cope.
i know tons of dudes who've easily fallen into the routine (whatever you wan call it) of requiring the numbing which cannabis provides.
not desiring it but requiring it.
this is cool if you can afford the time and....
stuff.
well...youth does have it's own license...so enjoy the pleasures and accompanying insight that sometimes come with this.

anyway....it's cool but i also think if you're going to go to church because you believe in god and it happens to be easter....then it's cool also to enjoy some things unencumbered by the weed.
after a point...it's no longer liberating.
and....we're all different.
anyway...i do appreciate the 420 code explanation.

and yet...one other thing that perplexes me is how i know so many homies (young and OLD) who bless the cane and yet get riled up when i say it should be legal....and free free free.
usually quietly riled up but nevertheless.
well...it's a business too.
if it weren't for the money aspect....
i'd guarantee you there'd be a lot less of it around.
kinda like peace...there's just no money in it....so good luck finding it.
now guns and war....plenty of that.

anyway....

it's all good.
as long as it is.

sorry to come off like some toad....
but hey....
it ain't like i haven't seen what's goin on round
these parts.
be youthful and ignore guys like me.
there's so little joy in wisdom.....
not that i am.

Message 19/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:33 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

no...he's not the redman of musical fame.
he's red...or we've all called him redman from way back when. he's musical...originally from new orleans and he's cool and he's always welcome. and he's as wild as the weed and his long-ass dreads would ever suggest.
he's definitely a neighborhood fixture though and got his own small-time fame. sings for a hard-rock band and is also quite a rapper.
i just wish he'd get a watch and remember his jacket sometime.

Message 20/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:35 AM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

"pot as a painkiller, eh? bullshit"

Ya know influx, this remark, coming from someone who lives in CA, where, correct me if I'm wrong here, medical use of marijuana is legal, seems a bit uneducated and arrogant. Have you ever used marijuana for medicinal reasons?? I HAVE. When I was being treated for severe migraines, my neurologist told me that if smoking herb helped ease my pain, then for no reason should I stop. I work in the medical industry, but I am not by any means a doctor. BUT, I have very close relationships with many physicians who also believe that use of marijuana for reasons such as glaucoma, nausea, headaches, crohn's disease, chronic pain, cancer, AIDS, and many more terribly debilitating, and painful diseases should not only be used freely, but they actually give out this advice to those in need. THAT my friend, has also been decriminalized. Also, Influx, I for one would love to celebrate a plant that has so many wonderful uses. Food, fuel, textiles, medicine......I think these things are a little more important than being forced to send out roses and chocolate on 2/14 for something that should be uncondtional. You Know Influx, day after day I read your posts on DT and I am always very surprised and often enjoy your arguments. You seem to be a very intelligent open person, and that is cool. But come on man, be serious. You are the LAST person I could see getting into this argument, on the other side. Please, join us in the sex and beer chat. I'd love to continue this conversation in real time.

trills

Message 21/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

and since i've accidentally become a name-dropper here....i have partied and ate mexican food with rick james here in chula vista...haha.
also met bowie...peter gabriel...bryan ferry...interviewed the stranglers...x...darby crash's last interview before he od'd....pete shelley...john cale...lou reed...iggy pop....talking heads. and yeah....red!!!! my man! you'll probably hear em on a track one day.....hopefully. but i swear the pot don't help his memory. it might help some things but NOT his memory!

Message 22/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:46 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

I should clarify, clay. I am no longer a Christian, but I play one when I go home (very poorly, based on the debates I have with my mother).

I used to be all up the ass of the church, youth group leader and all that. The Christian analogy used to work quite nicely for me. But this is just some history...

This morning was the "contemporary service" with the "uplifting" melodies of Christian rock. To each his own, but the pot really helped me to draw my own personal analogies from the otherwise meandering and pointless sermon (even my mom the superchristian agreed it was "bullshit"), and to laugh at and enjoy the ridiculousness of the music instead of be annoyed by it. Not a knock at Xtian music, more a knock at our church's band and singers. The drummer, oh lol, i wish i had an mp3... and the offeratory anthem sung 1.5 steps above the band was truly hard to keep a straight face through... even for the sober members of the congregation.

I know where you're coming from Clay, and I respect your age and experience. But don't you know any SUCCESSFUL potheads? I do. It's a shame if you don't, because they exist. But ya know what ya know I guess. Do you really think those guys failed because of pot, though? Or did the pot just amplify a more deep-routed problem in their decision-making skills? anyway, it's all good... theories....

But NAZI'S??? Dude, did you really think I was going there? [laughing]

psy

Message 23/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

oh....captain sensible too.

must not forget.

Message 24/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

clay, you tell me chat is pointless and a time-waster, yet what are we doing here?? would waste less time in realtime chat, doooood.

Message 25/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  06:50 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

one day we'll smoke one...but i ain't saying happy 4-20!

Message 26/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  07:12 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

trill...I should apologize..I was thinking in the literal sense..

if I break my arm, and smoke some weed, its still gonna hurt just as bad. Truly my bad for takin things so literally.

I wholeheartedly endorse the legality of it, but only, ONLY because I hate the illegality!

I laugh at most of the "medical marijuana" people because theyre far too often just stoned granolas...ulterior indeed.

but nor do I think someone should be jailed for smokin...except..uh...where? utah? arizona? fuck both those places anyway!

I wasnt arguing against weed. never will. I argue FOR someone's right to do whatever the fuck they want, whenever, and (pretty much) wherever they want, as long as it doesnt affect anyone else negatively.

I do, definitely, get tired of people that feel the need to ANNOUNCE themselves. pot, tattoos, piercings (my favorite are the stupid bitch sorority girls that INSIST on showing you their fucking tongue hole or belly button ring. lamers)

so trillium...ditto on the respect thing cuz from what I remember youre one well-spoken and well-versed individual, and if youre one of them doper types well more power to ya! just dont run around "la la la look at me I smoke pot" cuz I'll sneer at ya;)

Message 27/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: 420

Trillium

OOOOOHHHH did I forget to chow you my labret piercing?????? j/k :P

I like you Influx.

Trills

Message 28/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

la la la i smoke pot :P

"...ulterior indeed. "

Doh, you got me, but I fixed it!   relieved to hear your clarification...

I gotta say tho, I admit I don't really do much to help legalize pot. I don't give any money to NORML or go to any rallies or anything like that. So in that way, I'm a hippocrite by saying I want pot to be legalized.

The only way I can even start to rectify this, at least in my mind, is to be very honest with my pot smoking habit, even to the point of glorifying it. I'll even tell a client straight up that I smoke pot. Because I feel myself to be successful at what I do, and I'm very happy with a loving wife and a really fulfilling life (though FAR from perfect), I think it's my duty to show people that pot and life can coexist. That's why I keep talking about it. That and sometimes I run out of shit to say, and I like to talk!

I also think pot only makes people feel stupid because we all tend to "agree" that pot makes you stupid. Stereotypes are human-bourne... but that's just more of my hippy shit, so I'll stop there... ;)

psy

Message 29/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  09:24 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

trillium...heh...if you met me in person it might be different;)

Message 30/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  10:44 AM   -   RE: 420

milan

"This morning was the "contemporary service" with the "uplifting" melodies of Christian rock."

lol! ahahahahahahahahahaha!

please say that was a joke?

no, really? :D

Message 31/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: 420

steve

christian rock is the new trance, trust me mate.

Message 32/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: 420

Defector z

Christian Rock - now if THAT isn't an oxymoron...

Message 33/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

>>>psy: you tell me chat is pointless and a time-waster, yet what are we doing here?? would waste less time in realtime chat, doooood.

i never said totally pointless.....but this works just as well...the forum. you tell me you guys are in the room "all the time" and that's really what i'm talking about. i'd probably be in "there..."all the time" too! i dig a good, if even goofy, debate sometimes> and here it's something everyone can check later.
a response would still be there even after i got home from work.
same with e-mail. 2 out of 3 ain't so bad...is it?
like yours last night psy...you are funny when you're ON!!!!
seriously!
i went to bed laughing still.

Message 34/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: 420

broken silence

i smoked right when the clock hit 12  

hot boxxxin the sheeed baby

prolly off subject, knowing threads around here  

Message 35/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

last note before i head out: if i said yes to red every time the cane was offered....i'd be on another busload....and you know...for some odd reason...at some point....i do respect and exercise my right to say...no thank you occasionally...and you go on man...i'll watch.
there are those that question this right...but hey...i don't play that.

Message 36/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

Clay, no one is 'making' you smoke here. Feel free to watch us smoke and be happy in your decision!

And what's all this with the "cane"? We're talking about pot here, not blow. Unless yer using some geeza term i'm unfamiliar with  

psy

Message 37/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: 420

errata

Smoke up Psy,

You seem both productive and emotionaly stable (in so far as such conclusions can be met on-line). There's tons of emotionaly unstable people... lots of them take drugs... this doesn't make drugs bad. It's an idiots arguement. Pot does some damage, but your pretty clear here that you know the damage and you're a BIG KID so you make your own decisions.

Happy 4-20! Sorry if your high got f+cked up by the self righteous!

e

Message 38/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: 420

beds

for when the green has sapped all your creativity and you can't think of a title for your latest stoned ramblings here's a random idm song title generator ^

you/your meaning no-one in particular just in case the trigger happy crew get busy.

Message 39/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: 420

influx

oh come on erratta! no one's feelin self-righteous!

sorry psy..happy fuckin 4-20..er...4-21 now

Message 40/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: 420

errata

you sure?

Homey just wants to say, "Hey"... but can't do it without a socio-political thread on the ill's of both society and mairjuana and how the two are interrelated in the wreckage of the human spirit. Or something!

e

Message 41/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: 420

influx

awww come on. no one said anything about society-wrecking, did they? I didnt get that gist.

once again...sorry for hijackin your thread, psy...but to be honest I kinda dig how many turns discussions take here!

Message 42/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

I would expect no less. No love lost for anyone... and good luck killing my buzz ;)

psy

Message 43/57                 Date: 21-Apr-03  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: 420

errata

"guess who wants you stoned and complacent and just neatly in your place...bein happy? and ready to cough up the cash for the bag....? none other."

I don't think he's talkin' about the Easter Bunny! This thread is full of posts that rag this way and that about pot use...

OK, maybe Psy doesn't take 4-20 as seriously as some folks take their special days, but I swear to god, saying happy secretaries day around here lately results in a handful of high and mighties shouting back and forth about whether or not secretaries help or distract... I'm Soooooo included in this... but it just does seem like everyone's "RIGHT" lately!

I blame Bush!

e

Message 44/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: 420

influx

nah man. I'll say it again:

my beef is with people who feel the need to announce things.

fuckin NIKE nailed it with the just do it crap.

not directed at anyone in particular, here.

Message 45/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  04:40 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

i wanna meet you errata...you in sd?
you can see how self-righteous i am.

let me know.

Message 46/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: 420

errata

hehehe, why, are you gonna beat me up?

No I'm in Sacramento... And I don't REALLY think you're self-righteous. It's not just you... It's just lately a lot of people on this site (myself included) have been a bit "edgy" and seem to be difficult just to be difficult! I was just being difficult about that!

Might be playing down in SD this summer... will definately be in town! But I warn you, I know Jedi Mind Tricks!!!

e

Message 47/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: 420

psylichon

I don't want any talk of 'reciprocation' in my thread!!!

hahahahaha, i amuse me.

Message 48/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  12:56 PM   -   RE: 420

Jock Munro

Cant smoke pot. Gives me a terrible cough. Makes it virtually impossible for me to "Tony Montana" my white stuff.

Message 49/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

i don't beat people up. it's a bit difficult when you're knee-high to most jedi-warriors. but i will telepathically implore you to turn your lfo knob UP when you're really wanting to turn your modulation knob....DOWN....during your live mixes.

okay...so jedi mind-match it shall be.  
coffee or beer...you name the liquid~
let me know when you're down and around....

Message 50/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: 420

errata

You're on!

I'll be there in July...

e

Message 51/57                 Date: 22-Apr-03  @  06:57 PM     Edit: 22-Apr-03  |  06:58 PM   -   RE: 420

Fhalyndon'gan

"for when the green has sapped all your creativity and you can't think of a title for your latest stoned ramblings here's a random idm song title generator ^"

Are you sure that's not the long lost, Random Cocteau Twins Song Title Generator ???

Message 52/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

hey...i swear those C*Twins* titles are NOT random!

Message 53/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  05:41 AM   -   RE: 420

d

maybe not but the "lyrics" seem to be

Message 54/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

we'll be debating this way into the future....when it's back to the future...with the cocteau twins!
but only elizabeth knows, eh?
i still feel blue bell knoll was a peak for modern western music...of course, only one of several peaks...but nevertheless!!!

Message 55/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  07:09 AM   -   RE: 420

errata

My girlfriend and her ex-girlfriend hung out with Robin Guthrie and Elizabeth Frasier at an ecstacy party about 6-7 years ago. The next day they all went out for coffee and talked all about EF's vocals... she does write them down, but she often changes the words into tones and other nonsense while recording... just sort of "does her thing"...

So there you have it!

e

Message 56/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

yes...and mixes languages with nonsense syllables too....she's a true bird on the mic.
that must've been some good coffee!

Message 57/57                 Date: 23-Apr-03  @  07:44 AM   -   RE: 420

man called clay

btw....red hasn't swung back by with my jacket yet!
hahaha. i've known people to grow fond of my old funky jackets.
what's with that?

Viewing all 57 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 57 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum