0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Fonixlabz in URB

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  12:22 AM   -   Fonixlabz in URB

Hydrofonix

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I'm reveiwed in the mp3's section of this months URB magazine by editor Keith Hignight. He picked one of my songs "Corrupted" to talk about in particular. "...(Corrupted) has bounce, edge and gusto, running with plenty of amok....There's promise here, lots of it". But one thing he says that I don't understand is "...Corrupted does a fair job of mixing standard breaks into an industrial-tinged jilter that owes as much to David Holmes and Fatboy-Slim as it does to latter-day Jack Dangers". I Obviously know who Fatboy Slim is, but who is David Holmes and Jack Dangers? Is it a good thing to be compared to them? The only bad thing about the reveiw is he talks about how painfully slow my site is, which I recently fixed by getting it hosted. I e-mailed him the update that my site was fast now but the article was already in print. So who are those guys?

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

man called clay

Link?:  No link

it's okay to be compared to jack dangers....the man behind meat-beat manifesto.
take it graciously.
can't say i know the other guy.

Message 3/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  01:21 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

milan

david holmes is pretty cool... search the net, of course... triphoppy stuff i'm not confusing him with anyone...

anyway, props for getting such a good review. cheers!

Message 4/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

psylichon

yeah, very cool..... very cool mag, too. congrats!

Message 5/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  01:52 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

Hydrofonix

Thanks for the comments..Yeah I looked up David Holmes, he did the original score for Oceans Eleven and a couple of other movies.

Message 6/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  08:53 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

cheddar

Link?:  Link

David Holmes: check out first and last tune on "this films crap lets slash the seats", the whole second album (massive album) and an old skool compilation where he introduces the free association, reallz meatz work

Message 7/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

influx

he did a LOT fucking more than that, man

you really REALLY REALLY need to do some history work, man...David Holmes was pretty damn big, and Jack Dangers, well...not knowing who that is is...well...you need to do some research, man

Message 8/10                 Date: 31-Mar-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

moujik

Link?:  Link

David Holmes is well worth checking out... the recent Free Association album in particular.

Oh, and 'Fonix... I still found your site pretty slow man - on dialup, but still...!

Message 9/10                 Date: 01-Apr-03  @  04:01 AM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

Paullyboy8440

Took a listen to your hardlove in hifi cuz i remember liking that song in lofi. Not sure if you heard this from anyone yet but the vocals are kinda scratchy almost like its been put into very high volume then taken down again.

Site worked fine for me though - fast enough loading.

Message 10/10                 Date: 01-Apr-03  @  09:44 PM   -   RE: Fonixlabz in URB

Hydrofonix

Moujik- I don't know about it being slow, its being hosted by yahoo so its a big company, and they didn't have any options to buy more bandwidth. And Paully the vocals are put thru a distortion filter so they are scratchy, but thats the sound I'm going for. Some don't like it but I like the "raw" vocals it creates. Thanks for the feedback though. I did some research too when I finally had a second and I have to say I'm extremely flattered to be compared to these guys.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum