0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: What do you call...

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  07:16 AM   -   What do you call...

Shaz

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/03/22/sprj.irq.war.main/index.html

....A US black muslim soldier who throws a grenade at his fellow soldiers? (confused is one obvious answer)

I'm becoming so attracted to knowing this "religion of peace".

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  09:47 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

Zazza

Link?:  No link

So unlike the peace-loving christian George Bush, currently crisping children in Baghdad..

Message 3/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

psylichon

neither of those two articles mentions the soldier being black or muslim. Your jump to a conclusion readily manifests your own biases.

psy

Message 4/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Lest we forget that these guys are trained and armsed killers on high alert, high on macho propagana (hammer time) and if Vietnam was anzthing then possibly just high. If these bozs have a beef then killin is a short and obvious step. How many mammas getting 'Killed during training' letters believe it.

People if we keep introducing terror, creating more and more insubstancial enemies and spending huge on arms and training people to kill and hate then we I, for one, humbly request arbitration from our insect overlords.

Message 5/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

psylichon

Damn, cheese man, fookin' spot on there.

Message 6/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Def Z

wow Zazza, I don't even know where to begin.

Message 7/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  05:07 PM     Edit: 23-Mar-03  |  05:22 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Zazza

Gosh.. the lily-white US ... forever protecting freedom and democracy around the world?

You believe that shit?

Do you know how many democratic leaders the CIA has assasinated, removed.. how many torturers they have trained, how many dictators they have installed, how many innocents have died at the hands of US puppets?

http://www.peace.ca/moyersvideo.htm

Message 8/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

xoxos

believe it or not, the entire u.s. culture is inextricably structured around forms of entertainment wherein the the populace plays an entirely receptive role!

Message 9/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  06:14 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Zazza

so it goes..

Message 10/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Shaz

psylichon - not really. Note that because of "political" correctness, many a media snuffs out these details that were reported on live broadcast. So much for this "manifested" bollocks.

Message 11/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  07:13 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

cheddar

then the Q is how many are US soldiers are being killed out of engagement each day. Still, why is this a story.

THere is a film directors rechnique, a genre i think, where everything you see is there because the director put it there.

quick shout for dZihan and Kamien album Gran Riserva

Message 12/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Def Z

Okay Zazza, I'm watching the video, and aside from a couple of specifics (like some names and dates), there is nothing there I didn't already know. Naive? Nah. Hopeful? Sure. The US goverment has done some pretty crappy things. Doesn't change how I feel about the war, though. Is the US government hypocritical? Sure. So is everyone.

Message 13/25                 Date: 23-Mar-03  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Def Z

Unfortunately, the video is upside down and inside out...

Message 14/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  01:53 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

cheddar

some encoding problem probly

Message 15/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  07:14 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

Pongoid

I suspect that it was just a young pissed off soldier. This finding a terrorist under every stone is bullshit. From the looks of the casualty reports I saw, most of the troops on 'our' side have so far been killed by weapons accidents and friendly fire. Doesn't say much for our abilities or the Iraqis.

Ape

Message 16/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

Zazza

Def Z: Hopeful that there really is goodness and light in the hearts of Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and George W Bush and the rest of the multi-billionaires?

I hope you're right, but I'm not hopeful..

This is about power...

Message 17/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Jock

I've been wanking for peace.

So far I've collected 2 pints of baby gravy.

Message 18/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

influx

baby BATTER

Message 19/25                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  07:43 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

BJT

Let it go Jon, talk about generalising...gez

Message 20/25                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Jock

I thought it was bollock batter ?

Message 21/25                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  03:56 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

§ï†ÅR

The whole thing is a tragedy and the losers are the citizens on both sides. Wait til we get the bill. NYC still hasn't recieved the money Bush promised for recovery from 9/11 and now he's "promising" NYC money for added homeland security costs...increased dramatically because of this war.

Having said that, I had to acknowledge the humor in the incident 2 days ago where 20 (I think it was 20) Apache helicopters heading on a mission ran into what the helicopter crews described as a "hornet's nest" of anti-aircraft fire. They were suddenly trying to get out of there with their lives and trapped in a totally defensive mode. One of the helicopters was almost downed when a rocket grenade took out one of it's engines. The pilot regained control and managed to make it back to base on 1 engine. Now here's the thing.

Unfortunately 1 Apache was taken down and the crew of I believe 2 are now POWs. The humor in the midst of this is that the Apache was reportedly taken down by an old farmer with a rifle. We have these ultra high-tech warmachines that look and act like something out of the beginning of The Terminator, which cost $18 million, and some old farmer picks up his rifle and shoots one out of the sky. Don't get me wrong. It's not funny that those guys are now POWs. But there's somehow a human side to the old coot.

Message 22/25                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  04:54 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

Jock

Did the farmer say "those copters be worrying my sheep, get orf moi laaand" ?

Message 23/25                 Date: 26-Mar-03  @  06:41 PM   -   RE: What do you call...

§ï†ÅR

LOL! Probably did but in Iraqi dialect. A deep south US accent no doubt but Iraqi dialect none the less.

Message 24/25                 Date: 27-Mar-03  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

Jock

you mean "allah ! these cursed infidel capitalist lap dogs of the west are aggrivating my camels... get orf moi laaand"

Message 25/25                 Date: 27-Mar-03  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: What do you call...

chedfdar

Having said that, I had to acknowledge the humor in the incident 2 days ago where 20 (I think it was 20) Apache helicopters heading on a mission ran into what the helicopter crews described as a "hornet's nest" of anti-aircraft fire. They were suddenly trying to get out of there with their lives and trapped in a totally defensive mode. One of the helicopters was almost downed when a rocket grenade took out one of it's engines. The pilot regained control and managed to make it back to base on 1 engine. Now here's the thing.

oh thats nice

Unfortunately 1 Apache was taken down and the crew of I believe 2 are now POWs. The humor in the midst of this is that the Apache was reportedly taken down by an old farmer with a rifle. We have these ultra high-tech warmachines that look and act like something out of the beginning of The Terminator, which cost $18 million, and some old farmer picks up his rifle and shoots one out of the sky. Don't get me wrong. It's not funny that those guys are now POWs. But there's somehow a human side to the old coot.

riiiiight well thats more nice

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum