0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Dangers of Beer

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/26                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  11:41 AM   -   Dangers of Beer

Filthy McNasty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

members.aol.com/matt999h/beer.htm

Funny for a bit

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/26                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Steve Roughley

Message 3/26                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  12:36 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

They're both funny. I read a quote the other day-

"Drink Budweiser and it comes out looking like water. Drink Guiness and it comes out looking like Budweiser."

Probably an old quote but I had never heard it.

Message 4/26                 Date: 10-Mar-03  @  01:24 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Steve Roughley

You should try Irish Guiness! I mean sheesh... what that stuff does to your piss is not right!

Steve.

Message 5/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

pict

It's what it does to your arse you should be worried about.

Message 6/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  06:19 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

psylichon

yeah really.... why does it burn so much??

Message 7/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  06:51 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

influx

whats the diff between the stuff that is in Ireland and comes over here?

always wondered about that

Message 8/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  04:02 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

§ï†ÅR

We never get the real stuff from germany either. They have to chemicalize it before they send it here to conform to our FDA rules.

Message 9/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Bud is chech, different drink - actually contains alcohol: )

Message 10/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Deano

The story is that Guinness doesn't travel well so the farther you are from Dublin the worse it gets. In Ireland they'll tell you the Guinness in Dublin is better than the Guinness in Galway. Now it's brewed here in England but it's not as good as the Irish stuff. Not as smooth tasting somehow. I don't know what passes for Guinness in the US but I'll bet it ain't as good as in Ireland.
And Budweiser... yeah you've got to be careful not to mix up Budweiser US (piss) with Budweiser Budvar (Czech, gorgeous). All this talk of beer is making me thirsty

Message 11/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

BJT

I had a bit of guinness this weekend, solid black poo's I did!

Message 12/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

pict

You obviously didn't drink enough,a real session produces the famous bowel condition known as "Bitumen Bum" some people suspect that this is where the idea for Tarmac comes from.Only 6 days to go before the annual marathon of stout swallowing.

Message 13/26                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  09:43 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Steve Roughley

Age old joke, but no one has said it yet and it belongs here, so here goes:

Why is American beer cold?

So you can tell it from piss!

Oh... ha ha ha, how funny. I just coudn't help myself... errrgh.  

Steve.

Message 14/26                 Date: 12-Mar-03  @  12:00 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

pict

It's just as well the Irish make good stout because their uisge-beatha tastes like the smell of cat piss.

Message 15/26                 Date: 12-Mar-03  @  12:21 AM     Edit: 12-Mar-03  |  12:22 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Steve Roughley

Anyone ever tried Hogaarden (spelling?)? Now that stuff smells worryingly like the little yellow, or blue (sometimes even pink) toilet fresheners found in pub lavatories accross the world.

Steve.

Message 16/26                 Date: 12-Mar-03  @  12:26 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

pict

Don't eat the yellow mints!

Message 17/26                 Date: 12-Mar-03  @  03:33 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Deano

Pict, I'd agree that Paddy tastes like cat piss, but Bushmills single malt is a drink to rival all but the best Scotland has to offer. I may know f*ck all about dance music but get me onto booze...

Message 18/26                 Date: 12-Mar-03  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

dARKSTATe

Amen to Deano.. Bushmills is the dogs danglies...  

Message 19/26                 Date: 13-Mar-03  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

cheddar

i drink irish by default, the scots blended stuff is rarley as unifrormly smotth, hic.

Message 20/26                 Date: 13-Mar-03  @  09:46 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

cheddar

an that Hoeegaarden needs a bit of slow pouring to leave the yeastr in the bottom and a slice of lemon, and its a bit tricky if you use the right glass cos the lemon can cover all the way round and its a bit of a lemon flavoyured opposite of a filter cos it ADDS that fresh lemony taste to each mouthful

ahhhh bring it here

burp

Message 21/26                 Date: 13-Mar-03  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

pict

Cheddar blended whisky (e.g. Bells)is for washing wounds.Single malts are the only ones worth drinking in my opinion.I tried a Belgian white beer a while back it was revolting it tasted like it had been made out of sweet smelling flowers really thick and sickly tasting.

Message 22/26                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  06:43 AM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

psylichon

Found another. Only 9 beers though??

psy

Message 23/26                 Date: 24-Mar-03  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Jock

You should try Trappist Monk Beer. Instant head .

Message 24/26                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Pongoid

I dunno, some of the Belgian Lambics are quite tasty as beers go, but as far as harder booze an Irish single malt, Tyrconnell is quite tasty, smooth while a bit mild. I'm a bigger fan of the Scotches myself, like Highland Park or Glenmorangie with the Madierra finish. Lagavulin is quite acceptable, and Oban is really nice as well. I know the critics are much more fond of consistency in distillates, but I'm a far bigger fan of stuff with numbers casks and such that have more individual character. Certainly more hit or miss, but the hits are unreal.

Regarding the Guinness, it's long been known that a good night of drinking it, followed by a hot vindaloo on the way home from the local will always deliver the dreaded Ring Stinger to poor soul forgetting reason, and indulging senses.

Ape

Message 25/26                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

§ï†ÅR

ouch

Message 26/26                 Date: 25-Mar-03  @  10:57 PM   -   RE: Dangers of Beer

Jock

doh ! if I had taken the trouble to log in, my previous post wouldnt of indicated that trappist monk beer gives you "Instant Head". It should of read instand head f*ck. ahem... honest.

Viewing all 26 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum