0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Saddam Interview

Viewing all 37 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  12:40 AM   -   Saddam Interview

Paullyboy8440

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone catch it with Dan Rather (SP).

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  01:08 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

errata

saw most of it... it was an exercise in bullshit! Few people try to paint this guy in a reasonable light! Found out why last night.

The whole thing was spent daring Rather to contradict him, or even ask him a tough question.

Waste!!!

That all said, I LOVE THE IDEA of a debate between him and GWB, not for any real reason other than the HILARITY of it!

He's way more charming (in a snake in the grass sort of way) than GWB ever will be.

e

Message 3/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Paullyboy8440

hehe i think rather kinda feared for his life. he was in a palace in iraq in a room with saddam & 2 reporters.

Message 4/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  01:27 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Paul

uh not reporters "translaters"

Message 5/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  02:04 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Trillium

I'm not one who condones death but..............

Imagine the scenario.... Wouldn't Dan Rather be the hero of the universe if he assasinated Saddam right there when he was with him? Of course they would have like shot Dan on the spot. But what if he could have slipped somthing into his drink, or when he shook his hand, left some sort of flesh eating virus on him....... These are the things I think about when I am driving to work. Just think about it. Bush wouldn't have any reason to start a war....... Dan Rather would be a God........ What gets me, is that Both Bush administrations have talked about assasinating Saddam for the longest time to get him out of power, but they say they can never find him. Well, have they tried asking Dan Rather??

Message 6/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Paully

Hehe thats exactly what I was talking about today with a buncha friends. We'd all agree that would make a great movie scene.

Message 7/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  02:47 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

pict

Saddam would eat Bush and shit him out in a live debate and the US government know it so there is no way they'd agree to it.

Message 8/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  04:57 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

psylichon

Link?: Link

wouldn't it be cool if someone assasinated Bush? Then we wouldn't have to go to war!

Oh my god, did I just type that? I'm goin' to jail.

later.

psy

Message 9/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  05:12 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

nutoniom

i'll gladly go with you and keep you company, psy; DT lighthouse keeper. :p

Message 10/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  07:28 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

errata

hehehe, seriously, WATCH what you say, psy... they can drag you off for that!

besides, that'd leave us with Cheney! Jesus, those bastards have stacked the deck against assasination! Tell me they didn't plan this!

"I'm not one who condones death but"... we all die yo! Now if it's killing you don't condone, then why all the murder talk? Actually, killing Saddam would accomplish little... you'd have to kill Saddam, his 2 sons, 4 Baath party leaders who direct much of what goes on there, and another 60 or 70 Military and advisory personnel who would be happy to jump into that seat and keep on talking without us even noticing the ol' dog had done the deed.

Our government CANNOT kill Saddam no matter how much they'd like to... It's against both world and American laws to assasinate another country's leader... and the culprit would be a bit too obvious in this one... although I'll go Psylichon one better, rather than shot (which, as a good American I cannot approve of... hehehe) I'd like to see GW, his Dad, Cheney, Reagan, Alexander friggin' Hague, Don Wolfowitz, Rumsfield, Henry Kissinger and all the rest of those bizarre imperialist money grupping as+holes dragged into a world court and held responsible for their GODDAMNED crimes against humanity!!! There's a wonderful first step toward getting the rest of the world to understand that the American PEOPLE do not condone the kind of behind the velvet curtain brand of nastyness these F+ckheads play with!

e

Message 11/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  09:35 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

BJT

Or maybe Saddam knows some ancient Middle-eastern art of saying a few words and causing instant death, that'd be cool.

Message 12/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  09:54 AM     Edit: 28-Feb-03  |  09:57 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

errata: 'Our government CANNOT kill Saddam no matter how much they'd like to... It's against both world and American laws to assasinate another country's leader... and the culprit would be a bit too obvious in this one... '

hahahahaha 

Yeah, right...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2002/07/09/intelligence.htm

'USA Today'

Spying on Americans, toppling adversary regimes, even eliminating certain foreign leaders — all actions long regarded as forbidden for the CIA and other agencies — are back as policy options in the wake of Sept. 11. The shift has taken place with little public debate or formal government action.

blah blah...

Some history for you...:

Assassinations

President Ford imposed a ban by executive order in 1976 following revelations by the Church Committee of CIA involvement in planned or actual assassinations of, among others, Cuban President Fidel Castro, Congolese Prime Minister Patrice Lumumba, Chilean President Salvador Allende, Dominican President Rafael Trujillo, and Che Guevara. A policy of assassination poses a dangerous risk of backfiring - the United States as an open society is particularly vulnerable in this regard - and is obviously a blatant violation of the right to life.

http://www.hrw.org/press/2001/09/bushlet0920.htm

This ban has basically been lifted since 9/11..

Message 13/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  11:22 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Steve Roughley

Well, when the SAS had Sadam in their sights they were told to back off. Killing him will only create a Marter anyway. It won't get rid of his threat at all.

As for the CIA, they have toppled countless regimes using information alone. They could do it again if they wished. But again, it is probably not in the 'best interests' of the US and the UK.

It was quite funny when Saddam challenged GWB to a fist fight. Can you imagine the ratings that would pull in?  

Regards.

Steve.

Message 14/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  12:34 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

k

if they kill him then they cant spend billios of taxpayers money on replacement expended munitions and weapons orders (all nicely tendered thru Bush Snr's corporation who Colin Powell also works for and who Bin Ladens family owns about 30% of the stock) - lol!

Message 15/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

you cynic you...!

What you mean the USA is cash rich and needs an empire to invest in?

Message 16/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  01:16 PM     Edit: 28-Feb-03  |  01:20 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

This is all very Karmic anyways..

Q: Who paid for the weapons and training for Osama and his Muslem fundamentalists when they were giving the Russians grief?

A: The USA

Q: Who paid for the weapons and training for Saddam and his cronies when they were giving Iran grief?

Q: Who paid for the weapons and training for the war in Korea?

Q: Who is now giving the USA grief?

A: Osama and Saddam and Korea

heh

Message 17/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  02:11 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Bastiaan

Zazza...for your information: there's 2 korea's...find out witch one is backed by the US and which one is causing them grief.

Message 18/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  03:02 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

steve

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Message 19/37                 Date: 28-Feb-03  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

pict

snigger.

Message 20/37                 Date: 01-Mar-03  @  08:03 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

This must have come up when Junior was doing alphabet with Uncle Donald?

Message 21/37                 Date: 01-Mar-03  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

panama

zasza: the U.S. helped Iraq b/c Iran would not
accept a ceasefire at the the end of the
Iraq-Iran war... Iraqi's ppl would have been
slaughtered by the Iranians.

Iraq did Invade Iran ... but Iran was NOT letting
up years later when the war was actually over.

Message 22/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

there really was never a policy which stated the US government could not eradicate it's own president...if the assasination took place in dallas, texas....infront of televison cameras etc.
this is government for the people...ahem...by the people.

question: is there a database of who we are....?
just in case...say psy is all-of-a-sudden unavailable for posting as result of said comment?!
i mean do we know who our brothers and sisters and friends are here?

do we know how to check up if someone neglects (?) to post in a week?

i'm not sure how to go about this> but fraternal orders (klans) of every persuasion have coveted this earth for eons..ages...and NOW..more than ever.

i think dancetech forum group should have such a thing.
a simple data base to increase awareness.
just my opinion.
my government knows, in clear english, what i think....and yet my resistance remains passive.
however, their methods are not mine.

zazza? anybody? any ideas?

Message 23/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  06:55 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

then again....in the spirit of such kindred love and
togetherness....

we'll simply rot.

tis the nature of power and egos.
tis quite okay mates.
i've come this far on my own....and i'll venture
another bit o whiplash and sail-slash
without the hearty hear-hear from ...the ranks of
oz.
typical this...but now back to those ants....
ya gotta love em.

Message 24/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  07:02 AM     Edit: 02-Mar-03  |  07:04 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

panama: In fact the US secretly supplied arms and intelligence to Iran for years, mainly through Israel. Remember the Iran/Contra affair? Using the profits from arms sales to Iran fund the Contras in Nicuragua?

At the same time they tried to persuade US allies not to sell arms to Iran.. thus increasing US influence and profits.

In fact the US were also selling arms to Iraq during the war, along with the French and the British, who were quite happy for the war to continue while they supplied both sides (this is very common in third world conflicts) as long as one side didn't actually win!

The Iranians wanted get rid of Saddam, who was a 'threat to the stability of the region' (sound familiar?). Saddam fought back using chemical weapons supplied by unnnhh the US.

I could go on.. you know about the Shah of Iran who was installed by the CIA in the 50's.. another US branded dictator, whose repression led to the Mullahs taking over Iran.. but this is getting too depressing 

Message 25/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  07:07 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

Oh, by the way, the US presence in the Middle East is not about Oil. It is about Oil Companies.

Just look at the links between Bush administration and Oil companies.. do you realise how much money these guys are gonna make?

Billions and billions and .. well there you go..

Moral high ground/Evil Dictator/Suffering people?

Don't make me laugh...

Message 26/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

viet nam was 15 years of profit......making things that go boom and then needing and making more things that go boom.
boom boom factory.
kick that g.

Message 27/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

okay well...nevermind all that trivial stuff...just expose the dancetech voting records!

Message 28/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  08:07 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

k

Link?:  Link

lol  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 29/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

cheddar

adopt a policy MCC

live by the sword...

"it's just illusion"

Message 30/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  10:43 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

MCC 'viet nam was 15 years of profit......'

Actually 25 years, the French were in there for ten years before the US jumped in...

War for 25 years? As an alternative to communism? Gee, the poor bastards.. and the US failed anyways.. what a waste of life..

Message 31/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  02:12 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

we can bush's middle-east will be just as easy
to hold onto....

Message 32/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  02:28 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2003/02/28/MN40941.DTL

as for the laughs (tisk)....here's a good article on
just how ashcroft is insuring illegal guns can be maintained on the streets without california being able to secure checks on who owns them. the elimination of resistance through private and individual mayhem perpetrated by "common crime"
.....especially in the ghetto....will certainly go
a long way towards getting the job done....li.e pacification>
i can imagine the burning of al sharpton's headquarters will also go unsolved.

one can just feel the love.

Message 33/37                 Date: 02-Mar-03  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

i guess what i'm getting at (here) is that the play is gonna take place in the middle east....parts of the philippines (as they are quietly occuring now)...and here in america where the power rests. at this point....britain is pretty much the symbolic poodle state.....creating the perception and televised image (hear hear) that western society condones the abolition of human decency which is about to occur. it was stated somewhere that only
about 15 percent of the british troops deployed were actual ready ground troops.
we have more than that in the city of LA.....
ready for gang-war...anytime.
and most likely on someone's payroll.

so...as you have your tea.....
and ponder the ramifications of what's occurring....and who's saying what......just note that it's way easier to laugh when you're sitting on that little rock which tony blair governs.....
and not the real setting where decisions governing/maddening the world...are really made.

cheerio
top-hole

mcc>

Message 34/37                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  11:16 AM     Edit: 03-Mar-03  |  11:19 AM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

Oooie.. the US and UK have started extra bombing of missile sites in southern Iraq.. part of an 'aggressive policy change' according to the US.

Wheeeeeeee.... soften them up eh?

Of course the 'missile sites' are slap bang in the middle of the Shi'a communities towns and villages...

Message 35/37                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

cheddar

war by any other name, but i bet Ladbrookes won't pay out on that

Message 36/37                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

Zazza

Not unless a missile hits the Weather Centre roof on Christmas Day...

Message 37/37                 Date: 03-Mar-03  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Saddam Interview

man called clay

ladbrooke's probably won't but the uk's
churches and hospitals are officially ready to take on the incoming....maimed etc.

Viewing all 37 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum