0  |  skin: 1 2 3  | Login | Join  | 

Audioindy.com

Mail discussion to a friend Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About 7161 forums Forum home New Topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: why modern rock sucks

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

Original Message 1/18                 Date: 25-Feb-03  @  08:13 AM   -   why modern rock sucks

spooloops

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

came across this great diary from an engineer in LA, it's a hilarious read...

http://www.prosoundweb.com/recording/mm/week1/mm.php

[ back to forum ]               [quote]

Message 2/18                 Date: 25-Feb-03  @  08:16 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

psylichon

Link?: Link

I've read it all and yes, anyone who hasn't read it REALLY should! It's absolutely hilarious and very true to form from my studio experience.

It's long but it's definitely worth it.

What's its status? I haven't even checked in weeks.

psy

Message 3/18                 Date: 25-Feb-03  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

influx

Link?:  Link

damn. somebody's sleepin

MM diaries have been the talk of the town for months now 

hey..if you look further at prosoundweb youll see "tapeop" which is a really cool grassroots level magazine about all levels of recording

and its FREE. subscriptions, sent to your door, are FREE

shouldnt be, but they are. very cool

Message 4/18                 Date: 25-Feb-03  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

krisgot

Wow, guess recording is just like any other business. Nice to know.... and funny reading too.

Message 5/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  02:22 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

d

December 10th was the last update.

Message 6/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  04:24 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

spooloops

maybe he was found out and given the old "you'll never work in this town again!"...

Message 7/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

Ragnar0k

What about the secret code names he uses? I guess Alishah stands for Protools and radar24 is sonar (just a guess).

Damn, this guy is mad, making 188 edits with a razorblade on a tape...

Message 8/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

milan

Alsihad. not sure, but i think it was never explained. i think its like saying "trance" on dt- you have to mask it well  

oh, and radar24 is radar24, hd-recording system. no secret there.

Message 9/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  09:06 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

psylichon

alsihad is definitely Pro-Tools.

God, I wish more major studios used Sonar!

Message 10/18                 Date: 26-Feb-03  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

d

an alsihah is someone proficient in the use of alsihad. there's threads over there where those definitions are discussed. there's also threads with uninformed speculation as to the identity of bitch slap and the current status of the project. over there.

Message 11/18                 Date: 27-Feb-03  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

milan

but why "alsihad"? i know why *not* "protools", but why "alsihad"? i want to know.

Message 12/18                 Date: 27-Feb-03  @  03:01 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

§ï†ÅR

That IS hilarious. You gotta love Dumb Ass.

Message 13/18                 Date: 27-Feb-03  @  03:11 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

d

I guess they were throwing shit against the wall and that's the piece that stuck  

Message 14/18                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

dan

Thanks man! I had to read this to the end, when I was supposed to be studying for my exam. Thanks a lot!

Message 15/18                 Date: 05-Mar-03  @  12:14 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

§ï†ÅR

Yea it's kinda like Stephen King. Hard to stop once you start. I sent a link to a friend of mine at work. It's so funny cuz the last couple of days I hear him laughing at his desk. The first couple of times I asked him why he's laughing and he says "I'm reading that diary". I don't need to ask him anymore. I hear him laugh and I know he's on it again.

Message 16/18                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

§ï†ÅR

anyone know where the rest of this is. It stops after week 8 and then the assistant has his own thing going but it's not as good. anyone know if there is more or what happened that made him stop?

Message 17/18                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

queasy00

Link?:  Link

click on the link that says "click here to see the latest post"
which goes past week8.. but then it stops again.
-j

Message 18/18                 Date: 11-Mar-03  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: why modern rock sucks

§ï†ÅR

Found it already but thanks mang

Viewing all 18 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum